Job Titles

Kraj said:
Wow. Just...wow. With comments like that, it's a wonder Ph.D.s in theology and history aren't flung at your doorstep like newpapers. :rolleyes: You want some justified criticism, ok - here's some: there are so many things wrong with the statement above that I don't even know where to begin correcting you.
start at the beginning

ShaneMan said:
No some wars have been fought in the name of Christianity, but just about every war in history has been fought in the name of Religion.

Regardless of what wars have been fought "in the name of", its mostly about resources, namely territory, secondly natural resources.

Spot Quiz: Who in history conquered the most territory? (No prize, just for fun :) )

jsanders said:
Well, Well, Well,

So much for intellectual repartee.

You know what I think; I think you Brits are jealous, I think you haven’t done anything of any value since WWII, except see your empire collapse.

I think your tired of living on a damp island on the edge of the North Atlantic when Americans have 4,000,000 square miles of fresh virgin country side, that you lost by being to damned tyrannical in your dealings.

I think you’re bummed because you lost your tax base in Hong Kong in 99, I think you wonder why Australia, a fricken penal colony for Christ sake, has a better standard of living then you.

I think you’re just pissed off because its cold there and we have Florida.

You haven't answered my question on whether America is a Christian country?

Rich said:
I never said "christians are hateful" that's your interpretation of what I said

You said you were incapable of hate because you're not a Christian, i.e. Christians are the only people in the world that are capable of and full of hate. Am I missing something?

Just in case you missed my edit...

Kraj said:
I friggin' dare you to display graceful acceptance. The gauntlet has been thrown; show me you posses an ounce of maturity by saying, "You know Kraj, I disagree with you but instead of arguing, I'll just let it go. I apologize to anyone I may have upset as it was not my intention" and then say no more about it.

Rich said:
You haven't answered my question on whether America is a Christian country?

My answer would be no. There are a lot of Christians living here but I do not think that makes it a Christian country. It's been over 200 years since our start and now Americans will even argue over whether we started as a country based on Christian values, but as for America today, I'd have to say no.

reclusivemonkey said:
PMSL. Research! You couldn't even spell it. Tell you what Rich, save me some time. You obviously know all about it, like you know all about everything. Why don't you tell me how much money from tourism the inhabitants of resorts get, not bar owners, or tour operators, or hotel chains; tell me the results of your "research". My parents have lived in Benidorm for the last ten years, I know exactly where money from tourism goes. Its certainly not to the everyday inhabitants of the places where loutish British people cause havoc and mayhem. Save yourself the bother; you don't have time to do any research you are too busy contradicting as many people as you possibly can.
Taking the piss over one spelling mistake hardly adds merit to any argument you care to make, any more than having parents in Benidorm makes you an expert in finance.
You're singling out a small number of tourists out of the millions that go to Spain every year.

MrsGorilla said:
i.e. Christians are the only people in the world that are capable of and full of hate.

Those are your words Cindy, not mine

Am I missingsomething
sadly yes you are, what if I'd said I'm not Muslim, would the attack have been so vehement?

ShaneMan said:
My answer would be no. There are a lot of Christians living here but I do not think that makes it a Christian country. It's been over 200 years since our start and now Americans will even argue over whether we started as a country based on Christian values, but as for America today, I'd have to say no.
And I'd say it's even less so under Bush, although he oddly professes to be one himself :confused:

Rich said:
Those are your words Cindy, not mine

No, they are your words. Whether you actually spoke them or just insinuated, the meaning is the same.

Rich said:
sadly yes you are, what if I'd said I'm not Muslim, would the attack have been so vehement?

The statement would have been just as ridiculous if you had said Muslim, Agnostic, Athiest or whatever. The idea that hate is limited to one religious or political group is just acenine, and therefore there was really no point in your making it. It was intended just to be spiteful and mean, yet you are trying to insist that isn't what you meant, but what every other board member (including myself) "read into" it? :rolleyes:

Rich said:
And I'd say it's even less so under Bush, although he oddly professes to be one himself :confused:

Keyword: professes. Anyone can profess to be anything but what holds up is actions. There are plenty of people who claim they are Christians but their actions do not represent what Christianity is.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Congratulations, Rich. You've successfully alienated absolutely everyone on these forums other than Colin with your flippant remarks, arrogant complacency and trite excuses. I look forward to when the 'Cooler residents can resume feigned civility with you and we can all have a nice time again.

Attachments

• tombstone6.jpg
    tombstone6.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 135
Kraj said:
Yeah, that's what I thought.

Congratulations, Rich. You've successfully alienated absolutely everyone on these forums other than Colin with your flippant remarks, arrogant complacency and trite excuses. I look forward to when the 'Cooler residents can resume feigned civility with you and we can all have a nice time again.
No Kraj, not everybody, but then I'm not the one who openly keeps a gun to hand to shoot to kill an intruder:rolleyes:

Rich said:
No Kraj, not everybody
Find me one from the 'Cooler other than Colin and I'll retract my statement.

ShaneMan said:
Keyword: professes. Anyone can profess to be anything but what holds up is actions. There are plenty of people who claim they are Christians but their actions do not represent what Christianity is.
so just how many true Christians are there in America then, after all it continually claims to be a Christian country ?

Kraj said:
Find me one from the 'Cooler other than Colin and I'll retract my statement.
That's cause there are mainly only Americans posting at the minute and oddly enough you didn't answer my question about the gun

ShaneMan said:
Tell me, can you honestly put your hand on your heart and tell me that you don't hate Bin Laden? :confused:

You make what must be the stupidest statement I've read in this place and then you defend it for 6 pages.

Jesus Rich,

It’s not offensive, it’s just down right ignorant. Most of us know you and you’re propensity for the preposterous, but even you should impose some self restraint.

Last edited:
Rich said:
No Kraj, not everybody, but then I'm not the one who openly keeps a gun to hand to shoot to kill an intruder:rolleyes:

Was this aimed at me? (Sorry for my timing, I was on my way home...)

Rich said:
Tell me, can you honestly put your hand on your heart and tell me that you don't hate Bin Laden? :confused:

I can honestly put my hand on my heart or a Bible and tell you that I do not hate Bin Laden. I really don't know for sure why your having me do this. What Bin Laden did was terrible and I think he should face the consequences of his actions but that does not mean I hate him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom