Questions from women that put a shudder down mens spines (1 Viewer)

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 04:02
Hayley Baxter said:
I do believe that everything should be split 50,50 in a relationship though.

Including the bill on a date?

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:02
Yes Vassago including the bill on a date. The guy should not be expected to pay for everything and I thnk it's wrong of some women to expect that and to use a guy for their cash. I don't mind paying the full bill to be perfectly honest with you, I've done it on many occasions in the past.

R

Rich

"I don't mind paying the full bill to be perfectly honest with you"
are you free for dinner next Friday?:cool:

Vassago

Local time
You must be the perfect woman! :D I've always thought it funny that SOME women rant about equality between men and women, yet those same women still EXPECT the bill to be paid for them. They get really upset when it isn't.

My girlfriend paid the bill half the time, the other half the time I did. That was before we moved in together, now we share our money together.

Vassago

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
I recently split up with my boyfriend but he's not working just now (training to be a chef) so I paid for our last holiday and I really didn't mind doing that at all.

That's the way it should be vassago - sounds like you've got the balance just right.

Rich I'll be there - but remember that we don't know what you look like yet so I might be difficult to find you - that's unless you've posted a pic in Lynsey's thread since I last checked:D

qwkslvr1999

Registered User.
Local time
This actually happened to me when I was about 13:
On our way to a concert:

Me: Do I look pretty?

Uncle: That's not the right way to ask. You should say, "How do I look?"

Me:Ok...How do I look uncle?

Uncle: Good, let's go!

Witchity

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry to come to this late, but this happened to my English husband when on a visit to the States a couple of years ago.

American Female: "Does my fanny look big in this?"

Just in case you Americans aren't fully conversant with English english 'Fanny' over here means something a little different, and isn't used in polite everyday conversation!!!!

Apparently my other half did a fantastic Hugh Grant impression whilst half of the office fell about laughing whilst he tried to explain to her why he had gone an interesting shade of red!!!:D

Witchity

Registered User.
Local time
Oh and questions that women dread men asking them:

Do you fancy an early night?

Have you seen my glasses?

Have you seen my keys?

Have you seen my wallet?

Where's the cat/butter/marmalade/children?

Can I borrow your car?

Can you navigate for a bit, I'm not sure of the way here.

Which way is North/South/East/West?

It's alright if the boys come round to watch the footie tomorrow isnt it?

And women leave the toilet seat down so that when your're desperate for the loo and sit down quickly and gratefully........you don't disappear down the b****dy thing 'cos some idiot forgot to put it down the last time he used it!

Vassago

Local time
Why should we have to put it down for women? I think women should have to put it up for us! :D

Vassago

Local time
Or we can be more like the Japanese, they go in a fountain.

Idjit

Clamoring Preschooler
Local time
Oh, heck - why not just use the sink?

JUST KIDDING, FELLAS

Is that better, Vassago? ;)

Last edited:
R

Rich

You shouldn't have suggested that, some smartie will post that they already do:eek:

Vassago

Local time
That's DISGUSTING! I brush my teeth there!!!

How about the shower?

RV

Registered User.
Local time
>How about the shower?<

THAT'S disgusting, my cat is already using it (or was that you sneaking away, Vassago????)

How about the rainbarrel?

RV

Friday

Registered User.
Local time
1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. You can handle it. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.

2. Sunday = sports. It's like the full moon. Let it be.

3. Crying is blackmail.

4. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one. Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say it!

5. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.

6. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

7. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.

8. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.

9. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.

10. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us.

11. If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.

12. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.

13. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.

14. Christopher Columbus did not need directions, and neither do we.

15. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.

16. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.

17. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

18. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.

19. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as baseball, the shotgun formation, or monster trucks.

20. You have enough clothes.

21. You have too many shoes.

22. I am in shape. ROUND is a shape.

23. Thank you for reading this; Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight, but did you know men really don't mind that, it's like camping.
:D

Freddy

Abort, Retry or Ignore?
Local time
Wife: Do you like this paint color? drapery? furniture?

Me: Yes, Yes, Yes.

Can we have another baby?

Me: <cringe>

17months later...

Wife: Can we have another baby?

Me: I'll do anything if it cures your headache!

jon98548

Registered User.
Local time
Re: Shivers? Not me

Freddy said:
Reading this thread makes me appreciate my wife that much more. Beauty, intelligence, and none of those hang-ups that I'm reading about. She's a good mom too.

Maybe its because I answered those questions truthfully before we were married. Now I don't have to fib and she never asks again - or maybe she just has the self confidence not to ask vein questions to begin with.

Sorry to interrupt the threat...I get all mushy around Valentine's day.
Since this came up again after I joined, I'm going to make a few observations. Starting with:

Freddy's wife apparently reads this forum. Chicken!:D

jon98548

Registered User.
Local time
Vassago said:
One thing that really makes me angry is how society looks at men and women. ...

... These are the same people that would be throwing rocks at a man who defended himself against his wife ...

Vassago
Have to agree with Vass's points here.

jon98548

Registered User.
Local time
Healey's point system

Hay, you forgot to mention that we start the game with -100.:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom