Harris/Walz Ticket

Hey, be concerned, and this is the thing too, we are all concerned. Steve R. cares. He loves his country and honestly wants to act in such a manner as to bring benefit to it. I think where he fails is to not attribute that same motivation to those with whom he has ideological disagreement, but this is a product of the outrage engine. Shake the bottle.

People experience a satisfying "us-ness" when they can distinguish an objectionable "them-ness," and it undermines that satisfaction if it turns out that "they" care too. But the fact they also care, and care deeply, and are motivated to act out of their concern, if we can distinguish that, suddenly the outrage looks weak and silly.

That concern is a thing we all share, and a thing, if recognized and acknowledged in each other, that can lead us to a much more satisfying "us-ness."

Thank you for an interesting and nuanced discussion. : )

Yeah that's actually a place where I've identified that I need to soften a lot in the past year or so - is the way I view 'them' - I have to remind myself that the average far left liberal person is probably 9x/10 a very nice guy/gal, wishes the best for people and is going about it the best way they know/believe....etc. I still speak harshly sometimes, but I am trying to do it more in a way that focuses on the stuff, not the people/proponents of it. Failing most of the time, but... lol

Too bad it's only one side that is forced to capitulate.

I'm still outraged at the attempt on Trumps life and the SS utter failure to take responsibility for bringing the guy out on stage knowing full well that that darn roof top 150 yards away has no coverage to protect it from a sniper.

I just heard a cool quote from Joe Rogan. The context doesn't matter. He said something like, "he doesn't attack people, he attacks actions and ideas". I'd like to become more like that. It makes me less liable and probably more accurate.

I'm still outraged at the attempt on Trumps life and the SS utter failure to take responsibility for bringing the guy out on stage knowing full well that that darn roof top 150 yards away has no coverage to protect it from a sniper.
and what apparently was multiple people's (both cops and SS) KNOWLEDGE that the sniper was there, without immediately calling Trump off stage. They're literally chasing the guy up the side of the roof but letting Trump stand there and keep speaking.

There was an attempt on Trump wife? Omg!!!
Yes, by one of her handsome young secret service agents.
The details to be released in her upcoming memoir "What's good for the goose is good for the gander."

1723256655753.jpeg

The reason that so many threads go nowhere is because TDS prevents its sufferers from acknowledging any point made by the other side. For example:

The Democrat PTB decided that Joe couldn't win the primary fair and square so they kept RFK Jr out. Then they canceled the primary in some of the early states and before anyone knew what was going on, Joe was the only candidate so of course he "won" the most votes. The problem of course is that Joe is failing and has been for several years. This has been well hidden from the general public by Jill, Kamala, the media and Joe's staff and cabinet. So the public was absolutely shocked, even horrified by what they saw at the debate and the talking heads pretended to be shocked. So, depending on where you get your news, you either already knew Joe was failing or you didn't. But none of the TDS sufferers here acknowledged that they had been lied to by the media and by the person who is now the Democrat Presidential candidate despite having never received a single vote. The PTB think that you're too stupid to pick your own candidate so they picked one for you. Votes, who needs votes? The candidate is whomever the DNC says the candidate will be. You are not involved.

There is no way to have a productive discussion with the people who double down on Joe's competency and insist that Kamala was not complicit. Even worse, the White House took a few days to get out the talking points and so a lot of pretty bad things were said about Kamala and how she was dragging down the polls. Now, that the talking points have been released, everyone has done a 180 and Kamala is the best thing since sliced bread. She is the second coming of Jesus Christ himself. Of course we can't talk about how those millions of dollars got donated to Kamala in a heartbeat but rest assured the money laundering operation is under investigation. And we can't talk about the crowds that go to Kamala's rallies to see the obscene rapping twerkers and then leave once the twerking finishes. I'm pretty sure your "news" channels don't show the folks walking out once the free concert is over.

You posted about history, and I responded about history, but now history doesn't matter? What are you? 12?
No, I'm bringing up the Biden/Harris current record. You happen to disagree, it's fine.

No, I agree, but I am making the point that the failure you describe is not partisan, and not confined historically to the current administration. To your argument the solution is change of administration. To my argument the solution is that US politicians and electorate put aside their petty internecine squabbles and start to get shit done again. To your argument the problem is partisan. To my argument the problem is systemic. See the difference?

No, I agree, but I am making the point that the failure you describe is not partisan, and not confined historically to the current administration. To your argument the solution is change of administration. To my argument the solution is that US politicians and electorate put aside their petty internecine squabbles and start to get shit done again. To your argument the problem is partisan. To my argument the problem is systemic. See the difference?
You know a meme is over the target by the triggered response. It's just a meme.

While you can make the case that the problem is systemic, you dismiss that the partisan component is actually the operative factor in this election cycle. The Democrats have been using lawfare in an attempt to cripple the Republicans. The Democrats, who falsely claim to be the protector's of democracy, are actually subverting democracy by instituting a "coup" to remove Biden and replace him with Harris because they knew that Biden would loose. So rather than graciously loose, Democrats changed the playing field. Democrats have also been lying to the public about Biden's cognitive abilities. Democrats are running a hyper-partisan election process that would not qualify as a systemic issues.

The Democrats, who falsely claim to be the protector's of democracy, are actually subverting democracy by instituting a "coup" to remove Biden and replace him with Harris because they knew that Biden would loose. So rather than graciously loose, Democrats changed the playing field.
Maybe it was the plan from the beginning. You know, the deep state kind of shit. Maga just fell for it.

step 1: Let trump campaign for three years on how old Biden is and how he's too old to be president. Wait till he picks an equally weird VP and finishes the convention and makes it official.

step 2: let them attack Biden relentlessly, emphasizing all the normal problems that come with age and demonize them.

step 3: Let them think they have a win in the bank and then Catch them with their pants down and pull the old switcheroo on them.
Point out how weird they are and then sit and watch them melt down and not have any plan to counter with except name calling and word salad. Bring it home with he's too old to be president and he's cognitively impaired.

Brilliant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom