Converting 2003 db to 07 (1 Viewer)

AN60

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:01
I have been trying to convert two dbs from 2003 to 2007, after successfully converting several other dbs. Office 2007 gives the following message;

"db already opened by 'Admin' on machine <name>. try again when application available."

That might not be the exact wording but it's close enough. I have tried to convert the same dbs on another computer & get the same message, differing only where I have the word <name>. Office 07 substitutes <name> with words that suggest something to do with Norton Ghost backups. I've closed norton ghost on one computer & killed off anything I can find that might be connected with Ghost but no luck & on the second computer I haven't had Ghost on it for several months. Point to note here is that Ghost has been on or is on both computers. It's got me stumped because I can convert several other dbs ok & have done then a few times to test things.:confused:

PS. Office 07 help says the error is (Error 3356)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ian

Last edited:

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 05:01
My suggestion to convert is to just import everything into a blank 2007 shell from the 2003 database. Then you will have to set the startup options and all, but it works much cleaner.

AN60

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:01
Bob

Once again, thanks for your fast reply.

I was about to do as you suggested however after several Google searches I found a suggestion to turn off the Switchboard then try a conversion. I did this & the conversion worked! After the conversion the switchboard seems to work on too, so hopefully I'm back in business.

regards
Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom