Speak English

Brianwarnock said:
Thanks for the best wishes Rak , but only the first is a whisky the second is a whiskey then in order a cat , a ???, a pastie and a beret :D

despite wesh ancestory I cannot think what else Wales is noted for :rolleyes:

Brian

My pleasure Brian.

Friday said:
Isn't one of those a chicken?

I think Friday mixed up Garlic with Gaelic.

Brianwarnock said:
Thanks for the best wishes Rak , but only the first is a whisky the second is a whiskey then in order a cat , a ???, a pastie and a beret :D
Brian
Bit you missed i.e a ??? referring to the Welsh thingy is a rarebit I think.

and yes I was obviously thinking of Celtic au naturelmont Rodney

L

Thanks to Len and Rich for helping out, the old grey matter isn't functionung to well today :D
Like everyday really ;)
Brian

Since my and probably most of your ancesters were persecuted by the Romans, I strongly protest against the current names for the months of the year since they are Latin in origin; and I propose we now refer to the months as follows:

January = MonthOne
February = ColdOne
March = Beets
April = Winnebago
May = Notepad
June = Madagascar
July = Shoeless
August = SomethingSaxon
September = DotNettles
October = BriansBirthday
November = PaperClip
December = Sandwich

Regards,
Tim

I must admit that the skill :confused: in forming such well defined and meaningful names for each month :eek: leaves me in awe of the identities you must have for tables, forms, fields and queries in your databases.

Who said the world is missing out on intellectual input

L

Brianwarnock said:
Thanks to Len and Rich for helping out, the old grey matter isn't functionung to well today :D

Brian
I only know that's how it's spelt because I live next door to 'em, still we all have our cross to bear, it could be worse I suppose, I might be unfortunate enough to live next door to the Welsh :eek: :D

Rich said:
I might be unfortunate enough to live next door to the Welsh :eek: :D

Giving the Americans a rest Rich, or just spreading your favours? :D

Brian

..think it’s a conspiracy to create a divided class in our country.
What is it with conspiracy theories? I won't give these guys that much credit, there isn't an intelligent reason for it.

Aside...I thought you already had this. When I lived in Jamaica I used to go to Miami for Christmas presents and even the guy checking your passport barely spoke English. That city probably has a majority of Spanish speakers.

Rich said:
It's a gross violation of their human rights under the EU constitution; it's also now illegal to coo coo babies for the same reason and it won't be long before differentiation of the sexes will be banned!

......................without prejudice....................................................
Disclaimer, nothing in this post is intended to be offensive to other strange cultures around the world, it has been thoroughly scanned to remove any thing that could possibly be misconstrued as xenophobic or anti- strange culture, and it may not be cited in evidence in any resultant dispute
What's Coo Coo

IMHO, there is no conspiracy. Here in the states the politicians respond to those that voice thier opinions loudly, AND TURN OUT TO VOTE. Unfortunatly, there is less than 50% of the LEGAL population registered to vote, and only 1/2 of them usually do. Those that vote regularly are usually sheeple that will do the bidding of thier party no matter what.
Politicians for the most part are bought and paid for before they even run for office. Try finding out what it takes to become a Senator, Congressman, or even a Govenor and you will see that you have to "Build a warchest" of certain amts before you can even claim to be running.

For all those that are sick of it all, write me in for the next election you encounter. I dont care what it is for (MUST BE IN THE STATES), but just write me in. I think that if enough decent people got in and tried to get the offices when they came up for election, there would be fear in Washington. Want the masses to be heard over the tiny fringe groups, then either run for office or support someone who is that hasnt been pre-paid.

Put up or shut up, if your not willing to fix it DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT IT.

jsanders said:
Well you can certainly understand why some people are still conservatives.
Now would that be American or British conservatives?
I only ask because of course British conservatives brought us two of the greatest leaders in our modern history, American conservatives brought us George Bush :mad: :p

Rich said:
Now would that be American or British conservatives?
I only ask because of course British conservatives brought us two of the greatest leaders in our modern history, American conservatives brought us George Bush :mad: :p
He is certainly in class all by himself.

Len Boorman said:
I must admit that the skill :confused: in forming such well defined and meaningful names for each month :eek: leaves me in awe of the identities you must have for tables, forms, fields and queries in your databases.

Who said the world is missing out on intellectual input

L

Someone take away Len's whiskey -- he's throwing around his intellect in the WaterCooler.

Regards,
Tim

dt01pqt said:
That city probably has a majority of Spanish speakers.

I recall going to a big grocery store near the Miami airport a few years ago where the produce was labeled in Spanish and, too, the checkout clerk asked for my money in Spanish.

Regards,
Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom