The Future of Code Writing. Is there one? (1 Viewer)

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Today, 11:29
Did any of you watch this?
It's a little bit of review, but it also had some tips on using the AIs of the World to be one of the people last standing when the rest of them are gone.

Mike Krailo

Local time
1701959943127.png

Guess we're all in trouble.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
1200/day, wow
That is obviously wacka doodoo. It was for some super specialized data engineers, plus support. We won't need those ratios to eliminate jobs.
I'm starting an engineering company and the entire business modal is based on using AIs for everything possible. I don't even know what that means.
But, I am determined to find out.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:29
If by business model you mean to draw up a business plan - i.e. market analysis, source and use of capital, projections for growth etc, make sure you ask the right questions in the right way.

Edgar_

Local time
Today, 10:29
The video rises some interesting points, one of which is "no one understands AI", I can think of a probable outcome for that:
> writing software becomes crazy cheap
> legal problems arise
> creator blames AI
> creator is forgiven
> more legal problems arise, now more serious
> creator tries to blame AI
> doesn't work, is punished
> crazy cheap software becomes crazy dangerous to use
> human developers start solving the issues
> AI-written software supervised by human developers becomes the new
> developers are back

But I think it's safer to assume someone will create tools to understand it better.

Another issue is cybersecurity or security in general. If software is written without people understanding how it works because it's been written by a machine, someone with enough dedication will try to reverse engineer ;) that and compromise stuff without people even knowing because, well, no one understands it.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
But I think it's safer to assume someone will create tools to understand it better.

Maybe that should read:-

But I think it's safer to assume AI will create tools to understand it better.

Edgar_

Local time
Today, 10:29
But I think it's safer to assume AI will create tools to understand it better.
How can the machine possibly know what we can understand and what we can not? It needs feedback. Now, if you replace your last "it" with "itself", that's nightmare fuel, and I know quite a few people who would give the AI the tools it needs for something like that.

We can only wait.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
If by business model you mean to draw up a business plan - i.e. market analysis, source and use of capital, projections for growth etc, make sure you ask the right questions in the right way.
I've been trying to learn the best ways to do that. I read something interesting today. 59% of some kind of marketing folks would give up 10% of their paychecks before they would get rid of the AIs that can create images, content, and videos.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 08:29
If AI could replace humans making judgment calls then all people trading stocks would be rich by now given the software they have used that it has incorporated AI for many years

Cotswold

Local time
One thing that I wonder about with AI generated programming is changes.
We all know that the final analysis that is agreed is often flawed, with adjustments being made during development. Then after installing, the client will often request additions and changes.

Will any manual changes to an AI generated program made later by a developer cause issues? Bearing in mind the code being changed will not be at all familiar. And certainly more verbose than they may have created. Alternatively, will you be able to respecify the application for it to be rewritten by the AI program writer to include required changes, with the existing application remaining unchanged?

If the changes by the AI program generator are made a couple of years later. Will it then be a totally different version of the AI generator software and therefore create a mainly different program that incorporate its own updates as well as the ones requested?

In general I find program writers to be a real time saver, even the ones that I have created for myself. But I just wonder about using AI and will the results be to everyone’s liking. A bit like the car makers who all appear to use the same software to design their SUVs and as a result they all have the same boring and near identical appearance. With only the badges being different.

I always had a resistance to buying software from some engineering companies. They had some manager or director who thought they could do an equally good DIY solution. Often mentioning spreadsheets as their solution. I told them that wasn’t going to happen. (a) Because a spreadsheet wasn’t the solution and (b) they didn’t have the time. I’d go back two years later and nothing had changed, except the intention.

So will the effect of AI simply cause companies to defer buying an application for years because they imagine they can do it themselves?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
59% of some kind of marketing folks would give up 10% of their paychecks before they would get rid of the AIs that can create images, content, and videos.
that is because it does 90% of their work;)

Cotswold

Local time
If AI could replace humans making judgment calls then all people trading stocks would be rich by now given the software they have used that it has incorporated AI for many years
That being the case, can AI pick the all the winners on a racecard?
If so then the next Cheltenham Gold week should be a good few days.

p.s.Has anyone tested it?

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
I think the trading computers that are really good at it are being used by people that can afford to keep it from the rest of us, and secret.

Price fixing is automated in main stream markets for all sorts of goods. I think it has been a large contributor to the recent round of inflation.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 08:29
And not only that, but stop and think for a moment about trading data. It's the most empirical, black-and-white, clear, solid data you can get. Every day, every price, every stock, every event.

And still, only a few people get rich.

The incorporation of AI people are trying now is much less well armed. It has googly information including opinion, conjecture, speculation, and a few facts along the way. People need to be careful, as the news stories coming out about embarassing stupid things people have tried to use AI for are growing exponentially

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
And not only that, but stop and think for a moment about trading data. It's the most empirical, black-and-white, clear, solid data you can get. Every day, every price, every stock, every event.

And still, only a few people get rich.

The incorporation of AI people are trying now is much less well armed. It has googly information including opinion, conjecture, speculation, and a few facts along the way. People need to be careful, as the news stories coming out about embarassing stupid things people have tried to use AI for are growing exponentially
Maybe we should stop calling it getting rich. Maybe we should call it what it really is, becoming King.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I know quite a few people who would give the AI the tools it needs for something like that.
Therein lies the problem. The genie is out of the bottle and reading everything available on the internet. Learning everything we know and understanding it well enough to write summaries.

It's come a long way from Eliza which was written in the 80' I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom