Shootings in US schools (4 Viewers)

qailoh

not feeling witty atm
Local time
Yesterday, 20:05
In fairness to Rich, he didn't actually say he endorsed/condoned it, just that this was where the problem was.

Also in fairness to Rich, it was ColinEssex whose quote was advocating the carrying of illegal weapons for self defense. I figured as a recognized moral authority on this forum, his views were endorsed by his fellow countryman Rich. For the unpardonable gaffe of assuming that every single person from the same country shares the same views and fits the same demonstrated stereotype, I humbly apologize.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 04:05
For the unpardonable gaffe of assuming that every single person from the same country shares the same views and fits the same demonstrated stereotype, I humbly apologize.

Now whom have I seen doing that before :rolleyes:

Brian

PS not the apologising bit.

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:05
For the unpardonable gaffe of assuming that every single person from the same country shares the same views and fits the same demonstrated stereotype, I humbly apologize.

Quite right, too.
Bloody yanks - you're all the same :D

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
I wonder what happened in the Koreans life before tha age of 5 to make him get a gun in the US and blow peoples heads off in the US.(where he was a permanent resident) - or is this just a xenophobic racists attitude to blame the foreigness of the individual?

Looks like some consider a cause that he was picked on later than age 5 in the US for not being american enough for you -

http://education.guardian.co.uk/higher/worldwide/story/0,,2060762,00.html

Korean or Chink its all the same to the yanks right?;)

Looks like the opinion here that he was an alien, or a Korean and not American had troubled him before in his life!

You're hinging your whole argument on the principle that adult behavioral problems cannot be caused by a child's experiences before the age of nine. This is just nonsense.

Even thereafter he may have been bullied at an American school, which by the way, happens EVERYWHERE. Brits actually use a colloquialism derived from the racist term mentioned in your link and think nothing of it because it's so deeply embedded in your culture.

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
Brits actually use a colloquialism derived from the racist term mentioned in your link and think nothing of it because it's so deeply embedded in your culture.

That point's not strictly true. There are plenty of people who don't think anything of it, but, browing up, I was always taught it was virtually on par with using 'the N word'. Certainly my Chinese friends found it quite offensive.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
That point's not strictly true. There are plenty of people who don't think anything of it, but, browing up, I was always taught it was virtually on par with using 'the N word'. Certainly my Chinese friends found it quite offensive.

Whoops sorry, I meant some Brits, my bad. :eek:

R

Rich

Whoops sorry, I meant some Brits, my bad. :eek:

No you see you're doing the American usual thing, totally twisting the facts and reality to fit a narrow American viewpoint whilst clutching at straws. The term Chinky as used in the UK refers to a meal or establishment, it's not used by the vast majority here to refer to a race. I'm sure we've explained all this to you before, I know you're American but please try and pay attention:p

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
You're hinging your whole argument on the principle that adult behavioral problems cannot be caused by a child's experiences before the age of nine. This is just nonsense.

Even thereafter he may have been bullied at an American school, which by the way, happens EVERYWHERE. Brits actually use a colloquialism derived from the racist term mentioned in your link and think nothing of it because it's so deeply embedded in your culture.

I fully understand the problems could have been caused before the age of 9 or that they could have occured after the age of 9. I took exception to the fact that it seems the blame has been shifted to a Korean with Korean upbringing.

As for the second part, again I think your trying to shift the attention somewhere else. Sure there is problems everywhere but its off the topic of what caused the Korean fella to do what he did.

If the US is going to continue with allowing guns it may be useful to have some insight into why certain individuals use them so tragically.

Its easier to think of him as a f88vking Korean nut I guess.

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
I fully understand the problems could have been caused before the age of 9 or that they could have occured after the age of 9. I took exception to the fact that it seems the blame has been shifted to a Korean with Korean upbringing.
I believe it was the British contingent that began pointing fingers at nationality, there, Paul. Besides the background information of "resident alien" that happened to originate in Korea, I haven't heard anything accusatory with regard to race or nationality here. I have, however, responded to the tired old "American, blah, American, blah, blah" simply to prove a point, but I don't know that anyone really cares where he came from.
Sure there is problems everywhere but its off the topic of what caused the Korean fella to do what he did.
I don't think there is any question that the guy was mentally disturbed. What causes some people to break under certain circumstances and others to exit seemingly unfazed? In my completly unprofessional (and not so humble :D )opinion, he simply was not of strong enough character to cope with his environment. I don't understand why you continue to try and turn a personal shortcoming into a nation-bashing session. There are 301,814,381 people here, as of this morning...we're bound to have some nuts in the woodpile from time to time. Gimme a break already.
If the US is going to continue with allowing guns it may be useful to have some insight into why certain individuals use them so tragically..
He couldn't find a toothbrush
Its easier to think of him as a f88vking Korean nut I guess.
Excellent clinical diagnosis, Dr. Paul... works for me:D

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
I believe it was the British contingent that began pointing fingers at nationality, there, Paul.QUOTE]

The first post I responded to was from Canada and it referred to the Korean. So I don't know where you get the above from.

Besides the background information of "resident alien" that happened to originate in Korea, I haven't heard anything accusatory with regard to race or nationality here. I have, however, responded to the tired old "American, blah, American, blah, blah" simply to prove a point, but I don't know that anyone really cares where he came from.

It was you that posted that he certainly was not american, and insinuated the cause of his problems happened before the age of 8 - and therefore the problems are Korean, isn't that what the quarterly journal was supposed to tell me?

I don't understand why you continue to try and turn a personal shortcoming into a nation-bashing session. There are 301,814,381 people here, as of this morning...we're bound to have some nuts in the woodpile from time to time. Gimme a break already.

There really is no nation bashing here - that I may be critical of gun laws, or can see maybe something in the US or Korea caused the fellas troubles doesn't equal nation bashing.

Try reading up in the journal for paranoia! ;)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
um...that would be, to protect Americans from South Koreans, pay attention:rolleyes:

This should add some fuel to the illegal/legal immigrant fire. Can't wait for that to start. :eek:

Post 1372 was the first time his nationality was mentioned.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom