Job Titles

Rich said:
That's cause there are mainly only Americans posting at the minute
That's right, Rich. Keep telling yourself that. Like I said, find me one and I'll retract. Brainwarnock, BarryMK, The Stoat, Lynsey, SJ McAbney; get any one of them or anyone else from the UK to post that they think you've behaived in a reasonable manner. I'll wait.

Rich said:
and oddly enough you didn't answer my question about the gun
First of all, you ignore 95% of the questions and points I pose to you so why should I bother answering any of yours? Secondly, I fail to see a question here:
Rich said:
No Kraj, not everybody, but then I'm not the one who openly keeps a gun to hand to shoot to kill an intruder:rolleyes:
I looked at it, said, "What the hell does that have to do with anything???" and moved on.

ShaneMan said:
I can honestly put my hand on my heart or a Bible and tell you that I do not hate Bin Laden. I really don't know for sure why your having me do this. What Bin Laden did was terrible and I think he should face the consequences of his actions but that does not mean I hate him.
fair point, does the rest of America feel the same way ?:confused:

Rich said:
so just how many true Christians are there in America then, after all it continually claims to be a Christian country ?

This one I don't think I can answer. There are plenty who profess it but out of those there are a number who's walk does not match up to their talk. All I'm saying is there's a structure to Christianity through the Bible. I'm not trying to choke it down anyone's throat I'm just saying that if someone is going to say I'm a Christian then the Bible and it's standards should be what they are trying to live by. Just the same as any other religion. There are folks here who say they are but then their lives don't look like they are.

Kraj said:
I looked at it, said, "What the hell does that have to do with anything???" and moved on.
Ah so good Christians can keep a gun ready to shoot an intruder without thought then can they? :rolleyes:

ShaneMan said:
This one I don't think I can answer. There are plenty who profess it but out of those there are a number who's walk does not match up to their talk. All I'm saying is there's a structure to Christianity through the Bible. I'm not trying to choke it down anyone's throat I'm just saying that if someone is going to say I'm a Christian then the Bible and it's standards should be what they are trying to live by. Just the same as any other religion. There are folks here who say they are but then their lives don't look like they are.
Surely even the Bible is contradictory the Old Testament vs The New

Rich said:
fair point, does the rest of America feel the same way ?:confused:

Don't really know what the fair answer would be. I would say that I think so. We have folks here that we like to call rednecks that probably don't think that way but then again they have pretty extreme thoughts on most things but I would think America as a whole would say some what the same way I did.

Rich said:
Ah so good Christians can keep a gun ready to shoot an intruder without thought then can they? :rolleyes:

What does shooting intruders have to do with anything?

Rich said:
Taking the piss over one spelling mistake hardly adds merit to any argument you care to make, any more than having parents in Benidorm makes you an expert in finance.

Number one, I didn't even notice any spelling mistakes. It was a put down, like in the Italian Job. Having my parents live for ten years in one of Spains oldest and most famous tourist resorts does not give me any expertease in finance (although by trade I am a finance technician), yet it does give me a far greater insight into what people actually think of British tourists, and where the money goes, which you obviously have no clue as you seem to not be able to proffer any further insight into your baseless claims.

Rich said:
You're singling out a small number of tourists out of the millions that go to Spain every year.

Wrong. You are singling out a small number of people whom profit from tourism from the many more who suffer the fallout from them.

KenHigg said:
Was this aimed at me? (Sorry for my timing, I was on my way home...)

No, several years ago in the "Gun Crime" thread I mentioned that my husband and I owned a gun. I also said that if someone broke into the house and was threatening me or my family, that I wouldn't hesitate to use it. This turns all Christians into hateful murdering fools for being willing to defend themselves. You follow the thinking? Their thinking is that being a Christian means you should let people trample all over you. :rolleyes:

Fact of the matter is, we keep the thing unloaded and hidden away, especially now that we have a youngun, so I probably wouldn't have the opportunity to use it in a crisis anyway. However, if I did have the opportunity I would use it if it meant saving the life of my daughter and/or husband. This is something that Rich doesn't understand, or just continues to harp on because he feels like it 3 years later....

Rich said:
Surely even the Bible is contradictory the Old Testament vs The New

I don't think the Old Testament and the The New Testament vs each other. I just think that the Old Testament looked forward to the cross and the New Testament looks back to the cross. For me, when that stays in context, then I don't see them opposed to each other, just a different way of doing things.

reclusivemonkey said:
Number one, I didn't even notice any spelling mistakes. It was a put down, like in the Italian Job. Having my parents live for ten years in one of Spains oldest and most famous tourist resorts does not give me any expertease in finance (although by trade I am a finance technician), yet it does give me a far greater insight into what people actually think of British tourists, and where the money goes, which you obviously have no clue as you seem to not be able to proffer any further insight into your baseless claims.

How long would Benidorm last if British tourists stopped going there, where do you think they'd be employed

Wrong. You are singling out a small number of people whom profit from tourism from the many more who suffer the fallout from them
No, you're singling out a small group at one resort that promoted itself for years at that minority group. Millions of Brits go to Spain every year, the vast majority of them are well behaved.

MrsGorilla said:
No, several years ago in the "Gun Crime" thread I mentioned that my husband and I owned a gun. I also said that if someone broke into the house and was threatening me or my family, that I wouldn't hesitate to use it. This turns all Christians into hateful murdering fools for being willing to defend themselves. You follow the thinking? Their thinking is that being a Christian means you should let people trample all over you. :rolleyes:

Fact of the matter is, we keep the thing unloaded and hidden away, especially now that we have a youngun, so I probably wouldn't have the opportunity to use it in a crisis anyway. However, if I did have the opportunity I would use it if it meant saving the life of my daughter and/or husband. This is something that Rich doesn't understand, or just continues to harp on because he feels like it 3 years later....

I stated once that I have a gun for exactly those same reasons so I thought it was for me...

MrsGorilla said:

It's your own Bible that says turn the other cheek, not me :rolleyes:
can one just pick out the bits that one fancies depending on the mood or situation?

KenHigg said:
I stated once that I have a gun for exactly those same reasons so I thought it was for me...
so good Christians can only defend themselves with a gun? :confused:

Rich said:
I'm so very confused. Is this supposed to apply to me? What does this have to do with anything?

jsanders said:
What does shooting intruders have to do with anything?
If you were a true Christian the thought would not enter your head, doesn't your good book say that God will be the final judge and bring justice to those befitting of justice ?:confused:

Kraj said:
I'm so very confused. Is this supposed to apply to me? What does this have to do with anything?
I never said it had anything to do with you, just asking a question, that's not being answered

Rich said:
It's your own Bible that says turn the other cheek, not me :rolleyes:
can one just pick out the bits that one fancies depending on the mood or situation?

I don't think that Jesus intended for people to stand by while their families are murdered just saying, "Go ahead, I'm a Christian so do what you want and I can't fight back." :rolleyes: Yes, try to find a peaceful solution if at all possible, but don't allow harm to come to your family. What would you do in that situation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom