The Qur'an

Joh 14:1 “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me.
Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?
Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.
Joh 14:4 And you know the way to where I am going.”
Joh 14:5 Thomas said to him, “Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?”
Joh 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Joh 14:7 If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.”
Joh 14:8 Philip said to him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.”
Joh 14:9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
Joh 14:10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works.
Joh 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves.
Joh 14:12 “Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father.
Joh 14:13 Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
Joh 14:14 If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.

Religion is is a form of mass hysteria based on holding beliefs without question. It is indistinguishable from mental illness.

Lenin said religion is the opium of the people.

Everyone knows that you can live very well without opium or other intoxicants, but that means you have to take complete responsibility for your own actions.

On the social role of a religion: I don't need a priest, no commandments and no temple to know
- not to kill other people,
- that you don't steal,
- that you shouldn't lie,
- honoring your parents, etc.

Religion is is a form of mass hysteria based on holding beliefs without question. It is indistinguishable from mental illness.

Not true. Statistically, you can determine the cause of the illness when it was caused by religion. You look for holy symbols, listen for prayers to a known deity, and watch for frequent kneeling, bowing, or gestures of supplication. For Christianity, occasionally making the sign of the cross, though for Jews... they don't have time for the sign of the Star of David. For Muslims, prayer rugs are solid giveaway.

On the social role of a religion: I don't need a priest, no commandments and no temple to know
- that you don't steal,

I hope you realize that the "I don't need a priest" statement marks you as one of the near-heretics. Only a joint ruling from the Roman Catholic Church and the Greek Orthodox Church prevents that from being a full-blown heresy. (It IS counted, however, as a schism.)

Lenin said religion is the opium of the people.

- that you don't steal,
And your quoting Lenin😉

Leninism is a political ideology developed by Russian Marxist revolutionary Vladimir Lenin that proposes the establishment of the dictatorship of the proletariat led by a revolutionary vanguard party as the political prelude to the establishment of communism.

All Prophets, in their time, were the way and the truth and the life here and in the Hereafter. This is not unique to Jesus. All the Prophets were the emissaries of God and thus were the way to God.

It is true thou (Muhammad) wilt not be able to guide every one, whom thou lovest; but Allaah guides those whom He will and He knows best those who receive guidance.
Qur’an - Surah al-Qasas (The Story) 28:56 See also 6:125.

ebs17, of course we are aware of what is naturally right or wrong as this is instilled in us by God irrespective whether we believe in the external entity (God) or not. The point is to believe in God and do good deeds. Both are required if we want to be successful.

11. For those who believe and do righteous deeds, will be Gardens; beneath which rivers flow: That is the great Salvation, (the fulfilment of all desires),
12. Truly strong is the Grip (and Power) of thy Lord.
13. It is He Who creates from the very beginning, and He can restore (life).
14. And He is the Oft-Forgiving, Full of Loving-Kindness,
Qur’an - Surah al-Burooj (The Constellations) 85:11-14

So direct your face toward the religion (deen), inclining to truth. [Adhere to] the nature (fitrah) of Allaah upon which He has created mankind (naas). No change should there be in the creation of Allaah. That is the correct religion, but most of the mankind do not know.
Qur’an - Surah ar-Rum (The Romans) 30:30

Last edited:
I see it more as highly organised and controlled superstitian. With praying basically as wishing with hope.

All Prophets, in their time, were the way and the truth and the life here and in the Hereafter.
They we all seriously delusional, mentally ill people who presumed their prejudices were given to them by a supernatural being.

The real fools are those who believe in them,

For those who believe and do righteous deeds, will be Gardens; beneath which rivers flow: That is the great Salvation
The postponement of happiness and salvation until a later life, rather a vague promise of such, is a typical method of a religion. This distracts you from making your current life more bearable and better. "Slave, endure. If you are good and obedient, you will live like a king later."

And your quoting Lenin
Why not? A description of the situation cannot be equated with a political program.

Goebbels, Hitler's propaganda minister, said something like this: "You just have to repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth."

What significantly shapes our faith and our “knowledge”: What we constantly hear. The human subconscious and thus one's own primal feeling is shaped by a mass of information; it cannot distinguish between true and false.

Lennon asked us to imagine a world with no religion.
And....

Imagine there's no countries
Imagine no possessions

You would need to give up Australia and your unicycle, but that's a small price to pay for the greater good, right? :D

Found out yesterday if you want to visit Karl Marx's grave it will cost you 6 dollars. Oh, the irony!

Last edited:
Here are some 'vague' Qur'anic verses.

SALVATION
Allah accepts the repentance of those who do evil in ignorance and repent soon afterwards; to them will Allah turn in mercy: For Allaah is full of knowledge and wisdom. Of no effect is the repentance of those who continue to do evil, until death faces one of them, and he says, "Now have I repented indeed;" nor of those who die rejecting Faith: for them have We prepared a punishment most grievous.
Qur'an 4:17

Allaah forgiveth not that partners should be set up with Him; but He forgiveth anything else, to whom He pleaseth; to set up partners with Allah is to devise a sin Most heinous indeed.
Qur'an 4:48

If ye reject (Allaah), truly Allaah hath no need of you; but He liketh not ingratitude from His servants: if ye are grateful, He is pleased with you. No bearer of burdens can bear the burden of another. In the end, to your Lord is your Return, when He will tell you the truth of all that ye did (in this life). For He knoweth well all that is in (men's) hearts.
Qur'an 39:7

“Indeed, those who recite the Book of Allaah and establish prayer and spend out of what We have provided them, secretly and publicly, (can) expect a profit that will never perish. That He may give them in full their rewards and increase for them of His bounty. Indeed, He is Forgiving and Appreciative.”
Qur'an 35:29.

HELLFIRE
They desire to extinguish Allaah’s Light with their mouths but Allaah will perfect His Light, though the disbelievers hate it.
Surah Saff Verse 8

But if you do not - and you will never be able to - then fear the FIRE, whose fuel is MEN and stones, prepared for the DISBELIEVERS.
Qur'an 2:24

Those are the ones who have bought the life of this world [in exchange] for the Hereafter, so the PUNISHMENT will NOT be lightened for them, nor will they be aided.
Qur'an 2:86

The name of Jesus is scattered throughout the Qur'an. He is mentioned by name 25 times. Therefore all Muslims believe he existed as do Christians. Oh and Mary is the only woman's name mentioned in the Qur'an and the 19th Qur'anic chapter is called Mary.

The message of Islam was given and followed by ALL the PROPHETS.

And We sent not before you any messenger except that We revealed to him (MUHAMMAD) that, "There is no deity except Me, so worship Me."
Qur’an 21:25 See also Qur’an 21:107, Exodus 20:3, Deuteronomy 5:7

84. We gave him (ABRAHAM) ISAAC and JACOB: all (three) guided: and before him, We guided NOAH, and among his progeny, DAVID, SOLOMON, JOB, JOSEPH, MOSES, and AARON: thus do We reward those who do good:
85. And ZAKARIYA and JOHN, and JESUS and ELIAS: all in the ranks of the righteous:
86. And ISMA'IL and ELISHA, and JONAS, and LOT: and to all We gave favour above the nations:
87. (To them) and to their fathers, and progeny and brethren: We chose them, and we guided them to a straight way.
88. This is the guidance of Allaah: He giveth that guidance to whom He pleaseth, of His worshippers. If they were to join other gods with Him, all that they did would be vain for them.
Qur’an 6:84-88

And those who disbelieved say, "Why has a sign not been sent down to him from his Lord?" Say, [O Muhammad], "Indeed, Allaah leaves astray whom He wills and guides to Himself whoever turns back [to Him] -
Qur’an 13:27

Last edited:
this whole discussion is making me dizzy richard! ha.
It can only make you dizzy if you ride the merry-go-round, Adam. Since quoting the Bible OR the Quran or the Torah makes no difference to me, I don't get dizzy over it.

And for what it is worth, that part of ALL of those holy books that describe creation are ALL going to be upset pretty soon. The James Webb Space Telescope is giving us evidence that the Big Bang was NOT the origin of the universe, and that in fact the universe may well be eternal. Of course, that would be incompatible with Genesis and with other holy books regarding creation. But of course the real adherents to the creation myth will merely jump ship to say that the eternal universe is where God has been all along, outside the area seemingly governed by the Big Bang.

Ho, hum... the more things change, the more they are the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom