God is Evil (1 Viewer)

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 07:41
The law clearly defines what racism is for an Australian citizen. To say that this definition bears no weight for an Australian citizen because the target of the abuse resides outside of the Australian legal system is pretty limp, IMO.

I am only guessing but I suspect the reason is when referring to another country it is the country and the culture etc.

But I can tell you that what is said about Iraqis for example and where Iraq is the reference the same remarks about Iraqis living in Australia would cause the call to be terminated.

Smokenwhispers

Strapon Grl
Local time
Today, 17:41
Actually, from a scientific point of view, there is no such thing as "race". Everyone is human and has only adapted to the surroundings or environment around them. This is proven in both science and common sense.

You can argue allegiances or ethnic backgrounds but not race, because we are all the same.

Anyone who still thinks from a racial perspective has classified him or herself as subspecies, as animals do not exhibit the same behavior...

note: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHwXlcHcTHc

*Survival changes a lot of circumstances though...

Last edited:

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:41
But I can tell you that what is said about Iraqis for example and where Iraq is the reference the same remarks about Iraqis living in Australia would cause the call to be terminated.

Sure it would because the victims of the abuse would be Australian citizens and that would contravene Australian law. However to seemingly condone the exact same type of abuse to non-citizens comes across as wholly hypocritical, IMO.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
This is getting tedious now.

http://www.cps.gov.uk/publications/prosecution/rrpbcrbook.html

For the purposes Racist or religous crime the British CPS defines racial group as:

Feel free to think that you want but i consider my inclusion of nationality as grounds for racism to be warranted and given it is included within english law it would appear I am not alone. Now I really don't have any more to say regarding nationality and racism.

Now don't go confusing the issue with all this legal hocus pocus. I might be tempted to say "you were right and I was wrong", you wouldn't want that now, woud you????? :D

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Personally, I don't think Colin is either, I think he falls in the category of Devils Advocate, you gotta love him, he's cute ;)

I agree that Col often plays Devil's Advocate, but unfortunately his guitar only plays one tune.

Brian

Atomic Shrimp

Humanoid lifeform
Local time
Actually, from a scientific point of view, there is no such thing as "race". Everyone is human and has only adapted to the surroundings or environment around them. This is proven in both science and common sense.

You can argue allegiances or ethnic backgrounds but not race, because we are all the same.

Anyone who still thinks from a racial perspective has classified him or herself as subspecies, as animals do not exhibit the same behavior...

note: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHwXlcHcTHc

*Survival changes a lot of circumstances though...
Race is a fuzzy concept, but I think it's a bit of a stretch to say it doesn't exist just because the boundaries are difficult to pinpoint. Heredity is a real phenomenon, culture is somewhat persistent from generation to generation - those things (and possibly others) can constitute valid notions of 'race'. Not everything about an individual is an adaptation specific to them (that would be absurd)

To what purpose one might try to apply those notions is whole different kettle of worms.

Species is just as difficult a concept to pin down as race, because it's an attempt to classify and compartmentalise a system that is organic, irregular and somewhat amorphous - but it's sometimes useful to be able to group things based on their similarities, rather than just viewing the whole universe as a collection of different individuals.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Sorry about that honey, I was getting carried away with defending your unscruplous honour :D

Thanks. Scotland the Brave eh?

Isn't it interesting what one little comment from young Cherghie has started?

Col

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
Today I was mortified to find out I was not God's gift.
I always believed I was. I was God's gift to you all as you are God's gift to me.;)

By the way, some of you are gag gifts.

Don't know if the Brits know that term or not....so it may be lost on some.

rommelgenlight

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:41
on my opinion, if God exists in your belief and God is the creator of all things, this include Good and Evil. Therefore, God is the creator of Good and Evil. However, he gave us intelligence to govern all His creations starting from the book of Genesis. This intelligence include deciding for ourselves how we react on His creation of Good and Evil. And this is His gift of Freedom of Choice. Because God loves us. He doesn't want to force us to follow Him but by our own free Will.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time

Col
Yes and unbelievable that it's against the law to deride the most powerful nation on the planet:rolleyes:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Yes and unbelievable that it's against the law to deride the most powerful nation on the planet:rolleyes:

What's even more odd is that a person resident in the UK feels the need to defend them. It's not as if the USA cares for anyone other than the USA.

It is possible that the person in Newbury is not English? That may explain the patriotism towards the USA.

Col

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Today I was mortified to find out I was not God's gift.
I always believed I was. I was God's gift to you all as you are God's gift to me.
Sigh.... my theories are completely blown now.

:)

By the way, I went to a funeral today and the priest hit on me.
That cheeky priest was definitely God's gift to me as I needed an ego boost.
Oh... but he was Episcopalian, not Catholic so.....

;)

Don't you believe it Tess, it's not that you're NOT God's gift, you're just not her only one :D

Well done getting a priest to hit on you! I'd be flattered if a blind man hit on me lol.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Or the stupidity of the En, en, eng. Nope, just can't do it, just can't admit where my ancestors came from, but suffice to say I'd rather they had turned out to be murderers lol

Col

I guess that's the nature of the water cooler :D

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
I'd be interested in your thoughts as to why you think (incorrectly) I am racist.

BTW - had a lovely chinky at the weekend. Sweet and sour chicken, chicken in sweet chilli sauce with cashew nuts and egg fried rice.

Just went to one of those chinky all you can eat buffets! Nothing at all compared to the one we went to in Ontario, but I highly recomend the sweet and sour dog! I'm certainly full of it :D

OK, I'm all filled up with MSG now so I'm guessing I'm going to be even more hyper all afternoon!!

Smokenwhispers

Strapon Grl
Local time
Race is a fuzzy concept, but I think it's a bit of a stretch to say it doesn't exist just because the boundaries are difficult to pinpoint. Heredity is a real phenomenon, culture is somewhat persistent from generation to generation - those things (and possibly others) can constitute valid notions of 'race'. Not everything about an individual is an adaptation specific to them (that would be absurd)

To what purpose one might try to apply those notions is whole different kettle of worms.

Species is just as difficult a concept to pin down as race, because it's an attempt to classify and compartmentalise a system that is organic, irregular and somewhat amorphous - but it's sometimes useful to be able to group things based on their similarities, rather than just viewing the whole universe as a collection of different individuals.

From a generation and mixing of nationalities, I have to disagree. A man from India goes to the UK . He is foreign but the girl he eventually marries is not. The child is born in the UK environment, adopting the accent, language and lifestyle...

Adaption, at it's finest...

Just went to one of those chinky all you can eat buffets! Nothing at all compared to the one we went to in Ontario, but I highly recomend the sweet and sour dog! I'm certainly full of it :D

OK, I'm all filled up with MSG now so I'm guessing I'm going to be even more hyper all afternoon!!

Who are you calling chinky? That's not racism, that is nationality...ism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom