On a more positive note...

Rich said:
Well I have to ask, how many fathers actually get to see their daughters in their first bra, sounds highly suspect to me? :eek:

Actually my daddy helped me pick out bra's all the time. He made sure I got the really plain white, over the shoulder bolder holder (as he called it). I never knew there were pretty bra's until I got older. :D

There is a difference in fathers helping their daughters and those who are just plain sick. Don't demean this sweet thread Richy Boy.....That was not the intent I am sure.

selenau837 said:
Actually my daddy helped me pick out bra's all the time. He made sure I got the really plain white, over the shoulder bolder holder (as he called it). I never knew there were pretty bra's until I got older. :D

There is a difference in fathers helping their daughters and those who are just plain sick. Don't demean this sweet thread Richy Boy.....That was not the intent I am sure.
Needless to say that's not how I see it, it's a mothers job to deal with the femininity of her daughters

Rich said:
Needless to say that's not how I see it, it's a mothers job to deal with the femininity of her daughters

Yes, but when the mother can't be around for that, the father should step up and take up the slack in that department.

selenau837 said:
Yes, but when the mother can't be around for that, the father should step up and take up the slack in that department.
Yes when he has too, but for the vast majority he wouldn't;)

Rich said:
Yes when he has too, but for the vast majority he wouldn't;)

True, but then again that kind of stuff was not taboo in my family. My father helped me buy tampons for the first time. He make light of it to get me over the embaressment.

My father was a great man. He could braid my hair, put it in piggy tails, pony tails, help me pick out clothes etc. Of course my mom was there too, but while she was in school and had her bout of breast cancer my dad filled the void. I was never embaressed or uncomfortable with it.

KenHigg said:
* first date,
I'm sure thats the last thing he / she wants, a parent on the first date?

and what is a "lightening bug" and "coaxing a wad of gum out of bangs"

oh, and you forgot -

* bail them out of jail

* frisk them for drugs

* pick them out the gutter when they're drunk out of their minds

* help them decide if an abortion is suitable

* supply them with endless money

* do everything for them and they still hate you

* buy them a car and they smash it up

Col

ColinEssex said:
I'm sure thats the last thing he / she wants, a parent on the first date?

oh, and you forgot -

* bail them out of jail

* frisk them for drugs

* pick them out the gutter when they're drunk out of their minds

* help them decide if an abortion is suitable

* supply them with endless money

* do everything for them and they still hate you

* buy them a car and they smash it up

Col

Tsk..tsk..tskk.. Colin. See the sweetness in the post, not the sadness. ;) Cheer up mate.......*hugs*

ColinEssex said:
Lightning bugs are also known as fireflies. They're the little flying bugs that have lights for asses.

Bangs are (post-1980s at least) the part of a haircut that falls over your forehead, almost always worn by girls.

This was probably the most enjoyable "feel good" post I've read in a long time.

Kraj said:
Lightning bugs are also known as fireflies. They're the little flying bugs that have lights for asses.
Don't think we have flies with lights up their bums here:confused:

Bangs are (post-1980s at least) the part of a haircut that falls over your forehead, almost always worn by girls.
like a fringe

Col

Actually, thinking about it - if a girl has a "bang" in the UK, it means something different.:eek:

Col

Cup of tea anyone?

:D

Hows that for cutness for today?

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 155
selenau837 said:
Cup of tea anyone?

:D

Hows that for cutness for today?

Cute...;)

Here's apicture of a lightning bug (sp?) (Or firefly):

firefly.jpg

KenHigg said:
And, you get to do it all over again with your grandchildren.

Without the sleepless nights and picking up the toybox every hour on the hour :D

Rich said:
Won't they get stuck in the throat though?:confused:

I suppose, but the cutness factor wouldnt' allow anyone to drink them I hope. :D

selenau837 said:
I suppose, but the cutness factor wouldnt' allow anyone to drink them I hope. :D

Cat-n-the-cup? Instead of a nip of tea it would be a cat nip...:D

KenHigg said:
Cat-n-the-cup? Instead of a nip of tea it would be a cat nip...:D

Plumb adorable...Kenny boy:D

Rich, I'm sure he would even succumb to their cuteness. Look at those li'l ears and adorable eyes. Surely even the big bad wolf wouldn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom