Are you an atheist?

Are you an atheist?

• Total voters
Its easy, press button, walk in cubicle. remembering to close the door becomes automatic after first rollicking from "the boss" :D

Brian

Kind of like being reminded to put the toilet seat back down - :eek::p

Kind of like being reminded to put the toilet seat back down - :eek::p

I think that's very selfish of women to keep on about that. They never think to leave the seat up in case the next user is male.

Are women incapable of putting the seat down themselves?

Col

I think that's very selfish of women to keep on about that. They never think to leave the seat up in case the next user is male.

Col

I guess it happens to the best of us:

"Loverboy, If I have to tell you one more time to put that seat down..."
hillary-finger-pointing.png

There is increasing evidence starting to appear that indicates people are surprisingly automatic in their day to day activities.

I'd actually go along with this. The more sophisticated day to day tools become (Cell Phones, PDAs etc etc) the worst it seems to get. People just simply plug into a system that has already been created for them and they tend to operate within the boundaries of that system throughout the day.

Using smilies on these boards is a classic example. Users tend to use them as a matter of course to express emotion.

Col
I always put the top cover down so the women have to lift something before they use it.:)

I always put the top cover down so the women have to lift something before they use it.:)
The poor things, that's more than one thing they have to lift, their skirts, face etc., 'good job they can multi-task, or so they claim;)

Very true. He certainly sets his own rules of conduct.
Well now that the dictator's gone from here and we live in a "free world" he's allowed to.....................Damn there isn't a smiley here that fits!

Well now that the dictator's gone from here and we live in a "free world" he's allowed to.....................Damn there isn't a smiley here that fits!

I recall two things on this:

1) Col admitted that he was out of order with his behavior towards the 'dictator'

2) That you agreed not to dwell on the past and move on.

Did you have a change of heart in my absence?

Using smilies on these boards is a classic example. Users tend to use them as a matter of course to express emotion.
Isn't that what smilies are for:confused:. With people from different countries and with different mother tongues it can be easy to cause unwitting offense to people unless you indicate you are not being serious

I recall two things on this:

1) Col admitted that he was out of order with his behavior towards the 'dictator'

Shame the dictator didn't reciprocate eh

2) That you agreed not to dwell on the past and move on.

Who's dwelling? However I do think it important that society remembers events of the past so as to prevent wrong doing in the future

Did you have a change of heart in my absence

See above

Isn't that what smilies are for:confused:. With people from different countries and with different mother tongues it can be easy to cause unwitting offense to people unless you indicate you are not being serious

Indeed they have a function, they are a tool.

All I'm saying is that the more sophisticated these tools become the more people adapt their lives to fit in with their designs. Text speak is a better example.

What may ensue is a pattern of thinking that follows someone else's design.

With the smilies, I remember Col using all sorts of different animated gifs from different sites to get his point across. It is possible to do that but users, including myself, tend to use the options that are provided by the system to express themselves.

Who's dwelling? However I do think it important that society remembers events of the past so as to prevent wrong doing in the future

I think it is more important to get over it and move on.

With the smilies, I remember Col using all sorts of different animated gifs from different sites to get his point across.

I gave it up because I noticed people were using smilies here after every comment in every post they made. It sort of loses it's meaning when people use them so frequently.

It's almost become a necessity for some posters here to use them - it must be an insecurity thing, a bit like having a comfort blanket. At least when I do use them, they are used with some meaning.

Col

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom