Mid-Term elections in USA (1 Viewer)

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 04:21
Rich said:
Jenny look, your history is appalling, The British actually united the arabs against a common enemy, ie the Turks, after WW1 the League of Nations carved up the Middle East, America was a part of that league at the time:rolleyes:

The British did unite them. Then they taketh.

R

Rich

jsanders said:
The British did unite them. Then they taketh.
No we didn't, the League Of Nations did, look Jenny if you want me to keep on educating you I'm gonna have to start charging you, PM me and we'll talk money

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 09:21
Actually you are both wrong the Middle East was handed to Britain and France, Lebanon and Syria, at the treaty of Versaille, which was attended by Woodrow Wilson.

brian

R

Rich

The treaty was ratified by the League of Nations on January 10, 1920.

R

Rich

The British government, mandate holders in Iraq, were concerned at the unrest in the new country. They decided to step back from direct administration and create a monarchy to head Iraq while they maintained the mandate. Following a plebiscite showing 96% in favour, Faisal agreed to become king; so, in August 1921 he was made king of Iraq.

He was instrumental in making his country fully independent in 1932.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 09:21
For christs sake don't vote in any more religious freaks:rolleyes:

Quote=BBC news

Polls revealed religion as a striking predictor of voting behaviour - the more often a voter attended church, the more likely they were to vote for President Bush, by a wide margin.

That is not a good thing in a nation where more than 90% believe in God.

ref

Col

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
ColinEssex said:
For christs sake don't vote in any more religious freaks:rolleyes:

Quote=BBC news

Polls revealed religion as a striking predictor of voting behaviour - the more often a voter attended church, the more likely they were to vote for President Bush, by a wide margin.

That is not a good thing in a nation where more than 90% believe in God.

ref

Col

If you go back and read any number of my hundreds of accurate post on the subject, you would see that this is nothing new to people that can see.

Karl Rove is the architect of the current Republican party. He correctly predicted that the United States would be turned over to the Republicans by the use of the “Christian Right”

This all started with the abortion issue. And has since grown to encompass any “moral” issue.

The problem is that it defies US law. US tax law prohibits tax exempt organizations from endorsing any particular candidate or party.

But skirting this law is small potatoes for the new American Fascism.

We must get rid of these criminals before they drag the entire planet into either a depression or a global conflict.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
You think it had a choice?

Brian

Of course not; during the 20s Britain was the world power, or close to it. So whatever was good for Father England was certainly good for the fledgling League

Last edited:

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Hey Rich,

Does this sound familier?

In May 1901, William Knox D'Arcy was granted a concession by the Shah of Iran to search for oil which he found in May 1908. This was the first commercially significant find in the Middle East. On 14 April 1909, the Anglo-Persian Oil Company was incorporated to exploit this find. The company grew slowly until World War I when its strategic importance led the British Government to acquire controlling interest in the company and it became the Royal Navy's chief source of fuel oil during World War I.

In 1917, the war allowed it to take the British arm of the German Europäische Union, which used the trade name British Petroleum. After the war ended, the company, in which the British Government now had a 51% interest, moved to secure outlets in Europe and elsewhere. However, its main concern was still Persia, following the Anglo-Persian Agreement of 1919 the company continued to trade profitably in that country.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
All this American Bashing, and it looks like we learned it from the Brits.

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:21
jsanders said:
The problem is that it defies US law. US tax law prohibits tax exempt organizations from endorsing any particular candidate or party.

Both parties have supporters in tax exempt organizations that unoffically support candidates of their choice, so it is really hard to seperate one from the other. The "right" does not have a "corner on the market" on this. So your statement is extremly misleading on that.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
FoFa said:
Both parties have supporters in tax exempt organizations that unoffically support candidates of their choice, so it is really hard to seperate one from the other. The "right" does not have a "corner on the market" on this. So your statement is extremly misleading on that.

Except that for the last 6 years the dominate player at the pulpit has been the Repubs.

I'ts time for a different flaver of poison.

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
jsanders said:
Except that for the last 6 years the dominate player at the pulpit has been the Repubs.

I'ts time for a different flaver of poison.

It always switches back and forth. It seems like every 8-10 years the control gets switched to the opposite party. The problem is, they all do the same cr@p. :rolleyes:

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
MrsGorilla said:
It always switches back and forth. It seems like every 8-10 years the control gets switched to the opposite party. The problem is, they all do the same cr@p. :rolleyes:

I don't remember Bil or Jimmy geting us into 2 trillion dollar wars.

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
jsanders said:
I don't remember Bil or Jimmy geting us into 2 trillion dollar wars.

They did other stupid stuff.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
MrsGorilla said:
They did other stupid stuff.

Your absolutely correct but we face the end of America that we grew up in. And the politicians are diverting us with a war on islam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom