Are you an atheist?

Are you an atheist?

• Total voters
The odds of getting one or the other of two possible results cannot be compared to the odds of whether something exists or not.

With any particular THING (animal, vegetable, mineral, or god) which we do not know to exist, meaning we have never seen it, we have never found it's footprints or droppings, and we have never observed it's influence on any events, the baseline assumption is that it does NOT exist, period. Otherwise we would go around saying, well, I think there is a 50-50 chance that dragons exist, and I think there is a 50-50 chance that the monster in my closet exists, and I think there is a 50-50 chance that I will fly through the sky tonight, and so on. Are any of the those reasonable statements of the actual odds? No, they are not, and that is why it is also not reasonable to state that the odds of there being a god or an afterlife or a superbeing are 50-50.
My apologies, I'd misunderstood the afterlife as some kind of 'state of being' or different existence. If I'd known it was an animal, I'd have looked at things differently. :rolleyes:

I have been using this site for a wile now and find the programming threads good. When I came across this thread I though it was interesting, as a believer in the one true God I don’t ever make judgements on anyone who doesn’t believe in Him and would normally be good with sitting down and telling you the wonders of this world and everything so that you could be saved. Then I come across this abonomation! This woman who not only confesses to witchcraft but seems to have you all wrapped around her little finger! Nobody has challenged her. Wake up guys shes enchanted you into thinking shes innocent. Before you no were you are youll all be in her coven or worse! Don’t ever trust these people, they are devil worshippers, all of them!

I like to think Im out there, Iv even listened to heavy metal! I like to think I have a sense of humour, as you can see from my handle , but to entertain a witch in your midst, you people must be nuts! You just dont get it do you? This is evil!

Can't be me. Not a chance. I don't worship the devil.

The devil worships me !!!!!! LOL :D;)

I have been using this site for a wile now and find the programming threads good. When I came across this thread I though it was interesting, as a believer in the one true God I don’t ever make judgements on anyone who doesn’t believe in Him and would normally be good with sitting down and telling you the wonders of this world and everything so that you could be saved. Then I come across this abonomation! This woman who not only confesses to witchcraft but seems to have you all wrapped around her little finger! Nobody has challenged her. Wake up guys shes enchanted you into thinking shes innocent. Before you no were you are youll all be in her coven or worse! Don’t ever trust these people, they are devil worshippers, all of them!

I like to think Im out there, Iv even listened to heavy metal! I like to think I have a sense of humour, as you can see from my handle , but to entertain a witch in your midst, you people must be nuts! You just dont get it do you? This is evil!

By the way, if you want to get all happy clappy and holier than thou, you might want to change your handle, people might get the wrong impression. I'd also drop the "what the ???? am I doing" Not very lady like at all...

No I don't! But maybe we could come to an arrangement. Everything nowadays is about partnership working.:D

No I don't! But maybe we could come to an arrangement. Everything nowadays is about partnership working.:D

Sorry, must be YOUR creator then LOL.

My apologies if that remark offended anyone who hasn't blatantly tried to offend me :D

My apologies, I'd misunderstood the afterlife as some kind of 'state of being' or different existence. If I'd known it was an animal, I'd have looked at things differently. :rolleyes:

It's probably an ant.....

By the way, if you want to get all happy clappy and holier than thou, you might want to change your handle, people might get the wrong impression. I'd also drop the "what the ???? am I doing" Not very lady like at all...
Still, this is priceless
"I like to think Im out there, Iv even listened to heavy metal! "

Last edited:
Still, this is priceless

Yeah, well, if the only metal band she's ever listened to is Priest, she could have done worse, but to name yourself after them - THAT is sacrilege!! What's she trying to do, put me off one of my favourite bands??? :eek: It's never going to happen honey ! :D

A little girl was talking to her teacher about whales.
The teacher said it was physically impossible for a whale to swallow a human because even though it was a very large mammal its throat was very small.
The little girl stated that Jonah was swallowed by a whale.
Irritated, the teacher reiterated that a whale could not swallow a human; it was physically impossible.
The little girl said, 'When I get to heaven I will ask Jonah'.
The teacher asked, 'What if Jonah went to hell?'

The little girl replied, 'Then you ask him'. :cool::D

The teacher said it was physically impossible for a whale to swallow a human because even though it was a very large mammal its throat was very small.
Irritated, the teacher reiterated that a whale could not swallow a human; it was physically impossible.

LOL, thanks Rich. I like a good laugh, in between casting spells, because EVERYBODY know that's all I do all day :D

Still, this is priceless
"I like to think Im out there, Iv even listened to heavy metal! "
I like listening to heavy metal. I particularly like the clink of gold coins:D

That was funny - :p :p

I can only imagine you didn't read the subsequent posts from Alisa, cos she does indeed compare the belief in God with whether Sun went round the Earth or vice versa. Quite explicity, alligning beleivers with those who stuck by a belief despite the evidence. And more subtely alligning herself as the person with the evidence.

Which is quite wrong.

Dan has also pointed this out, I guess that knowing what she was on about to start with I got a bit bored with the discussion and missed the change, I apologise.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom