Oh the Places You'll Go

Rich said:
Did you get to go on the Strip? :confused:

We stayed at the Luxor on the strip, but we didn't get to get out much. Emily and I ventured out on Friday for a little while in search of a Walgreens where I could buy her some cough medicine since she ran out Friday morning (I knew I should have gotten a new bottle before we left :mad: ) and we went over to Mandalay Bay on Sunday, but that was about it. It was very hot, and Emily wasn't feeling well (more so on Friday), so we didn't sightsee much. :(

Last edited:
To top it all off, this happened the morning after we got back. We lost power at about 5:30 A.M. yesterday and still don't have it back yet. :(

MrsGorilla said:
To top it all off, this happened the morning after we got back. We lost power at about 5:30 A.M. yesterday and still don't have it back yet. :(
That is scary, it just goes to show how insignificant we are against mother nature, I hope you're all o.k.

MrsGorilla said:
Emily and I ventured out on Friday for a little while in search of a Walgreens where I could buy her some cough medicine since she ran out Friday morning (I knew I should have gotten a new bottle before we left :mad: ) and we went over to Mandalay Bay on Sunday, but that was about it.

I wonder what the current trend amongst practitioners in the US today is regarding cough medicine , here modern thinking is that they're a waste of time, honey being just as effective :confused:

Rich said:
That is scary, it just goes to show how insignificant we are against mother nature, I hope you're all o.k.

Thanks, Rich. We're all fine and we didn't have any damage to our house. But no power either, and there were several trees down across power lines in our neighborhood so I know they have to re-wire everything and put in a couple of new poles.

Rich said:
I wonder what the current trend amongst practitioners in the US today is regarding cough medicine , here modern thinking is that they're a waste of time, honey being just as effective :confused:

I've wondered about that myself, as sometimes they seem to help and other times they don't seem to do anything at all. :rolleyes:

MrsGorilla said:
I've wondered about that myself, as sometimes they seem to help and other times they don't seem to do anything at all. :rolleyes:

Me thinks that some of the "Old Wives" cures are just as effective ;)

btw, I had so many reservations about going to Vegas.
I lost 20 pounds in anticipation of the trip because I figured I'd be totally humiliated as a woman being compared to the overt displays of sexuality "Sin City" would be offerring. Boy, was I wrong. It may be only because I didn't come face to face with Cindy.... but, as far as I saw, I was the best looking chick in Vegas. And I'm 42!

And now, 20 pounds lighter, I'm even one of the prettier girls in Florida.
(Florida girls FAR surpass ANYTHING I've seen in Vegas.)
:)

Only piece of advice I have for anyone though is, if you're considering a tour of the Grand Canyon... go to the South Rim... not the West Rim. That West Rim is a hole in the ground. The jaw-dropping view, which we did NOT see, is apparently the South Rim. We didn't see it... so now we have to go back!

I wouldn't go back to Vegas on my own dime. I saw everything I wanted to see. The fountains at Bellagio were wonderful.... we sat there for a couple hours listening to music and watching the lights and the display. My friend, Bill, thanked us for the experience. He said that no one else he had ever been to Vegas with would ever want to sit and watch the fountains and soak in the atmosphere of a comfortable evening, surrounded by music and (believe it or not) class. (All you have to do is listen and watch.... the crowds fade away, and it's all about you and the people you are with, completely enraptured in the water dance.)

The Blue Man Group was an experience I'll never forget.... lol... although I'm glad my experiments with hallucinogenics are 25 years in my past as I'm certain I could have experienced a flashback or two if it had been any earlier..... I'd recommend that show to anyone who doesn't have epilepsy! :)
It was charming, delightful, chaotic at times, hilarious at others, completely interactive, and totally a rush.

And the Venetian was gorgeous. I could have stayed there a lot longer. I think Vegas is what you make of it. If you're into "hot babes", lol.... there's plenty of street peddlers with adverts, not to mention the trucks that roll through the streets with the appropriate number to call emblazoned on their sides.

If you want to gamble, hell, that's easy enough. (I only spent $20 the entire time I was there on the slots... and I got 2 drinks out of it and a couple hours of mindless entertainment so I say that was well spent.)

Oh... I'll tell you about Lake Tahoe another post.... so keep watching this space. Oh, do I have a story to tell about that. (We went to Tahoe first for 5 days.) Next week, I'm in training for a new version of our reporting software (Actuate). I'll be in Iselin, New Jersey. (I opted for NJ rather than Chicago for a few reasons, mostly professional reasons, one or two personal reasons... one being that Kraj never said he would be willing to meet me and show me his town..... lol <<sticking out tongue at Kraj>> "maybe I'll give you another chance someday, sweetie! Sure would love to see you.")

Still have to figure out a way to lure Col over here..... Col, sweetie.... you're getting a little long in the tooth.... better get here while you can still give me a proper hug! :)

Until next time,

Tess

sounds like you guys are having a ball! :D

I really meant it when I said you can stay here Tess! Scotland is a fantastic place to visit, the veiws and air and everything is just brilliant!

I'm planning on coming over to the states next year for a couple of months june july time! So this has been a great place to find out where to go and stuff!

I'll start where i can get a really cheap flight to and work from there! Going to try and see as much of the states as I can.

Oh another place I love is MALTA! worth a visit - totally different. I think the whole island is a few miles wide and long!

hope your all doing good! I'm surviving! Going back to Uni to train to be a primary school teacher!

Love lynsey x

oh and here is my other project! :rolleyes: all about that property thing!!!

www.bgapart.com

(still working on the site but its up and running for info)

bought it at the beginning of the year and its looking great! mostly rented it out but still have a few weeks to fill. I'm going there next sunday for a couple of weeks!

Lynsey

TessB said:
I'll be in Iselin, New Jersey. (I opted for NJ rather than Chicago for a few reasons, mostly professional reasons, one or two personal reasons... one being that Kraj never said he would be willing to meet me and show me his town..... lol <<sticking out tongue at Kraj>> "maybe I'll give you another chance someday, sweetie! Sure would love to see you.")
:mad: *Hrmph* Well now I'm not willing!

;) :p :D

What a treat it would be if you came to Chicago! You better let me know if you do.

Enjoy Jersey. I hear it's a great place to visit. :rolleyes: Don't forget to hit Atlantic City; it's even better than Vegas. :p

Well Tess, I'm glad you had fun on your trip! I agree, Las Vegas wasn't as sinful as I was expecting, which was nice. True, it was easy enough to find for those who want that type of thing but it wasn't "in your face". :)

I'm sorry we didn't get to meet, but maybe we can the next time we are down in the Florida area. My husband has an aunt and uncle that live in the Clearwater/Largo area which isn't too far from you, and we are usually down there once every few years for one reason or another. They invited us to come and stay with them if we want to take Emily to Disneyland anytime soon.

It's a shame we didn't get to see more while we were in Vegas, but the whole reason we were there was for Jim's weightlifting so that had to come first. We are already talking about going back strictly for vacation so we can see and do some of the things we missed. How was your stay at the MGM? We enjoyed the Luxor, everything was nice and the service was good and the people were friendly.

lynsey2 said:
Scotland is a fantastic place to visit, the veiws and air and everything is just brilliant!
For sure, one of my fav-o-rite places, but not for the veiws, I love the people (OK pretty dang good beer also). Best thing about the Scotts, they always seemed to just accept me, and have a good time, rather than be like Col and Rich and B***H about the USA all the time. Oh and the views aren't bad.

FoFa said:
Oh and the views aren't bad.
As long as it's not raining:p
in any event you should have visited the WestCountry, the birthplace of the US:cool:
I mean the States were fine untill you let the riff raff in:eek:

Rich said:
I mean the States were fine untill you let the riff raff in:eek:

What are you talking about? You're not here. :cool:

MrsGorilla said:

I'm not of warlike Germanic parentage :p :D
anyway, I'm the perect gentleman when in the company of similar ilk :cool:

MrsGorilla said:

Rich said:

How did you know I have German (and Irish) ancestry? :D

Rich said:

Similar to you? What does that mean exactly, that they hate Bush? :p

MrsGorilla said:
What does that mean exactly, that they hate Bush? :p

Now you know I don't have hatred in my heart for anybody, hell not even for my exe's :p :D

Rich said:
Now you know I don't have hatred in my heart for anybody,

So, how would you describe your feelings for Bush then? :p

Rich said:
hell not even for my exe's :p :D

Numerous though they may be? :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom