Are you an atheist?

Are you an atheist?

• Total voters
Dan has also pointed this out, I guess that knowing what she was on about to start with I got a bit bored with the discussion and missed the change, I apologise.

Brian

As long as you are were happy in your ignorance of what she really meant thats the main thing.!

My apologies, I'd misunderstood the afterlife as some kind of 'state of being' or different existence. If I'd known it was an animal, I'd have looked at things differently. :rolleyes:

A state of being is a "thing" just as surely as an animal is, and it either exists or it doesn't.

A state of being is a "thing" just as surely as an animal is
So of the evidence you listed as valid on your earlier post, should this state of being leave droppings, footprints, or what?

The point is that if this 'thing' has no physical aspect and is only visible/audible/tangible to someone after they're dead, how can you ask for evidence of it during your lifetime?

The fact that people don't come back from it doesn't mean the place itself doesn't exist.

...and it either exists or it doesn't.
50/50, you might say.

As long as you are were happy in your ignorance of what she really meant thats the main thing.!

You frequently display rudeness in your posts and have again. I know what Alisa was saying originally as anybody who read her post would, not what she was bullied into saying later.

Brian

So of the evidence you listed as valid on your earlier post, should this state of being leave droppings, footprints, or what?

The point is that if this 'thing' has no physical aspect and is only visible/audible/tangible to someone after they're dead, how can you ask for evidence of it during your lifetime?

The fact that people don't come back from it doesn't mean the place itself doesn't exist.

50/50, you might say.

So you are willing to speculate that it is as likely as not that after we die, our "soul" or "spirit" (which we don't even know exists in the first place), somehow leaves the dead body and goes somewhere else to continue living? Where is this place? How does the the "soul" continue "living" when it has no physical substance? What does the "soul" do all day?

As long as you are happy in your ignorance of what I mean, I find it a waste of time to even attempt to clarify my points for you.

Of course - it's the ancestral home of Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich and Reg Presley & the Troggs
Did you know that Dave Dee was a police cadet and was one of the first at the scene when Eddie Cochran was killed in a car crash in 1960. Just another piece of trivia

Last edited:
As long as you are happy in your ignorance of what I mean, I find it a waste of time to even attempt to clarify my points for you.

It wasn't a waste of time, before your clarified you point, I just believed you were an idiot, now I have evidence.

I wonder why you don't feel like clarifying any more?

It wasn't a waste of time, before your clarified you point, I just believed you were an idiot, now I have evidence.

I'm not the one going around calling people idiots - name calling is something that only those with weak debating skills resort to, and this is only one of many times you have resorted to calling me names. That is the main reason I don't feel like clarifying anymore. In addition, my point has been clarified several times over by myself and others, so if you still don't get it, you are just willfully refusing to understand it.

She probably doesn't bang her head against brickwalls either.

Brian

Very useful piece of trivia, and I bet not many know that his surname was Cochrane.
:rolleyes:;)

Brian
I have now corrected the spelling :o and at least I provided a link to the correct spelling. Problem caused by having family who have a trailing e in their version of the name.

so if you still don't get it, you are just willfully refusing to understand it.

Ahh someone else has grasped Mr Dohert's modus operandi after experiencing his usual resort to personal insults when he can't win one of his specious arguments. :cool:

Ahh someone else has grasped Mr Dohert's modus operandi after experiencing his usual resort to personal insults when he can't win one of his specious arguments. :cool:

Yep, and this isn't the first time. He previously diagnosed me with Aspergers as well.

Ahh someone else has grasped Mr Dohert's modus operandi after experiencing his usual resort to personal insults when he can't win one of his specious arguments.

It may not be polite Barry, but you were talking shite, and Alisa has clarified herself to be an idiot? Sorry I should have said nothing and let you both get on with it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom