Are you an atheist?

Are you an atheist?

• Total voters
What does that mean? Is it a cricket term?

Sounds obscene.

A dummy is one of those things you stick in a baby's mouth to keep it quiet and fool it into thinking it's getting fed. (Please, no references to Gary Glitter, this is a family show :D)

Why the hell would it bother you if he did?:confused:

Because he doesn't want anyone else to indulge in what are his own favourite perverted practices........? Talk about a cesspit for a mind. Mind you it's very pleasant to be able to disable his contributions with the ignore list.

Because he doesn't want anyone else to indulge in what are his own favourite perverted practices........? Talk about a cesspit for a mind. Mind you it's very pleasant to be able to disable his contributions with the ignore list.

Rich I am not bothered at all - what Barry does or does not choose to do is up to him - I was just running with his joke!?

As you said Barry its just a joke. - Oh yeh - you can't see this can you and won't respond!? (though you just did somehow).

Your hands are tied!

Last edited:
Oh my Lordy that was funny. :D

You have developed a sense of humour! I like oranges - generally I do put them in my mouth. Though auto arotically dictates not sharing, and I doubt Barry would share with me anyhow.

I sense you have taken Barry side of our disagreement - and I wonder why? If you could tell me where I have it wrong - maybe I can amend my behaviour?

Or maybe Barry is right and I'll just disregard your opinion if it differs form mine.

I'm at least making an attempt to be reasonable - if I fail? YOu can mock in your superiority?!

You have developed a sense of humour! I like oranges - generally I do put them in my mouth. Though auto arotically dictates not sharing, and I doubt Barry would share with me anyhow.

I sense you have taken Barry side of our disagreement - and I wonder why? If you could tell me where I have it wrong - maybe I can amend my behaviour?

Or maybe Barry is right and I'll just disregard your opinion if it differs form mine.

I'm at least making an attempt to be reasonable - if I fail? YOu can mock in your superiority?!

I'm not quite sure what this is all about.
Rich's quip wasn't mocking you at all. :confused:

I just finished reading Dawkins "The God Delusion", in which he talked about the correlation between level of education and atheism. i.e., more scientific/technical/educated populations have more atheists (that explains why there are so few atheists in U.S., just look at the educational system).
So lets have a poll. I know there are lots of educated people on this board. Are you an atheist? I'll start. I have always been an atheist (luckily born to non-religous parents), and have always found it incomprehensible that other people can bring themselves to believe there is some supernatural being in the sky responsible for our existence, despite an overwhelming lack of evidence to support that belief.

Atheism is a belief system - the same as any religion. You cannot prove the non-existence of a god, any more than you can prove the existence of a god. (It is usually harder to prove the non-existence of something.)

The only "educated" answer to the question would therefore be the agnostic one.;) (Unless, of course, someone is sitting on a proof :D)

Atheism is a belief system - the same as any religion. You cannot prove the non-existence of a god, any more than you can prove the existence of a god. (It is usually harder to prove the non-existence of something.)

The only "educated" answer to the question would therefore be the agnostic one.;) (Unless, of course, someone is sitting on a proof :D)

That seemed fairly obviuos to many of us. But 2000 posts later - perhaps not?!

Atheism is not a belief system for me. It is a non belief system:D. I don't have to prove the non-existence of what I regard as imaginary. What would be the point.:confused: I just haven't seen any evidence for the existance of gods. Certainly none has been produced on this thread.

I just haven't seen any evidence for the existance of gods.

And you never will. Any religion is a brainwashing con, and boy oh boy do the suckers fall for it. Without religion there would be hardly any wars - what would the USA do then?

Imagine all the people, living life in peace.

Col

Atheism is not a belief system for me. It is a non belief system:D. I don't have to prove the non-existence of what I regard as imaginary. What would be the point.:confused: I just haven't seen any evidence for the existance of gods. Certainly none has been produced on this thread.

You don't have to prove a god doesn't exist... just as your religious counterpart doesn't have prove the god they believe in does exsist! ;)

I have seen no proof for either side!

And you never will. Any religion is a brainwashing con, and boy oh boy do the suckers fall for it. Without religion there would be hardly any wars - what would the USA do then?

Col
So the bible should carry a disclaimer then..........

Col

I believe religion was a good method of controlling the population once we had moved past the tribal village stage. "If you behave in this life you'll get your reward in the next" kept the worlds population in line for quite a while! Adding a side order of you can been seen (and judged) at all times - even when you think you are alone works to this day... except now the one(s) watching is "The Authorities", and it's not omnipotence now - it's closed circuit TV!:eek:

I also believe that mankind would fight amoungst itself even if there were no religions... but another of our faults is the asignment of blame on a handy scapegoat! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom