Mid-Term elections in USA (1 Viewer)

R

Rich

jsanders said:
Of course not; during the 20s Britain was the world power, or close to it. So whatever was good for Father England was certainly good for the fledgling League
Then by the same token the US was responsible for WW11

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Yesterday, 18:39
Brianwarnock said:
:confused:
Anybody out there understand this?

Brian

Nope. Not a clue. :cool:

R

Rich

Brianwarnock said:
:confused:
Anybody out there understand this?

Brian
Well it's very simple Brian, if Britain is responsible for the current debacle in Iraq because of The Treaty of Versaile then the United States was guilty of forcing reparations from Germany because it demanded repayment of French War loans at the time. Britain was prepared to write off France's debt, America was not.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Yesterday, 19:39
Rich said:
Well it's very simple Brian, if Britain is responsible for the current debacle in Iraq because of The Treaty of Versaile then the United States was guilty of forcing reparations from Germany because it demanded repayment of French War loans at the time. Britain was prepared to write off France's debt, America was not.

How do you equate the dividing up of the Middle East to enrich British Oil interest, with the calling in of a war debt?

You’re grasping at straws and are not even able to comprehend that your utopian Britain could have ever done wrong.

As I have on numerous occasions advised you.

If you persist in a completely one sided diatribe; you loose all semblance of credibility.

R

Rich

jsanders said:
How do you equate the dividing up of the Middle East to enrich British Oil interest, with the calling in of a war debt?

You’re grasping at straws and are not even able to comprehend that your utopian Britain could have ever done wrong.

As I have on numerous occasions advised you.

If you persist in a completely one sided diatribe; you loose all semblance of credibility.

What the hell does the Bush war for oil have to do with the events of the 1920's. Like I said, by using your logic WW11 was the United States fault:rolleyes:

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Yesterday, 16:39
Someone may have commented on this already but I couldn't find it - The free and independent courts of Iraq have timed a death sentence on Saddam perfectly for the elections?

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Rich said:
What the hell does the Bush war for oil have to do with the events of the 1920's. Like I said, by using your logic WW11 was the United States fault:rolleyes:

It has everything to do with the civil war in Iraq. Do you remember eastern Europe after the fall of the Soviets. Generations of racial and religious hatred was no longer contained by the CCCP.

R

Rich

jsanders said:
It has everything to do with the civil war in Iraq. Do you remember eastern Europe after the fall of the Soviets. Generations of racial and religious hatred was no longer contained by the CCCP.
Jenny, your logic's flawed again, the Arabs in the area have been fighting each other for centuries, the current wave of unrest hass nothing to do with our search for oil in the 1920's. Try again

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Rich said:
Jenny, your logic's flawed again, the Arabs in the area have been fighting each other for centuries, the current wave of unrest hass nothing to do with our search for oil in the 1920's. Try again

The civil war in Iraq is 100 proportional to the "unnatural coalescence” of the Iraqi nation. It was made up of several tribes that had no common culture or religion. It was held together by violence, now it will run it’s course.

The end result is chaos in the Middle East. It was coming if we had engaged that war or otherwise.

And the problem is not confined to Iraq. The entire region is a powder keg and contrary to what is being taught in their Mosque and terrorist camps, the United States is not responsible. The problem is in the fact that the Royal Family and a few others have siphoned off all of the oil revenues and kept them totally for themselves, leaving the rest destitute.

We’re just a convenient target.

Don’t think this in anyway is some kind of endorsement of this war, because it’s not.

Now that huge reserves of oil are being discovered around the globe, I say pull out, and let them play “last man standing” they have been wanting that since the Turks left anyway.

R

Rich

I'm suprised that you haven't played the "their jealous of the American way of life" card.

Worley

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:39
SJ McAbney said:
You know, if all these politicians spent more time coming up with policies and striving to meet them rather than spending money criticising their opponents, I may have more respect for them. On watching the news last night I saw that a woman (in Chicago, perhaps?) who lost her legs in Iraq was running on behalf of the Democrats in what was a majorly Republican area. Even more so since the Republicans redrew up the boundaries so that it included pro-Republican areas and excluded those in favour of the Democrats. The majorty of people interviewed said they were Republican but were switching to Democrat because of the war in Iraq.

Opinion polls were putting the woman head to head with the Republican for the first time, perhaps ever. I don't know much about her but I wonder if her campaign is purely based upon her image (i.e. two false legs) rather than any political nous. But her rivals were spending most of their time, it seemed, creating late night TV adverts disparaging her rather than having anything positive to say about themselves.

Once again, sorry for bumping old posts, but I am new and I wanted to say that I know that lady pretty well. Her name is Tammy, and she is campaigning (Yes, in Chicago) because she...like me and many other military, are sick of congress using the military, and wounded military as political platforms to get re-elected. She is a very smart lady, and I would vote for her in a second if I were in her state. Her campaign isnt purely based off her image, she has been active in her community for years, but now that she has the media looking at her...its a great opportunity to make a change. I can't wait to see how it works out for her, good or bad.

R

Rich

Worley said:
Once again, sorry for bumping old posts, but I am new and I wanted to say that I know that lady pretty well. Her name is Tammy, and she is campaigning (Yes, in Chicago) because she...like me and many other military, are sick of congress using the military, and wounded military as political platforms to get re-elected.

But isn't she using the fact that she's ex-military and wounded to get elected? :confused:

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Rich said:
But isn't she using the fact that she's ex-military and wounded to get elected? :confused:

What's you point?

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
ColinEssex said:
By going for the sympathy vote

Col

Why is that any worse than any other tactics employed for that purpose?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom