Windows 10 (1 Viewer)

Acme

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:07
Forgive me if this has already been asked, but wondering if anyone has heard wind of access runtime in Windows 10?

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 08:07
Forgive me if this has already been asked, but wondering if anyone has heard wind of access runtime in Windows 10?

Not sure what you mean " in Windows 10". Are you referring to something different hat the already available Access runtimes?

I have installed the Access 2007, 2010, and 2013 runtime in Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.

WillemdeNie

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:07
I'm trying to use Access Runtime 2007 on my new PC with Windows 10 on it.
When I try to use it it starts to configure and pops up with a message whether I want to use this application or I want to use an APP from the store. If I click on use this application the system starts configuring again and pops up again with the same message.

How did you install AccessRuntime 2007 ounder Windows 10, or do you have any suggestion?

Last edited:

HiTechCoach

Local time
I would try this first:

1) create a system restore point (I always do this before installing software oir making changes)

2) open a CMD windows with elevated permissions (Click 'Run as Administrator')

3) At the Command Prompt, type: sfc/scannow

This will check for any integrity violations

If that does not fix the issue:

Do you have any other Office Apps installed? If yes, and they are later than 2007 then I would recommend using the Access runtime that is the same version as the other office apps.

This issue you have having is probably a permissions issue when Access is trying to update the user profile in the system registry.

When installing the Access runtime you need to be sure the install is "ran as administrator"?. Did you do that?

Last edited:

WillemdeNie

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:07
Thanks for helping me. Could not run de scan, program not found.
But I downloaded access runtime 2010 and although my application is ACCESS 2007 it started up.
I have to test the application now/
Can you explain that a 2007 application (accdr) works onder ACCESS Runtime 2010???

HiTechCoach

Local time
Thanks for helping me. Could not run de scan, program not found.
But I downloaded access runtime 2010 and although my application is ACCESS 2007 it started up.
I have to test the application now/
Can you explain that a 2007 application (accdr) works onder ACCESS Runtime 2010???

I have several commercial applications that are compiled (.accde) with Access 2007. The same accde is used with Access 2007, 2010, and 2013. This allows me to have a single application that will run in all versions.

It is always good to test with all the version you will support.

I prefer to run all my 2007 accde front ends with 2010 if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom