On a more positive note...

ColinEssex said:
do we now

Is this the end of a beautiful relationship? :p

Rich said:
boys by definition cannot be old

Is that a quote from the East of Eden dictionairy, issue 1963, version 4 ? :confused:

dan-cat said:
I take it you weren't raised by the UK private education system then? :p
Had you read the link correctly you would have noticed that the term old boy network was being used in a plural context, that Higg fellow was using it in the singular:cool: :p

In any case I didn't mean it to sound derogatory ;) I can be much more efficient if that need arises... :p :p

Rich said:
Had you read the link correctly you would have noticed that the term old boy network was being used in a plural context, that Higg fellow was using it in the singular:cool: :p

So a member of the old boy network is not referred to as an 'old boy' :confused:

KenHigg said:
In any case I didn't mean it to sound derogatory ;) I can be much more efficient if that need arises... :p :p
You mean by invading the country and dropping bombs on the inhabitants whilst trying to be nice? :rolleyes:

Rich said:
Which part of Colin not being part of that network don't you understand?:confused:

Colin has nothing to do with this definition offered by your good self.

Rich said:
boys by definition cannot be old

why do you keep going on about him :confused:

Rich said:
... whilst trying to be nice? :rolleyes:

whilst? Do people people really use that word where you come from or is it just a girlie man kind of thing? :D :D

KenHigg said:
whilst? Do people people really use that word where you come from or is it just a girlie man kind of thing? :D :D
It's just a part of the ENGLISH language that educated people use:rolleyes: :cool:

Rich said:
Because the line was aimed at him, don't you read the posts? :rolleyes:

No it wasn't, it was aimed at boys.

You weren't defining Colin at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom