The Slightly Obscure Music Discussion And Quizzy Thread (2 Viewers)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 14:39
Are they all anthems?
I guess they are, but that is not what I am alluding to. They songs and their lyrics, in and of themselves, have nothing to do with the common thread.

Darrell

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:39
My first thought is that they've all been in The Sopranos... but that is a guess and I don't really know. Will have to give more thought...

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
My first thought is that they've all been in The Sopranos... but that is a guess and I don't really know. Will have to give more thought...
You are thinking along the correct lines...

Darrell

Registered User.
Local time
You are thinking along the correct lines...
Hmm yeah I didn't think that the Kiss song was on that series so not so sure where to go from here. I can't think of any other series I've seen that has some of those tracks. Might be a puzzle for someone more local maybe...

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Hmm yeah I didn't think that the Kiss song was on that series so not so sure where to go from here. I can't think of any other series I've seen that has some of those tracks. Might be a puzzle for someone more local maybe...
Not a television show, but those songs were mentioned in one place...

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:39
I am SO not up with pop-charts music that I am hanging back. My musical tastes run in an entirely different direction. Just in case anyone wondered why I am not jumping in here despite my musical background.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I am SO not up with pop-charts music that I am hanging back. My musical tastes run in an entirely different direction. Just in case anyone wondered why I am not jumping in here despite my musical background.
I have heard of Taylor Swift, can't name any of her songs and I wouldn't know her if I fell over her.
So I am quite 'with it'.

Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:39
In fact, I'm finding it simultaneously amusing and embarrassing that the music I hear in TV commercial backgrounds was popular when I WAS paying attention to pop-music radio. And some of my favorite music has been relegated to "elevator music" status.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Final clue and it is a dead give-away. All of those songs a cleverly referred to in a single song...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom