One Liners; Tidbits; Wise Sayings (2 Viewers)

R

Rich

Bodisathva said:
(Finding it hard to resist...mustn't...oh, well...)

Arguing with Rich and Col is like masturbating with a cheese grater...

...slightly amusing, but mostly...painful

How would you know?:confused:

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:27
Bodisathva said:
(Finding it hard to resist...mustn't...oh, well...)

Arguing with Rich and Col is like masturbating with a cheese grater...

...slightly amusing, but mostly...painful

Ok, stop right there! NO HIJACKING ALLOWED!!!:(

Now both of you guys are really intelligent guys, so I know you've got to have something for me, to add to my collection.;)

Rich, as much history that you have in that knoggin of yours, your bound to be able to give me some good lines from somewhere in history. C'mon, don't be greedy....share.:D

R

Rich

I'm ready to meet God, whether he is ready to meet me is a different matter

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
I'm ready to meet God, whether he is ready to meet me is a different matter

That is excellent. I love it. Do you know who's quote it is?

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 10:27
One i forgot from my list comes from a guy who has been retired longer than I

" Beware the rolling list"

For the younguns this refers to the wife's To Do list and warns you not to rush through the jobs thinking that you will soon be able to idle your days away.

Brian

R

Rich

Don't blame me for this, you did ask!;)
America is the most God fearing nation on earth with the least amount of soul

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:27
Sorry Shane...:eek: (Bodi hides in corner)
that is, by the way, one of my favorite one liners...modified for present company of course.

How's this:

I knew from the moment I met my wife she was "Ms. Right"...it never dawned on me that her first name was "Always":eek:

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
Winston Churchill

That would have been my guess but I had never heard it. Some day I'm going to read something on him cause I have heard quotes and story's of his through the years and my impression is his wit was incredible. One of his story's, that you may be able to help me with how it goes, is something about looking down from a loft in parliment and seeing some guy he didn't get along with and saying something like, "there for the grace of God, goes God" or something like that. Maybe you can fill in the details for me.

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
One i forgot from my list comes from a guy who has been retired longer than I

" Beware the rolling list"

For the younguns this refers to the wife's To Do list and warns you not to rush through the jobs thinking that you will soon be able to idle your days away.

Brian

See, I like this cause it has the UK flavor to it. It's not the way we would hear it here. Of course, my Grandpa, would say the honeydo list is like, "wiping your butt on a bicycle tire, there's no end to it."

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Bodisathva said:
Sorry Shane...:eek: (Bodi hides in corner)
that is, by the way, one of my favorite one liners...modified for present company of course.

How's this:

I knew from the moment I met my wife she was "Ms. Right"...it never dawned on me that her first name was "Always":eek:

Ok, got to have this one. I have already stole one of yours from a few weeks back when we were talking about temps, comparing Arizona to Texas and you said, "it was like baking compared to broiling." I used that one several times now and gotten good laughes from it.

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
Don't blame me for this, you did ask!;)
America is the most God fearing nation on earth with the least amount of soul

No, not blaming you, cause the truth hurts when it hits home. Who said this one?

R

Rich

ShaneMan said:
No, not blaming you, cause the truth hurts when it hits home. Who said this one?
If memory serves me correctly (and it usually does because I remember everything I know and I'm not young enough to know everything)
G.B.S. ;)

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
If memory serves me correctly (and it usually does because I remember everything I know and I'm not young enough to know everything)
G.B.S. ;)

Used a one liner in the middle of answering on a thread about one liners. <thumbs up>

Ok, now I get to steal of Brian's already. "Better to appear a fool for 5 minutes than remain one for the rest of your life."

Who's G.B.S.?

Matt Greatorex

Registered User.
Local time
ShaneMan said:
Who's G.B.S.?

George Bernard Shaw?

Three I liked:

One of they guys here refers to the complexities of trying to organize meetings with various people as 'Like trying to herd cats'.

'I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. What he was doing in my pyjamas I'll never know' - Groucho

'It is the role of a friend to stand by you when you're in the wrong. Most anyone will stand by you when you're in the right.' - Twain(?)

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Matt Greatorex said:
George Bernard Shaw?

Three I liked:

One of they guys here refers to the complexities of trying to organize meetings with various people as 'Like trying to herd cats'.

'I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. What he was doing in my pyjamas I'll never know' - Groucho

'It is the role of a friend to stand by you when you're in the wrong. Most anyone will stand by you when you're in the right.' - Twain(?)

I have heard a little different version of the Twain quote. "A best friend is someone who knows everything about you and likes you anyway."

Matt Greatorex

Registered User.
Local time
ShaneMan said:
I have heard a little different version of the Twain quote. "A best friend is someone who knows everything about you and likes you anyway."

Does make you wonder a bit about how nice a guy he was, since he spent so much time telling friends to like him in spite of all these faults? :D

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
Never be afraid to speak your mind and be who you are. Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter. - Dr. Seuss

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom