The NEW America (1 Viewer)

R

Rich

MrsGorilla said:
You said you weren't American and therefore you couldn't be ignorant, implying that anyone who isn't American is incapable of being ignorant. Hence, Tony Blair is not ignorant. :eek: :cool:
Well now, based on your criteria for denying that Daniella was accusing all Muslims of terrorism, that can't be true

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 00:40
Rich said:
Well now, based on your criteria for denying that Daniella was accusing all Muslims of terrorism, that can't be true

He just said mosques, plural, not ALL mosques. :cool:

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 00:40
Rich said:
And I said American, singular:cool:

American is plural. If you had said you weren't AN American, that would be singular. :D

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:40
Rich said:
And I said American, singular:cool:

You used 'American' as an adjective not a noun.

Either that or your grasp of prepositions is a little lacking. :p

"I'm Briton, you Jane" :D

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:

Nonsense, you said being American and being non-ignorant was mutually exclusive.

I never said that British mosques inherently groom muslims. Just that terrorists get groomed in British mosques.

If this statement wasn't true and some terrorists were groomed in some British mosques (which they have been by the way), where were they groomed? :confused:

You have to insert the term "all mosques" in my statement for your argument to work. But that isn't what I said is it? ;)

R

Rich

dan-cat said:
You used 'American' as an adjective not a noun.
A·mer·i·can (ə-mĕr'ĭ-kən)
adj.
Of or relating to the United States of America or its people, language, or culture.
Of or relating to North or South America, the West Indies, or the Western Hemisphere.
Of or relating to any of the Native American peoples.
Indigenous to North or South America. Used of plants and animals.
n.

Hmm, paranoia, jumping to conclusions

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Bodisathva said:
That's not what I meant and you f@#$%&g know it.
Hmmm, odd response Bod, and there's no need for expletives I'm sure.
Rich said
You'll forgive me I'm sure for not finding the deaths of countless thousands around the world thanks to Uncle Sam as being the least bit humorous
You said
Just as, I'm certain, we "Yanks" forgive you for the deaths of countless thousands of threads around these forums
As I said, the linking of innocent deaths by the USA is now equated with the "deaths of countless thousands of threads" - You can't make it much clearer how you think about innocent deaths - thats why you should be president, he doesn't care who he kills to get to the oil.
In fact, re-reading your reply, you say "we Yanks" - therefore speaking for all Americans - you must be wrong though, there must be some Americans who have feelings.

Col

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:40
blah, blah, blah...since it's really what your after, I find it much more satisfying to deny you the pleasure of the argument.:p

...and, incidently, any furtherance of this one.

ColinEssex said:
...thats why you should be president
from now on, you shall address me as "Mr. President":cool:

R

Rich

Bodisathva said:
I find it much more satisfying to deny you the pleasure of the argument.:p
That's because you don't have an argument, at least not one that's meritorious

from now on, you shall address me as "Mr. President":cool
wouldn't address the current one as such or an imposter

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
A·mer·i·can (ə-mĕr'ĭ-kən)
adj.
Of or relating to the United States of America or its people, language, or culture.
Of or relating to North or South America, the West Indies, or the Western Hemisphere.
Of or relating to any of the Native American peoples.
Indigenous to North or South America. Used of plants and animals.
n.

If you used it as an adjective then it can't be singular.
If you used it as a noun then you were talking like Tarzan.

Take your pick.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Bodisathva said:
from now on, you shall address me as "Mr. President":cool:
Only if you're willing to send people to their death with no concience, ignore reasonable advice, be a pig headed idiot who can't speak properly, screw up the world big-time and care nothing for anyone except yourself and your bank balance - can you do all that? The fact you are American is a good start.

Col

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
ColinEssex said:
The fact you are American is a good start.

Col

I'm not saying that you have any, but you do realise that you are insulting any American friend you may have, don't you?

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:

The good news is, is that you're not American so you don't have to be ignorant of your grammatical failings. Pity it takes an American to point them out to you though isn't it ;) Kind of throws your suppositions out of the window really :D

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
dan-cat said:
I'm not saying that you have any, but you do realise that you are insulting any American friend you may have, don't you?
I was under the impression the President of the USA had to be American. Bod is American isn't he? Whats your problem now Daniella?

Or is it now insulting to call an American "American" - I know you've all been told to say you're Canadian when out of the USA - can you update us all on the latest please?

Col

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
ColinEssex said:
I was under the impression the President of the USA had to be American. Bod is American isn't he? Whats your problem now Daniella?

Or is it now insulting to call an American "American" - I know you've all been told to say you're Canadian when out of the USA - can you update us all on the latest please?

Col

Do you actually understand what you write :confused:

I've already lectured Rich on his grammatical failings. Can't you learn from his mistakes ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom