What's Happening

Hey, Col,
How are you doing? Recuperating properly?
hmmmm... recuperating... that's a weird word... did you cuperate and then you needed to REcuperate?

Hi Tess,

Thanks mate - I'm sort of ok. Its been a difficult week, I'd prefer not to publish it here though;)

Col

MrsGorilla said:
Awww. Congrats on the new addition. As a mommy of an 18 month old, I'm not very far removed from where you are now. :D We're talking about having 1 or possibly 2 more but we have to get a bigger house first, which we are in the process of doing now. :cool:

If you'd asked me 6 weeks ago, I would have told you there was no way I would have another one, but I am considering it now. She should have a sibling if possible, but we got a very late start - I'm 42, my boyfirend is 46 - because she was essentially unplanned. And he is in school right now, believe it or not, so we were thinking maybe after he gets done with school, and we would need the bigger house too. Amazing how one little body can take up SOOOO much space.

Lisa

TessB said:
Oh! Look Hayley! You have a namesake... (sort of)
Imnop, do you pronounce it Haley like Halle Berry, or Haley like our Hayley?

Hayley is more of a common name these days. I have seen it spelt Haley as well. All too often on xmas cards etc I've had Haley or Hailey, not sure if the spelling with the "i" is a proper spelling or not. My mum was a big fan of Hayley Mills who I was named after. I much prefer my name to "Susie" though which is what I was going to be called :eek:

Hay

Hayley Baxter said:
I much prefer my name to "Susie" though which is what I was going to be called :eek:

Hay
That must be because you're fond of the Stones version of Susie Q:cool:

lmnop7854 said:
If you'd asked me 6 weeks ago, I would have told you there was no way I would have another one, but I am considering it now. She should have a sibling if possible, but we got a very late start - I'm 42, my boyfirend is 46 - because she was essentially unplanned. And he is in school right now, believe it or not, so we were thinking maybe after he gets done with school, and we would need the bigger house too. Amazing how one little body can take up SOOOO much space.

Lisa

Tell me about it. As they get older their toys get bigger, too. Just ask Rich or Col. ;)

We got a bit of a late start as well, both of us are 35 now. But I didn't want to get pregnant until I finished school myself, which I did in 2002. My husband just finished his degree this year, so we are in a better position to have another one (or two) but we need to get on the ball. :rolleyes:

MrsGorilla said:
Tell me about it. As they get older their toys get bigger, too. Just ask Rich or Col. ;)
and then when they start school they have a habit of inviting the odd friend around

Yeah, my youngest has just started bringing home "odd" friends in the past couple years.
:rolleyes: Boys with black nail polish... lol.
:eek: And I had to ask his multi-color haired girlfriend (who is REALLY sweet) to go one home at 1:30am last night as we were all ready to go to bed.

TessB said:
And I had to ask his multi-color haired girlfriend (who is REALLY sweet) to go one home at 1:30am last night as we were all ready to go to bed.

Sounds like she was hoping to stay the night:D

Yes, well.... she's 18... He, 17... wouldn't be out of the ordinary. I've "fallen asleep" at a boyfriend's house at that age... er... no.... come to think of it, it was before then.

OH! and just a few weeks ago, when they were out of school for Thanksgiving vacation, I pull out of my garage to go to work @ 8:30 and there's her car on the curb. She'd come over, my daughter informed, at 7! My son usually sleeps till noon on non-school days. LOL

Last edited:
TessB said:
Yes, well.... she's 18... He, 17... wouldn't be out of the ordinary. I've "fallen asleep" at a boyfriend's house at that age... er... no.... come to think of it, it was before then.

OH! and just a few weeks ago, when they were out of school for Thanksgiving vacation, I pull out of my garage to go to work @ 8:30 and there's her car on the curb. She'd come over, my daughter informed, at 7! My son usually sleeps till noon on non-school days. LOL

Envision me with my hands over my ears.....lalalalalalalalalalalala!!!!

I don't want to be hearing about this yet!!

Lisa

:rolleyes: Tell me about it.
But hey, if this is the worst of it... that's ok
They haven't come home drunk, or pregnant, or beat up, or stoned... so, we're good.

Have you made sure he carries protection at least?

TessB said:
:rolleyes: Tell me about it.
But hey, if this is the worst of it... that's ok
They haven't come home drunk, or pregnant, or beat up, or stoned... so, we're good.
and they've actually come home, or at least told you when they're staying out:D

Vassago said:
Have you made sure he carries protection at least?
They all do! Even the confirmed virgin.
As soon as we heard the middle one needed protection... they ALL got condoms from us.

I asked my son if he would let me know if he lost his virginity... he said, "Not immediately... maybe I'd tell you after 6 months...." So, now I ask, "In 6 months, will you tell me you are still a virgin?" LOL

So... anyway, at least I have a 6 month head start in providing him with protection.

Last edited:
My mother asked me the same thing when I was his age. I asked her if she told her parents when she lost hers. She didn't ask me again. :D

lmnop7854 said:
I was pregnant all last year,
Is that normal in the USA?:confused:

In the UK pregnancy is approx 9 months.

MrsGorilla said:
Tell me about it. As they get older their toys get bigger, too. Just ask Rich or Col.
Keeping a motorbike in the lounge does not constitute it being a "toy";)

Col

40 weeks of pregnancy.
It may work out to be about 9 calendar months, but it feels every day of 10 months. :(

TessB said:
40 weeks of pregnancy.
It may work out to be about 9 calendar months, but it feels every day of 10 months. :(

Is it really so terrible! Now you're puting me off the idea :p

Hay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom