This site is getting dog slow... (2 Viewers)

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 07:21
Is it just me or is this site slowing down again?

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
Bodisathva said:
it's not your imagination...

Yes, it is VERY slow. That is why sometimes I have 'hiccups' when posting to a thread. I often time have to go in and delete the double post.

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
This site is painfully slow. Not able to post when it acts up like this. This has be happening off and on for a few weeks. Is anything being done to fix the problem that is causing this forum site to be so darn slow?!?

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 12:21
selenau837 said:
Yes, it is VERY slow. That is why sometimes I have 'hiccups' when posting to a thread. I often time have to go in and delete the double post.
Not everybody is as concientious as your goodself and there are many double and triple posts. When it is slow I give up, but then I'm only here for the fun, those requiring/giving advice must get really pi***d off.

Brian

rhett7660

Still Learning....
Local time
Today, 04:21
those requiring/giving advice must get really pi***d off.

You have no idea...lol....

Is anything being done?? or better yet, CAN anything be done??

R~

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 06:21
It's infuriating. :mad:

Unfortunately, for anything to be done about it, the site would have to have an owner that visits/knows/cares what is happening. And it doesn't... :(

KenHigg

Local time
In light of the fact that I am getting technical errors, I'd say either someone is cleaning stuff up as we speak of else the site is a 'fixin to blow up again...:eek: :cool:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
This site runs ok in the morning (UK time) but slows up in the afternoon (UK time);)

Col

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Is the problem with the server that the forum is on or the database that holds all of the forum data? Either way, this site is unacceptably slow since posting responses in nearly impossible no matter what time of day [US time].

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
What the heck is wrong with this site?!?! It keeps getting slower and slower. Posting is almost impossible!

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 13:21
One hour ago I couldn't even log in. Got a message that the dbase was down.
Let's see if this one get's thru.

Note ;
Appearantly it does, Assume that Jon was updating the site/dbase/server ?

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 06:21
I just got a database error a few minutes ago. I wonder what the deal is? :(

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Anybody else finding this site slow? Anybody finding it normal speed?

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I've only been on 20 minutes at first it was so slow I nearly logged off, then it suddenly flew, now its variable.

Brian

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Yep - Slow

is there too much junk on it ???

G

doco

Power User
Local time
I hang out occasionally at another site like this http://www.javaranch.com that has problems like this occasionally; which are directly related to activity and the size/number of server. The solution was always to buy more or bigger servers. Oftentimes a collection was taken from the membership (donation) to keep going. It is a great site like this one, but like any good thing, not without its occasional problems. Paul [the owner operator] does a great job and has a fantastic site.:cool:

manix

Registered User.
Local time
I find searching the site VERY VERY slow. Posting is not too much of a problem (finger crossed) and once the thread has loaded it isn't too bad to navigate multiple pages.

Homepage loads fairly quickly but it really is searching that I find a real chore and loading threads takes ages too.:( Actually posting is very slow too, I am writing this after I press submit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom