Question on American politics (1 Viewer)

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Yesterday, 22:39
Rich said:
No wonder the Iraqis don't want you there :rolleyes:
Until they look over the hill and see the Iranians.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 03:39
jsanders said:
Well it can't be any worse for them now that the USA has made a dogs dinner over the whole issue and made things 100 times worse than it was before 2003.

Col

R

Rich

jsanders said:
Well we do know just how bad you guys history lessons are but where were you when your ally Sadam was fighting your war against evil Iranians.
Ah yes of course, you were supplying the Iranians weapons on the sly whilst supplying your ally with the technology to develop and use chemical weapons :rolleyes:

Jakboi

Death by Access
Local time
Adeptus said:
Like the Patriot Act? Like Guantanamo Bay?
Like Fox "News"?

Fox news happens to be my fav...go figure:rolleyes:

Patriot Act...Cmon Britain has the most closed circuit cameras in the whole world...talk about big brother watchin you.

Guantanamo Bay now thats a touchy subject...lets put them all in Austrailia and they can join that radical cleric who is being shunned for hatered and inciting violence...calling for death of jews and marytrs...in his selling of videotapes...theres hundreds more just like that at Guantanamo.

Where else do you put people who would love at the first shot...kill you in a heart beat?

Jakboi

Death by Access
Local time
Rich said:
Well we do know just how bad you guys history lessons are but where were you when your ally Sadam was fighting your war against evil Iranians.
Ah yes of course, you were supplying the Iranians weapons on the sly whilst supplying your ally with the technology to develop and use chemical weapons :rolleyes:

Ahh very good and we were using the money to fund the reblels in Nicaragua because of the evil dictator Noreiga which happens to be back and seems like a nice guy...he wants good relations with the US.;)

R

Rich

Jakboi said:
Where else do you put people who would love at the first shot...kill you in a heart beat?
Send 'em to America, they'd be well at home there:rolleyes:

Jakboi

Death by Access
Local time
Rich said:
Send 'em to America, they'd be well at home there:rolleyes:

Actually not a bad idea...I mean LA might be a good spot and let the gangs take care of them...or put them in Harlem or the Bronx and let them have a little NYC love...:cool:

R

Rich

Jakboi said:
Actually not a bad idea...I mean LA might be a good spot and let the gangs take care of them...or put them in Harlem or the Bronx and let them have a little NYC love...:cool:
Nah, sign 'em up for the NYCP, they'd be even more at home:rolleyes:

Adeptus

What's this button do?
Local time
Today, 12:09
Jakboi said:
Guantanamo Bay now thats a touchy subject...
Certainly is. Australian David Hicks is still in there. The Brits got sent home because their government asked for it. Australian government hasn't done the same for its citizens, despite the public feeling they should be.
lets put them all in Austrailia and they can join that radical cleric who is being shunned for hatered and inciting violence...
Notice that the government are saying that if he feels that way he should stay out of Australia. Also, most of the Australian muslims are saying they don't want anything to do with him either.
Give them a trial. Prove that they have committed a crime. Then give them punishment fitting that crime. Don't lock them up & throw away the key (and "allegedly" torture them) without even formally charging them with a crime.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Adeptus said:
Certainly is. Australian David Hicks is still in there. The Brits got sent home because their government asked for it. Australian government hasn't done the same for its citizens, despite the public feeling they should be.

Some still think Australia as a penal colony anyway :eek: ref

R

Rich

dan-cat said:
Some still think Australia as a penal colony anyway :eek: ref
No we all know just how jealous the Yanks are of it but Australia is a welcome member of The Commonwealth:p

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
No we all know just how jealous the Yanks are of it but Australia is a welcome member of The Commonwealth:p

born from the fruit of your convict labor. How lucky they are :D

R

Rich

dan-cat said:
born from the fruit of your convict labor. How lucky they are :D
As your country was born from our emigrés, however something went wrong with America:p

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Anyone seen this poll? It covered 25 countries about the US attitude and foreign policies:D ref

I bet the results are censored in the USA

It says "This poll underscores conclusions drawn from several other surveys - that anti-Americanism is on the rise, and the more the US flexes its hard power - the more it deploys troops abroad or talks tough diplomatically - the more it seems to weaken its ability to influence the world."

In other words, not many people like what the USA has turned this world into.

I like this quote -

"What is striking in this survey is how negatively the US is seen across a range of diverse countries."

and you lot thought Me and Rich were making it up??

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Rich said:
I like this quote

ROFLFHOff

this ones good

it suggests that America's image problems are only getting worse.

The global image of the US has significantly deteriorated over the past 12 months, . . . . . . . . .the slide in America's standing has steepened.

Odd that the Yanks here still can't admit it. Are they really so blind to it?

Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:39
As for looking for reasons to justify Bush's illegal invasion of Iraq, don't bother, you haven't got a leg to stand on
-- Rich

Remind me again why the British invaded the Falklands? What was the public justification? Remind me again why Henry V invaded France (that led to the battle of Agincourt, an historic slaughter in its own right), an event so notable that even the Bard of Avon tossed in his two cents' worth? Look at what England did to Scotland in the time of William Wallace, until Scotland stood up and said "NO." (And backed it up with armed force of their own.)

Rich, I'm not saying the USA is pure as the driven snow. We are not. It is just that "he who is without sin" should be casting those stones, and I very respectfully suggest it aint' your homeland. No personal offense intended. I'm just saying that all countries have had their "I've got to invade that blighter and whomp his sorry butt for him" moments So perhaps it would be appropriate to lighten up the accusatory rhetoric just a smidgeon, pigeon!

Having said that, I firmly believe that GWB will have a lot of issues to answer and the history books will not be kind to him.

Despite the comments being made, it is not the victors of the war who write the histories. It is the guys who are in power when the books are written that write the history. Take a good look at the re-thinking of WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, etc. as the guys who were personally involved finally let go of the past.

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:39
I like this quote:
Opinion polls, by their very nature, are a snap-shot. They ask very particular questions and they need to be interpreted with caution.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Oh dear Doc you are going to have to come up with better examples than those, try looking at our role in Africa.
Do you really want me to explain the Falklands to you, even America invaded there once to throw out pirates.
As for our long running war with France if the channel handn't been there France and England would be one country , albeit speaking French since English kings for generations after William the Conqueror were French and believed that they should rule both countries.

Brian

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
The_Doc_Man said:
Remind me again why the British invaded the Falklands?
The British didn't invade the Falklands. The Falklands was invaded by Argentina in 1982. The British sent a fleet down there to protect British sovereign territory and to protect the British Commonwealth citizens, the same as we would do if the USA decided to invade Australia just for the hell of it.

General Galtieri (an evil dictator) had it in his mind to invade a foreign land just for the hell of it - a bit like your evil dictator strutting round the white house invaded Iraq, the difference being that Bush wanted the USA companies to control the oil and he was paid mega bucks to do it.

Col

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom