Navigation Pane Display Problem (1 Viewer)

accvbalearner

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:03
Hello All, Another question for the Access Gurus. This is weird problem that I've never seen before and I can't figure out how to fix it.

My old machine died so I now have a new Windows 10 machine where I am running Access 2016. The problem is that the size of the boxes for each table name, query name, form name, etc. are too big, the text in the box is real small, the box the text is in is huge. What I mean is that the text for the name of the table is Arial 5 or 6 and the box is about 1/2" high so that makes it so that there's about 1/2" of space between each table, query, form, etc. name in the navigation pane list.

This is happening in every Access database on my system, I have a huge scroll list to go through as I try to navigate the database and each time I finish scrolling it jumps back up a couple of rows which is frustrating too.

Additionally when I open the Link Table Manager to update a link, the rows of tables in the list are overlapping each other. The only option I have is to select all because I can't check the box for any item besides the last one in the list, the rest are covered up so my mouse won't click

Is there a way to tell Access what size to make the text and boxes?

Thanks in advance for any help out there.

Attachments

• SampleScreenShot.pdf
    92.5 KB · Views: 298

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 22:03
Try right click on "All Access Object", View By, and try the different options which are Detail, Icon, List.

But I don't really see your problem in the SampleScreenShot.pdf

accvbalearner

Registered User.
Local time
Snueberg,

Thanks for the reply. I should have put in more info in the original post. I have already tried the right click view options and also resetting fonts in control panel and checked the same database on an office 2013 machine, its fine there just not in 2016.

If you look at the navigation pane in the PDF, the highlighted sheet1 is about 1/2" high, so I can only see about 10-12 items on my screen, in office 13 with the same resolution I can 20-25 items in the nav pane. I'm trying to figure out how to resize the box around the table names so I can see more on the screen.

I also notice that the PDF I posted doesn't show the overlap as bad in the link table manager window. On screen sheet1 is unreadable.

Any ideas will be most helpful.

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 22:03
I'm not seeing your problem as they are displayed about the same way on my system (see attached ScreenShot.jpg) but then as I have my screens about three feet from my face I have the magnification set to 150% (see attached ScreenShot2.jpg). Any chance you system is set up that way?

Even if this is the case I don't understand the problem you are getting in the Linked Table Manager.

By the way my system is Access 2013, Windows 7.

Sorry I can't help more.

Attachments

• ScreenShot.jpg
    ScreenShot.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 283
  • ScreenShot2.jpg
    ScreenShot2.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 225

accvbalearner

Registered User.
Local time
[SOLVED]: Re: Navigation Pane Display Problem

Mr. Conrad,

Thanks!

The link you provided: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/o...-5ac099d2ba50/ worked perfectly, it is the exact problem that I was having. I ended up changing my display properties to 1920 x 1080, set the slider in Display Properties at 100% and set the Fonts in Control Panel to 11.

Apparently this new machine I have has a recommended resolution of 3200 x 1800 on a 14" Screen. I'd never noticed it before, but to keep the text on the screen from being microscopic there is a slider in Display Properties to change the size of desktop text, my slider was set to 300%. So it was compensating for the higher resolution by basically zooming in the screen. My problem really only presented itself in Access with the Navigation Pane, I didn't notice a problem in any other program.

Thanks again for your help!

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 07:03
Good you got it solved, and super you wrote back what you changed, perhaps it will help others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom