XP start screen (1 Viewer)

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 04:06
When I start up my PC with XP, it gives me the (blue) XP theme. However, I made a theme meself and want the PC to start up with that .
I have tried to put mytheme in properties for screen, but it still starts up with that XP ( blue) one. How can I change it to start up with mytheme rather than the blue one.

Appreciate any pointers.

Cheers, Ron

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:06
You can do it manually but if you don't do it right your could stop your PC from booting. The easiest way would be to use either BootSkin or BootXP.

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 04:06
Thanks for that Minkey, but I'm afraid I didn't explain meself in the right way.
What I want to do is to change the desktop screen :
click somewhere on the desktop : properties : themes.
I can change the theme, but want a certain theme as the default, i.e. ron.theme. I can change that when the PC has started up, but I want the PC to start up with the ron.theme rather than the windows XP.theme.

Or do I really need the bootskin or bootxp thing ?

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:06
Ah ok got you now :p - it should stay as the default for whichever user it was changed for :confused: you say it's a .theme file but is the t capitalised ?

I don't see any reason for it not to change but the service itself could be set incorrectly. Can you check under Services Manager (start > run type services.msc) and on Themes > Log On tab is it set as Local System account.

If you like you can PM me a stripped down version (say only the background) and I can try it out on my machine if you like.

Or do I really need the bootskin or bootxp thing ?
nope but if we can fix the issue you could use another theme program - I'll dig out some links when I get home (I'm at work so can't get to most of them :()

zelld

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:06
hmm... are you, by chance, on a company network? that can alter the process a little bit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom