Currency re-vamp (1 Viewer)

lmnop7854

Quittin' Time
Local time
Today, 01:10
KenHigg said:
We can't even tangeably prove there is a Rich but we keep responding to his posts... :D :D :D

Good one Ken!! :D :D

KenHigg

Local time
lmnop7854 said:
Good one Ken!! :D :D

Ah... It weren't nutin' :eek:

What Haley's latest cutsie thing she's done of late?

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:10
ColinEssex said:
why would I do that?:confused: I merely stated that in the USA, it seems that guns are a more popular form of religion, instead of the conventional fairy stories called the bible. So the motto should read "in guns we trust" because thats what Yanks do.

If you can tangeably prove there is a god - then feel free, I'm quite happy to listen. Just don't start on this "faith" business.:rolleyes: Come up with some hard facts.

I value not believing in a god person / thing. But I get stepped on by doorstep religion pedlars, I suppose thats different because they are preaching the "good" word, they thoughtlessly step on what I value. . . . .does that make me evil?:rolleyes:

Col

"tangeably prove there is a God" All that would get accomplish is we end up in a debate. I could turn the question the other way and ask you to tangeably prove He doesn't exist. I fail to see the reasoning behind someone knocks on your door, talks to you about God, that steps on your values, so your going to turn around and do the same to other folks who have not done that to you. It would seem to me that the door knockers would be the ones that you would take it out on.

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
ColinEssex said:
...in the USA, it seems that guns are a more popular form of religion
In the plethora of definitions available for "religion", they all have something to do with the "supernatural" or a "deity". I do not find that to be an appropriate use...besides if I found someone praying to their gun I'd have to shoot 'em:eek:
ColinEssex said:
I value not believing in a god person / thing. But I get stepped on by doorstep religion pedlars, I suppose thats different because they are preaching the "good" word, they thoughtlessly step on what I value. . . . .does that make me evil?:rolleyes:
No, it makes you, like myself, one of the minority that sit back and watch the show.;) Those who are religious and not spiritual do not understand the difference and are more bigoted than they realize.
ColinEssex said:
Didn't get out on it Ken, busy doing gardening etc etc
There's the problem. The wife and I took a nice long ride up in the mountains over the weekend...beautiful. Really puts life into perspective.:)

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
KenHigg said:
We can't even tangeably prove there is a Rich but we keep responding to his posts... :D :D :D
That makes your Monday:D :D :D

KenHigg

Local time
ShaneMan said:
"tangeably prove there is a God" All that would get accomplish is we end up in a debate. I could turn the question the other way and ask you to tangeably prove He doesn't exist. I fail to see the reasoning behind someone knocks on your door, talks to you about God, that steps on your values, so your going to turn around and do the same to other folks who have not done that to you. It would seem to me that the door knockers would be the ones that you would take it out on.

But if someone run over you in a car, wouldn't hate everyone that drove a car...:confused: :confused:

lmnop7854

Quittin' Time
Local time
KenHigg said:
Ah... It weren't nutin' :eek:

What Haley's latest cutsie thing she's done of late?

Not too many things - but thanks for asking anyway. She's getting her top 2 teeth in, and now when she smiles, she crinkles her nose so you can see her top teeth. Not sure if that is just coincidence, but it sure is cute. And given the delay on my digital camera, I will NEVER get a picture of it. :)

Lisa

KenHigg

Local time
Bodisathva said:
... The wife and I took a nice long ride up in the mountains over the weekend...beautiful. Really puts life into perspective.:)

What do have up there - The Poconos or something like that?

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
KenHigg said:
But if someone run over you in a car, wouldn't hate everyone that drove a car...:confused: :confused:

Actually, my step son was, a little over four years ago, and passed away a little over 4 months ago and my answer is...no I don't hate all car drivers.

KenHigg

Local time
ShaneMan said:
Actually, my step son was, a little over four years ago, and passed away a little over 4 months ago and my answer is...no I don't hate all car drivers.

I'm so sorry I brought it up...:eek:

And of course I'm sorry for your loss.

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
open minded, not brainwashed, not Republican, how many reasons are you looking for?

the post was aimed at America as a nation, are you saying you're no longer an American?

Sometimes, your statements make so little sense. You have rubbed me the wrong way a number of times but I don't hold all of England responsible for your rude behavior.

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
KenHigg said:
I'm so sorry I brought it up...:eek:

And of course I'm sorry for your loss.

No problems, Ken. No way for you know. and thanks.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 06:10
ShaneMan said:
I thought you'd spring onto that last part of my post, thats why I made it easy for you.:rolleyes: I guessed you'd ignore the first bit. There's little doubt that Yanks worship the gun probobly more so than whatever they feel is a religious god thing.
Its really macho a thing I suppose. . . "look everyone, I have a Magnum gun and can kill someone at 100 yards" as opposed to. . . ."look I carry my little bible and go to church" - who would get beaten up first ???

But I agree with Lisa that maybe the dollar is worshipped more, the way GWB is collecting backhanders, he seems to think so.

Col

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
ColinEssex said:
I thought you'd spring onto that last part of my post, thats why I made it easy for you.:rolleyes: I guessed you'd ignore the first bit. There's little doubt that Yanks worship the gun probobly more so than whatever they feel is a religious god thing.
Its really macho a thing I suppose. . . "look everyone, I have a Magnum gun and can kill someone at 100 yards" as opposed to. . . ."look I carry my little bible and go to church" - who would get beaten up first ???

But I agree with Lisa that maybe the dollar is worshipped more, the way GWB is collecting backhanders, he seems to think so.

Col

Maybe, just maybe, I sprung on the last part because I don't own a gun, so I don't think about it and it would be easy for me to over look. Besides, the original point was asking you why you find it necessary to throw darts at a God that others chose to believe in.

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
KenHigg said:
What do have up there - The Poconos or something like that?
Poconos are further north, but we're in the first valley of the Appalachians as you move West, so we can be in several National Forests 10-30 minutes. As far as the term "Mountains" goes, it's what passes for Mountains in PA...nothing like New England or the Rockies. Only about 2500' but enough to get cooler air, more trees, winding roads, and less people.

Matt Greatorex

Registered User.
Local time
lmnop7854 said:
I think it should burn your fingers when you touch it.

How about tutting and saying 'Do you really need that?', as you hand a bill over to someone? :D

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
ShaneMan said:
Besides, the original point was asking you why you find it necessary to throw darts at a God that others chose to believe in.
I answered that

Col

KenHigg

Local time
Bodisathva said:
Poconos are further north, but we're in the first valley of the Appalachians as you move West, so we can be in several National Forests 10-30 minutes. As far as the term "Mountains" goes, it's what passes for Mountains in PA...nothing like New England or the Rockies. Only about 2500' but enough to get cooler air, more trees, winding roads, and less people.

We're at the southern foothills of the Appalachians here. It is a nice place to get away...:) :) :)

lmnop7854

Quittin' Time
Local time
Matt Greatorex said:
How about tutting and saying 'Do you really need that?', as you hand a bill over to someone? :D

Nah, that isn't strong enough. And I was wrong in the first place. If we go by the dramatization of what happens when you touch a holy object, those people who are basically good would suffer no ill effects. However, if an evil person were to touch it, they would be burned. So that's it - if evil, money-grubbing people touch money, they would get burned. And more serious burns as the denominations of the bills increase. So they have a wallet full of $50's that they can't touch!! **insert evil laugh here**

Lisa

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
ColinEssex said:
If you can tangeably prove there is a god - then feel free, I'm quite happy to listen. Just don't start on this "faith" business.:rolleyes: Come up with some hard facts.

You initially stated that God was 'make-believe' so the burden of proof is upon you.

If you can't back-up your statement with the facts that you insist on then why should others have to? Try saying something of value...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom