This site is getting dog slow... (1 Viewer)

M

Mike375

Ron

My limited understanding gained from the guns and shooting forums is that the problem is usually caused by not having a dedicated server or sometime problems at the server end.

But usually the administrators make some sort of announcement as to what is happening:)

They might be using macros:D

Local time
Today, 04:40
I must say, there was no 7am crawl today. Maybe this has to do with the daylight savings shift, but this site has been very prompt for me today. So i guess what I have to say is, the only problem I ever had was either solved or solved itself...for now...

goldstar19821982

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:40
Too darn slow .... I cant complain though, lots have been learnt from this site.. Thanks to everyone involved...

KenHigg

Local time
What happened to the NewPosts link??

KenHigg

Local time
That's real odd for just a small pc like that to zonk -

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
I seem to be getting bumped off often and have to sign in lots recently. Maybe it is changed on our end though because we have new security and a rearrangement of the server structure underway.
Just a bit of a pain in the butt when you have dial connection and are language challenged because I often have to edit my english.
Read - Sign in - Reply - Post - Sign in - Edit spelling - Read - Sign in - Reply - Post - Sign in - Edit spelling - Read - Sign in - Reply - Post - Sign in - Edit spelling...

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Gee now I am trying the search and it keeps returning an error :mad:

I hope I didnt finally break the forum :eek:

Last edited:

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
What is up with this forum? It has been beyond slow just trying to open any thread for the past few days!

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 09:40
I've lost it 3 times since 13.30 uk time today, its impossible to use.

Brian

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Must be a high speed thing - the speed is constant 24/7 on dialup at 32.2k

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 03:40
one of the reasons I am not comming to this site anymore very much is because it is very very slow. something needs to be done about it by Jon, or if he can't, then he should just purchase another and start over from scratch.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
one of the reasons I am not comming to this site anymore very much is because it is very very slow.

You've not been missed.

You need a capital "O" at the beginning of your statement, and "comming" is incorrect. Please be more careful, these basic errors make you look illiterate and under educated.

Col

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
You've not been missed.

You need a capital "O" at the beginning of your statement, and "comming" is incorrect. Please be more careful, these basic errors make you look illiterate and under educated.

Col

Under educated? I'll choose to be ANYTHING as long as I'm not a condescending jackass. I'd have to kill myself if I fell into that category.

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
I have seen a few flags left on this forum like so many others. Moving servers probably will not change the speeds as any host to forums is having similar speed issues because they are open to this sort of attack. It is an ongoing fight for forums to shield themselves from spam, either bot or human generated.

one of the reasons I am not comming to this site anymore very much is because it is very very slow. something needs to be done about it by Jon, or if he can't, then he should just purchase another and start over from scratch.

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
I think that's really Jon's decision don't you. I don't think it is our place to tell him what he should purchase

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
It is an ongoing fight for forums to shield themselves from spam, either bot or human generated.
maybe we should just go back to the good 'ol days when we actually SPOKE to one another, instead of communicating through machines?

Oh wait, that's impossible since we aren't allowed to cut down trees anymore for paper purposes. I forgot about that! Does anyone know the date where we won't be allowed out of our homes anymore because we pollute the earth by walking? I'm curious how long that will take. Anyone?

I think that's really Jon's decision don't you. I don't think it is our place to tell him what he should purchase
I'm not telling him anything. He can do what he wants. How many forums can I browse if I want? A couple million? After all, let's face the facts. Jon's priorities are not really on the forum. How much money does he make by operating this? Not very much I would guess. I'm sure his focus is elsewhere. If I had a site like this, mine would be. Whatever brings in the money, right JON?

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:40
The site is slow for me at only odd times and usually not for very long.

However, www.dbforums.com is always slow for me, as if I am on dial up and opening a big picture.

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
it's been a long time Mike. How the heck are you anyway!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom