Did I make this up?

KenHigg said:
Oh, So you're kind of making fun of her and the whole royal thing... I quess I can see that :p
Yes, its a frequent topic for jokes, especially those loser sons of hers and of course old Phil the Greek.

Every year there is the Royal Variety Show - a charity show that the Queen and Phil go to watch. One of the acts last year was a female comic who does a "stroppy teenager" character, she was really taking the p*ss out of the Queen - the Queen loved it. Most people are always courtious and polite in her presence, this girl was treating HM as if she was her Mum and having a go at her.

Col

ColinEssex said:
Yes, its a frequent topic for jokes, especially those loser sons of hers and of course old Phil the Greek.

Every year there is the Royal Variety Show - a charity show that the Queen and Phil go to watch. One of the acts last year was a female comic who does a "stroppy teenager" character, she was really taking the p*ss out of the Queen - the Queen loved it. Most people are always courtious and polite in her presence, this girl was treating HM as if she was her Mum and having a go at her.

Col

Hum... A sense of humor as well. Just one more reason to admire the old girl. :) :) :) Seems the royal gig would be a treasure if they all had half her character...

KenHigg said:
Hum... A sense of humor as well. Just one more reason to admire the old girl. :) :) :) Seems the royal gig would be a treasure if they all had half her character...
The Queen (god bless her) has loosened up a little over the last few years, not quite so stuffy - does "walkabouts" etc. You'd like her Ken, she has a gun and shoots things.

She still has some way to go to match the Spanish King Carlos - he wanders around Madrid on his own, goes to pubs having a drink and chatting with the people as a matter of course.
He may even have a chinky delivered to the palace:D who knows?

Col

ColinEssex said:
The Queen (god bless her) has loosened up a little over the last few years, not quite so stuffy - does "walkabouts" etc. You'd like her Ken, she has a gun and shoots things.

She still has some way to go to match the Spanish King Carlos - he wanders around Madrid on his own, goes to pubs having a drink and chatting with the people as a matter of course.
He may even have a chinky delivered to the palace:D who knows?

Col

I once did a walkabout here at work... The boss told me to do something productive :mad: (So I logged back in to this forum :D )

KenHigg said:
I once did a walkabout here at work... The boss told me to do something productive :mad: (So I logged back in to this forum :D )
We'll look forward to your productive posting then:D ;) :p

Col

KenHigg said:

Of course she's got a sense of humour, she's British (god bless her)
Have you guys ever thought of getting one, a sense of humour that is ? :eek:

KenHigg said:
Shows how brainwashed one can become...:p
I bow to your superior knowledge on that - we realise its normal in the USA:D

Col

Did I catch you off guard by being nice... :confused: :p

Brianwarnock said:
There was a young man with a gun
Who thought it would be rather fun
To shoot the young fawn that crapped on his lawn
And have a grilled venison bun.

I didn't get to post yesterday, but I thought this was pretty brilliant. :D