Are you an atheist?

Are you an atheist?

• Total voters
Of course there will be discoveries but I think we have the basic core there.

And again, advances beyond Einstein are really more about how to make it or the facility, political will etc to make it happen.

I am inclined to think a big break through would be to discover what causes gravity. But I guess the the big real crunches are infinity or creating something from nothing.

I often think if we had some extra sense the answer might be obvious. Imagine if the population of the earth died out and aliens arrived and these aliens did not have the sense of sight. What a mystery windows would be. Imagine trying to work out why buildings, cars etc were purposely made with much weaker sections:)

I don't think we do have the basic core - we still don't know the origin of the universe. When or if we figure that out, THEN we will have the basic core. I have often said I don't necessarily think we will be able to figure it out - it may just beyond our tiny perspectives. But I DO think it is objectively possible to figure it out - I don't think the answer is that god or a superbeing did all the parts we can't explain.

Reading through recent posts I get a sense of deja-vu as any one who has the time to read through the entire thread will. Many points now being raised have been raised previously.

Certain posters seem to be confused between gods and what they call superbeings. Their defintion of superbeings seems to include beings who are merely much more technologically more advanced than us. I am sure that these advances will occur here in the long term and may have already occurred on other planets in a very large universe.

The argument has been put forward that the Earth must have been designed because it is so suitable for life as we know it. Of course it is suitable otherwise we wouldn't be here.

Some posters have laid great stress on evolution. Evolution does not disprove the notion of God. Many Christians(including Pope John-Paul) believe in Evolution so it is largely irrelevant to the prime question in this thread.

Assuming that the odds start out at 50-50 is false. There are a lot of other false things he gets into after that, but after starting out with an invalid assumption makes it pretty pointless to go any further.

Before examing the evidence - I would say 50/50 would be exactly the probability. But who knows?

If you have looked at no evidence there is no evidence either way surely.

-----------

Out of interest Alisa - what evidence are you looking for that God exists? Maybe then we could find out why you hadn't seen any of it?

Last edited:
  • God
  • Superbeing
  • Purely natural law of physics
  • Sean the Sheep
Select your preference.:D
I am sure that eventually we will discover the cause of gravity ie the natural laws of Physics etc that explain how/why gravity works. However this does not eliminate the involvement of God/Superbeing who presumably created the natural laws of physics with everything else if you want to go along with that theory.

For the time being I do not think there is credible evidence linking Sean the Sheep/Spaghetti Monster/The Tooth Fairy/Father Christmas with gravity.:D

For the time being I do not think there is credible evidence linking Sean the Sheep/Spaghetti Monster/The Tooth Fairy/Father Christmas with gravity.:D

I guess that just leaves the ants then.:p

I have been using this site for a wile now and find the programming threads good. When I came across this thread I though it was interesting, as a believer in the one true God I don’t ever make judgements on anyone who doesn’t believe in Him and would normally be good with sitting down and telling you the wonders of this world and everything so that you could be saved. Then I come across this abonomation! This woman who not only confesses to witchcraft but seems to have you all wrapped around her little finger! Nobody has challenged her. Wake up guys shes enchanted you into thinking shes innocent. Before you no were you are youll all be in her coven or worse! Don’t ever trust these people, they are devil worshippers, all of them!

I like to think Im out there, Iv even listened to heavy metal! I like to think I have a sense of humour, as you can see from my handle , but to entertain a witch in your midst, you people must be nuts! You just dont get it do you? This is evil!

I like to think Im out there, Iv even listened to heavy metal! I like to think I have a sense of humour, as you can see from my handle , but to entertain a witch in your midst, you people must be nuts! You just dont get it do you? This is evil![/FONT]

:eek:We'll be sure not to walk down any dark alleys. Thanks for the warning. Now it must be time for your medication.:rolleyes:

abonomation?? A new word for our lexicon. Cheers

Last edited:
This woman who not only confesses to witchcraft but seems to have you all wrapped around her little finger! Nobody has challenged her. Wake up guys shes enchanted you into thinking shes innocent. Before you no were you are youll all be in her coven or worse! Don’t ever trust these people, they are devil worshippers, all of them

To whom are you refering?:confused::rolleyes:

To whom are you refering?:confused::rolleyes:

Presumably oumahexi

She's probably busy casting a spell even as we converse. My advice - don't upset her lest she turn you into a haggis or a deep-fried Mars bar.....:D

Presumably oumahexi

She's probably busy casting a spell even as we converse. My advice - don't upset her lest she turn you into a haggis or a deep-fried Mars bar.....:D

Well I spent last night Dancing with Mr D so I'm already immune:cool:

Well I spent last night Dancing with Mr D so I'm already immune:cool:

He has all the best tunes. If only he existed. Oh bugger that'll kick it all off again.:eek: You can't have one without the other can you? :confused::D

Mr. D - ?

Old Nick - the one with the red face and horns

Dancing with the Devil (At least I hope that's what Rich meant. Or maybe he's joined that new gay and lesbian club in Plymouth?)

Old Nick - the one with the red face and horns

Dancing with the Devil (At least I hope that's what Rich meant. Or maybe he's joined that new gay and lesbian club in Plymouth?)

Ah....

And I suppose that meant he got plastered?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom