Gun violence

I try to attack the problem from all angles. They all could matter depending on what happens. Again, one in five homes will experience a break in, and about 50% of all home invasions involved violence to the homeowner. You'd have to be foolish not to take precautions.

So, if you drop a knife and it bounces and kills someone, do we need to ban all knives? If a child drowns in a swimming pool do we ban pools? Pretty much any item can be a weapon of death in the hands of someone who wants to kill you. Is a shoelace safe? NOPE.

Thinking that banning weapons will prevent gun deaths is nonsense, just as banning knives for the same reason would be. The ban will only ever affect only the honest law abiding citizen who would have never used the gun for evil anyway. If I could wave my magic wand and ban guns from the face of the earth along with the knowledge of how to make new ones, I would do it in a heartbeat. But the ban you propose would affect only the non-criminal element so it wouldn't stop anything. You may as well just wave your finger at a criminal and tell him to stop the bad behavior or else. "or else what?" Apparently in NYC, if you are in the country illegally, you and a bunch of your best buds can beat up a cop in front of witnesses and on video, be arrested, and be out with NO bail in time to see yourself on the news as you hightail it out of town. THAT is what is wrong with the criminal justice system. There are no consequences for crimes, even violent ones. Sure hope those cops can sue the city.
I never said ban guns. You can buy as many as you like. I never mentioned cars, knives, swimming pools, fat people or whatever Doc said, i think he was trying to make a joke. Personally, I don't give a toss what yanks do or ban or not ban. All I said was your 'guns don't kill' comment is basically flawed, as Doc has confirmed. Trying to change the subject with knives and swimming pools is frankly, laughable.
Col

All I said was your 'guns don't kill' comment is basically flawed, as Doc has confirmed.

Except that I believe you have misconstrued my comment. If you mishandle a gun such that it falls on the hammer and causes a discharge, it was a human's mishandling of the gun, not the gun itself, that caused that event. Guns DO NOT KILL PEOPLE. Misuse and abuse of guns by people kills people. Might as well ban screwdrivers and heavy spanners, both of which - in angry hands - can kill people.

All I said was your 'guns don't kill' comment is basically flawed, as Doc has confirmed.
You might want to read his comment again. He agreed with me.
Not odd at all, since she's right. Guns don't kill. They are inanimate objects.
Guns are inanimate objects. Their purpose is to kill because they were developed as tools of war. It would be best if there were some way to eliminate war. There isn't. It isn't the gun itself that kills, it is the person holding it and pulling the trigger. By itself, the gun is inert. Someone has to load it and point it at someone and pull the trigger in order for it to be lethal (baring strange accidents) Trying to regulate guns as a tactic to eliminate death by gun isn't feasible. You cannot take away the guns from the people who use them for evil. You can only take away the guns from the people who obey the law. Laws/rules/regulations/whatever are only beneficial when you can define the objective and then enforce the rule. Rules that are not enforced are useless and will in themselves be used for evil because they will become tools of the government to be used against the people rather than to protect them as the Democrats are currently doing. Shocking evidence of that is the ten year prison sentences for praying in front of an abortion clinic. No one even gets arrested for shutting down Union Station in DC or blocking traffic on highways during rush hour. Why? Their protests are "good". Protesting against the murder of the unborn is "bad".

The point you and the others seem to miss is that we are not enforcing the laws we have so adding new laws, just takes away the guns from the people who obey the laws to begin with and do not further the objective of reducing "death by gun".

If you want to reduce the "death by gun" problem, you need to enforce the laws we have whenever a gun is used in the commission of a crime. Not only do you get the guns off the street, but you get the people who would misuse them off the street and that is what ultimately stops gun crime. Make it too expensive for a criminal to take a gun to a crime and they will stop doing it.

Then idiots like Hunter Biden would be in jail for simply dumping a handgun into a dumpster. Of course, he did get away with it.
You do know hunter never threw any gun in a dumpster, right?

You do know hunter never threw any gun in a dumpster, right?
Are you saying that the FBI retrieved it from the dumpster? I think it actually was his girlfriend/wife who dumped the gun to keep it away from him since he was heavy into drugs at the time. He only lied on his application to get the gun but that isn't a crime if you're a Biden. She was originally Bo's wife so she must have blanket immunity also. And yet, he lost control of the weapon he lied to purchase and that gun ended up in a dumpster from which I think the FBI rescued it for him. Please remind us of the penalty for lying on a gun permit application? And while you're at it, how about ignoring a Congressional Subpoena? I hear some people get jail time for that "crime". We won't even go into the 20+LLCs used to mask the money laundering scheme and the checks from Hunters business - which Joe knows nothing about and has nothing to do with, to Joe. If Hunter weren't so drug addled, he might have remembered that he needed to move the money one more time to his personal account before sending it to the big guy. At least he got the amount right. It was 10% to "the big guy".

Last edited:
Actually it was an old man who regularly rummages through that dumpster who returned it a couple days later.

Lock Hunter up. No one really cares or intends to vote for him. He's just a RW talking point.

Except that I believe you have misconstrued my comment. If you mishandle a gun such that it falls on the hammer and causes a discharge, it was a human's mishandling of the gun, not the gun itself, that caused that event. Guns DO NOT KILL PEOPLE. Misuse and abuse of guns by people kills people. Might as well ban screwdrivers and heavy spanners, both of which - in angry hands - can kill people.
So if the cat knocks it off the table on the floor. . . . . Oh you'd say ban cats.

Let's list all the things that kill people. You've mentioned banning food, cutting off people's hands, banning cars, screwdrivers, heavy spanners, lumps of wood. . . . Banning trees, to be honest, your ideas of banning things are far from realistic.

I dont care how many people die through the gun in America, not my problem, but, Pat's statement 'guns don't kill' is a fallacy. End of.i don't know why you're arguing.unless of course, it's super mods sticking together to try to quash someone with a different opinion because super mods cant be seen to be wrong as Pat is. I should have twigged.
Col

Pat's statement 'guns don't kill' is a fallacy.

This is not a "moderators stick together" sort of thing. Guns are merely tools in the hands of malicious or uncaring people who intentionally kill and careless people who mistakenly or accidentally kill. You can substitute the word gun with "knife" or "crowbar" or "spanner" or "pickup truck" or "brick" - the sentence and its intention wouldn't change one bit.

Before you complain about that last element of my list of alternatives, I'll add that my grandfather was killed by a large brick that fell on his hard hat from the top of a hotel. The brick didn't crush his skull but did snap his neck. I never met my paternal grandfather because of carelessness on the part of a construction worker. So even bricks can kill if you drop them wrong.

And no, I didn't make that up to make you feel bad.

I try to attack the problem from all angles. They all could matter depending on what happens. Again, one in five homes will experience a break in, and about 50% of all home invasions involved violence to the homeowner. You'd have to be foolish not to take precautions.
USA welcome message
Welcome to America, the land where we shoot to kill

General advice
To protect your family you should obtain a firearm.
Preferably before you go to your holiday accommodation

Helpful roadside advice notice
Trespassers will be shot

Guns are merely tools in the hands of malicious or uncaring people who intentionally kill and careless people who mistakenly or accidentally kill. You can substitute the word gun with "knife" or "crowbar" or "spanner" or "pickup truck" or "brick" - the sentence and its intention wouldn't change one bit.
But guns have the exclusive task of threatening (and thus blackmailing) or injuring or killing. This makes them significantly different from a brick.
Guns are easy to use, every child, every lunatic, every weakling can pull the trigger on a gun.

Malicious, indifferent, careless people. You should also include anxious and over-motivated people.

You should also know that the production and sale of guns is a big business. For the best possible profit, you also have to create and maintain demand for your product and anchor this in all levels of society, including politics. The NRA is doing an excellent job of this.

Pat Hartman said:
And while you're at it, how about ignoring a Congressional Subpoena?
Are you telling me fox didn't cover this?
I have no idea. I stopped watching Fox entirely when they fired Tucker.

He hasn't testified yet. The House let him go for months. They let him walk out on them. They let him hold a press conference in front of the Capitol building and give them the finger. The Republican pieces of dog poo failed to prosecute.

Just FYI, no one cares about Hunter. What they care about is the money laundering, influence peddling scheme the Bidens have been running for years. And the prosecutors cleverly avoided anything to do with the money laundering scheme.

USA welcome message
Welcome to America, the land where we shoot to kill

General advice
To protect your family you should obtain a firearm.
Preferably before you go to your holiday accommodation

Helpful roadside advice notice
Trespassers will be shot
You'd think that message would deter people, have you seen our southern border? Or our theme parks stuffed with tourists, they don't seem to be getting the message.

Honestly it wouldn't take much for a single action revolver to fire if dropped on the hammer. Of course, the drop would have to be just right, then someone in the line of fire, but it does require caution.

Ultimately I think some guns should be banned (as long as we can get them away from criminals too, so we're evenly matched), but personal firearms should be allowed as long as violent crime is a serious threat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom