Are you an atheist?

Are you an atheist?

• Total voters
So where do women fit in the scheme of things?

What are you talking about? Don't you realise that women are nothing more than an organ to reproduce the real humans.:rolleyes:

What are you talking about? Don't you realise that women are nothing more than an organ to reproduce the real humans.:rolleyes:

Isn't that interesting I have found men in every religion and every non religion and in every walk of life that believe that, including myself at one time.

We are all born as Muslims, hence the word is revert i.e. we revert back to Islam.

I saw that one coming.

The arrogance of the Islamic adherents is quite remarkable. Little wonder they are causing so much trouble on the planet.

I can assure you I wasn't born a Muslim and I will never ever have the slightest respect for its archaic fascist philosophy. and those who promote it.

I saw that one coming.

The arrogance of the Islamic adherents is quite remarkable. Little wonder they are causing so much trouble on the planet.

I can assure you I wasn't born a Muslim and I will never ever have the slightest respect for its archaic fascist philosophy. and those who promote it.

Same here, I saw it coming and was going to respond but changed my mind. I wasn’t born anything actually. Well I shouldn’t say that. Some men say they were born without a penny in their pocket. I was born without a pocket. <G>
Ps. Hey Galaxiom, Are you following our presidential race at all?

Quite so.

Similarities between being Muslim and Australian then.

Perhaps the meaning of :rolleyes: is lost on you. (It means sarcastic.)

Like any country there is a vast range of attitudes about many issues. If you make a generalisation and consider Australians only as aboriginal Australian rather than the invaders then yes you are on the money.

But this is due to the difficult circumstances of many aboriginal Australians. Sexual prejudice is more rightly the realm of poorly educated whose upbringing was dominated by patriarchal bigotry.

In circles where I mix the attitudes to sexual equality are extremely healthy.

Like any country there is a vast range of attitudes about many issues. If you make a generalisation and consider Australians only as aboriginal Australian rather than the invaders then yes you are on the money.

But this is due to the difficult circumstances of many aboriginal Australians. Sexual prejudice is more rightly the realm of poorly educated whose upbringing was dominated by patriarchal bigotry.

Well said!

I love it when Muslims debate. Their post do far more damage to the reputation of their faith than any atheist could ever hope to.

Let's watch Aziz dig a deeper hole in responding to this:

Mohammed tell us that men can have as many as four wives but a woman must be limited to one husband. Mohammed had at least a dozen wives, the youngest he married when she was six years old.

This is why Mohammed is known among the intelligent as "The Pedophile Prophet".

Also note that the girl's father was appointed by Mohammed as the first caliph essentially showing that he happily sold his daughter into child prostitution for his own gain.

I was fully aware of sarcasm - its you who has missed it.

If sarcasm and stereotyping are OK for you to do for Muslims - then how come I cant do the Aussie stuff.

Probably cos your a typical bully. Your last few posts in relation to Aziz are disrespectful in the extreme.

I was fully aware of sarcasm - its you who has missed it.

If sarcasm and stereotyping are OK for you to do for Muslims - then how come I cant do the Aussie stuff.

Probably cos your a typical bully. Your last few posts in relation to Aziz are disrespectful in the extreme.

I have not resorted to stereotyping. (sstteerreeoottyyppiinngg?:D)

All jokes aside:
I am not a bully. My comments are entirely in response to the arrogant bigotry as posted by Aziz. Moreover in my experience his behaviour is typical of Muslims who participate in internet forums.

Why should I have the slightest respect for someone who insults my intelligence by insisting that everyone is born a Muslim?

I am well aware that you are a devout religious apologist. Do you back the right of other fascists to be respected too?

AnthonyGerrard: Perhaps while we wait for Aziz to respond you would like to explain how a six year old girl being married by her father to a mature man in exchange for promoting his own status does not amount to pedophilia and child prostitution.

I have not resorted to stereotyping. (sstteerreeoottyyppiinngg?:D)

All jokes aside:
I am not a bully. My comments are entirely in response to the arrogant bigotry as posted by Aziz. Moreover in my experience his behaviour is typical of Muslims who participate in internet forums.

Why should I have the slightest respect for someone who insults my intelligence by insisting that everyone is born a Muslim?

I am well aware that you are a devout religious apologist. Do you back the right of other fascists to be respected too?

I have no problem if he believes I was born Muslim - but I havent followed the religion. Its not something to be too worried about. ITs not a great insult. Just seems to be differing definitions thats all.

As for apologising for other fascists - you're the one with the negatives about black australians and muslims?

I'll leave it at that. Thanks.

Your implication that I am a fascist is baseless. Perhaps you should look to the definition of a fascist and see how well that fits with the philosophy of the Abrahamic faiths.

My comments about indigenous Australians was stated as a response to your unqualified and blatantly racist remarks and in my stated context of the unfortunate circumstances that many have have found themselves in. However I will reiterate that it is a fact that traditional aboriginal values are deeply and fundamentally sexually prejudiced.

Religious apologists and those who uncritically applaud the values of "traditional" cultures refuse to acknowledge the prejudice embodied in these cultures. It is a big mistake.

The advance of Western society over the past two or three generations is largely as a result of adopting and responding to the very valid criticism of the way our cultures had treated women. Those who pretend that the same change in attitudes is not essential within religion and other sexist cultures do no favours to anybody.

The western cultures who have advanced the most are those who have responded to the criticisms and rejected both religion and sexual prejudices. This is not only because it generates a healthier attitude but because it emancipates women allowing them to make the tremendous social and economic contribution that we have come to enjoy.

I clicked Atheist but if god appeared I would change my mind. As has already been said I have seen no convincing evidence that there is a god and I have seen a lot throughout life to convince me ot the truth of the statement that without religion good people do good things and bad people do bad things but with religion good people can do terrible things.

I have read "The God Delusion" and also "God is not Great" by Christopher Hitchens which I personally think is a better book.

That is really good. I like it. Yes we would all change our mind but it may be too late by then. I try alot to be a follower of Christ (Christian). Everyone has their own belief, and at the end of the end, no one really knows whats going to happen. But if its true, regardless of mankind knowing all or not, I would rather take my chances to believe its all true that God is all that He is...

Yes people can do good things without religion until they know more about it...its a choice, if you don't know more then it won't affect you. People will do what they know. Its a choice of free will. If you don't want it, you don't have to have it, if you want it you shall receive it...:)

@Brian

Just in case? This is known as risk management.

6a00d8341d3df553ef015438d0e316970c-pi

6a00d8341d3df553ef015438d0e316970c-pihttp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom