Harris/Walz Ticket

Yeah I hear monkey pox is voting democrat this year.

Now she's proposing government price controls across many goods - I didn't even believe it until I saw the video, it's true.
Of course the idea that Democrats want something like communism is just a conspiracy theory, right?? 😜
This news is just breaking, so I haven't fully evaluated it. See the headline below.
Government subsidies to buy a house is ridiculous. It will be inflationary. The price of housing will go up as an "adjustment" to this subsidy so there won't be any advantage in the end. This subsidy will also add to the National debt.

Harris/Walz are frantically attempting to "buy" votes with smoke and mirrors. See the thread Fake Medicare Copay Reduction for another example of financial manipulation, by Democrats, as a means of buying votes.

Last edited:
1723829968899.png

same old democrat way, throw money at things and people and hope they don't notice the forest for the trees and where the ship is sinking

What will be really weird is when the DNC desends into total chaos, and the lame stream media will claim "it's outside agitators" haha. Everyone knows the media and antifa play for the same team, team kamala.

And they said only Trump's side did insults LOL - that's too dumb to even comment on

We should play a drinking game, every time the media blames outside agitators you have to drink.

I just saw the most ridiculous fact check of Donald Trump in an Arizona news website. He said that Harris didn't get a single vote and they fact-checked it as being false 100% because she got votes from delegates. When the truth is obviously he wasn't referring to that kind of vote he was talking about people voting in a primary.

This whole fact check business has gotten interesting.

And as far as Trump saying that we would leave NATO or threatening to do so if they didn't pay enough, that brings up a good point about NATO. It was because the US encouraged the membership of NATO to increase and start encircling Russia that they caused the Ukraine war in the first place. The US knew what it was doing. It wanted the Ukraine war in order to weaken entire Russia's military so that they couldn't fight in other places in the world.

I have concerns with BBC News fact checks of Harris. The shortest summary is that they are superficial, so you don't get a good picture.

1. What about a 'Trump tax' costing families almost $4,000?
The answer should consider the intent of the tariffs. My understanding is that the tariffs would be used as a mechanism to encourage manufacturing in the US. That can't be achieved if the US is not "competitive" with foreign nations that can make the same product for less. An effective tariff would result in a US made product becoming competitive with a foreign made product. The question then becomes, do we want to manufacture in the US or continue to export our "wealth" to other countries that make the products for less?

PS: I forgot to add the effect of Harris proposal to increase corporate taxes. The BBC did not discus that, should the corporate tax be increased, that people will pay more for the products they purchase. Consequently, that makes the BBC fact check on the tariff concern to be one sided ("lie by omission") favoring Harris over Trump.

2. And did Trump tank the immigration deal?
Nothing wrong with Trump opposing the immigration bill, it was a bad bill. The BBS fact check did not highlight the sections of the bill that made it a terrible bill, nor did it discuss that Republicans submitted an immigration bill to the Senate and the Democrats refused to have it considered.

Last edited:
Isn't fixing the problems you created something like the ever elusive perpetual motion machine? Maybe the Dems have discovered the path to totally free energy:)

Tariffs go beyond import duties. We should look at our agreements with each country specifically.

If a country prohibits the US or any foreign person or company from owning 100% of a business or any particular other asset, then the US must have a reciprocal prohibition.

Should we allow China to control a company that supplies material to the US military?

Each country should be allowed to protect its own assets and critical infrastructure. Should we allow China to control our farmland? Should we allow the UK to control our farmland? I think the answer to both is no. Same for critical businesses. Maybe we could allow partial ownership either via partnerships or open stock market transactions.

Should we allow foreign investors to drive up the price of condos in Miami so high that US citizens looking to live there are priced out of the market?

The rest of the world takes advantage our our free system and doesn't allow US citizens/corporations similar open access to their assets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom