The Qur'an

Yes, in essence. But we need to be sure that we can identify who we refer as HIM. If by Him, we are saying he is the God of Adam, Noah, Abraham, Ismail, Moses, David, Jesus and Muhammad (peace be upon them all) and that He is One (ahad) who has no divisions or partners and there is no trinity, then yes we are on the same wavelength. The only religion that ALL the Prophets followed was Islam i.e. to SUBMIT to God alone.

Say: He is Allaah, the One and Only; Allaah, the Eternal, Absolute; He begetteth not, nor is He begotten; And there is none like unto Him.
Qur'an 112:1-4

we're basically saying the same thing, aren't we sir? we're both right. and as a side note, richard is wrong. sorry richard!
Your emphasizing the exclusivity, I'm suggesting that God may have mercy in ways that will end up surprising us in the end for people who diligently sought him even if they didn't end up believing in judeo Christianity

Your emphasizing the exclusivity, I'm suggesting that God may have mercy in ways that will end up surprising us in the end for people who diligently sought him even if they didn't end up believing in judeo Christianity
well, being a biblical man myself Isaac, I can't really go along with that. the word of God specifically says that Jesus is the way. there is no other once he appeared to the world. I'll have a hard time believing what you say above, because it goes against the word. or rather, the flesh.

Jesus (peace of Allaah be upon him), as all Prophets (peace of Allaah be upon them) were the way in their time, but not the destination. A good destination depends on whether you completely SUBMIT to God alone and follow all the Prophets as their message was universal. Hence, singly out prophet Jesus (peace of Allaah be upon him) only, makes no sense.

And establish prayer and give charity (zakah) and obey Allaah and His Messenger. Allaah intends only to remove from you the impurity, O people of the [Prophet's] household, and to purify you with Thorough purification.
Qur'an 33:33

We will show them Our signs in the horizons and within themselves until it becomes clear to them that it is the truth. But is it not sufficient concerning your Lord that He is, over all things, a Witness?
Qur'an 41:53

Therefore, you shall devote yourself to the religion of strict monotheism. Such is the natural instinct placed into the people by God. Such creation of God will never change. This is the perfect religion, but most people do not know.
Qur'an 30:30

It is He Who has sent His Messenger with Guidance and the Religion of Truth, that he may proclaim it over all religion, even though the Pagans may DETEST [it].
Qur’an 61:9

Say, O [Muhammad], "I am only a man like you to whom it has been revealed that your god is but one God; so take a straight course to Him and seek His forgiveness." And woe to those who associate others with Allaah -
Qur'an 41:6

Last edited:
well, being a biblical man myself Isaac, I can't really go along with that. the word of God specifically says that Jesus is the way. there is no other once he appeared to the world. I'll have a hard time believing what you say above, because it goes against the word. or rather, the flesh.
That's why I quoted from the Bible to support my thesis. God rewards those who diligently seek him it does not say who find him it says who seek him.

Sounds like you are getting angry.
I don't know where you got that idea from. Is that what your congregation elders tell to you say when proselytizing and you can't answer a simple question?

Were there kangaroos on the ark? How did they get from Australian to the middle East and then back?

That's why I quoted from the Bible to support my thesis.

[Jesus said], "And indeed, Allaah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. That is a straight path."
Qur'an 19:36

‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”
John 20:17

Were there kangaroos on the ark? How did they get from Australian to the middle East and then back?
Yes, the same entity that created the heavens and earth provided the animals needed. It's about faith, if you have it all things are possible.

At some point you have to ask why that same all-powerful entity didn't just flood everything and then recreate the animals when the flood was over. And there is the matter that flooding the Earth for 40 days was kind of wasteful. After all, if that entity could say fiat lux and create a whole universe, why would he NOT choose to say fiat mortem and just kill everyone on one lousy little planet. Or fiat nihil like Thanos did in Avengers: Infinity Wars. Sounds to me like the folks who wrote that passage didn't appreciate what it meant to be an all-powerful deity, so they picked a mundane and dramatic method of wiping out everyone and everything. Made for better story-telling, probably.

At some point you have to ask why that same all-powerful entity didn't just flood everything and then recreate the animals when the flood was over. And there is the matter that flooding the Earth for 40 days was kind of wasteful. After all, if that entity could say fiat lux and create a whole universe, why would he NOT choose to say fiat mortem and just kill everyone on one lousy little planet. Or fiat nihil like Thanos did in Avengers: Infinity Wars. Sounds to me like the folks who wrote that passage didn't appreciate what it meant to be an all-powerful deity, so they picked a mundane and dramatic method of wiping out everyone and everything. Made for better story-telling, probably.
Because we would miss the lesson.

I don't know where you got that idea from
Because most people only resort to calling stupid, insults (etc) once they are a bit angry and have lost control.
Good to know this is just a normal part of your day :)

And I have no idea if kangaroos were on the ark, but that'd be awful cute if they were.

Fact check - is this true?
This is nonsense.

With the Oriental Schism at the end of the 11th century, the Christian Church separated into a Western Roman Church (subsequently Catholic Church) and an Eastern Roman Church (subsequently Orthodox Church).
So Catholics didn't exist until much later after the emergence of Islam.

But the content is also nonsense. This person is not worth any money.

Because we would miss the lesson.
Based on the story of Noah, all but eight of us didn't SURVIVE the lesson to have learned anything from it. The eight who DID survive would have learned as much from fiat mortem as from fait aqua or fiat magna pluvia.

It depends on who you call "Catholic".

I'm pretty sure a catechism-educated Catholic would argue that they've been in existence since Jesus told Peter, on this rock I will build my church.

I'm pretty sure a catechism-educated Catholic would argue that they've been in existence since Jesus told Peter, on this rock I will build my church.

But Islam began at the time of Adam (peace of Allaah be upon him).

Sorry, Aziz, but ALL religions began at that time. They didn't differentiate until schizms and different sects started to happen. So your claim, while technically true, is meaningless in practical terms. Christianity couldn't come into separate focus until there was a Christ. But the Essenes were a Jewist (not Muslim) sect that was believed to include John the Baptist, and that was also believed to have strongly influenced Jesus. In many of his ways, doctrines, and sayings, Jesus was very much like the Essenes. He wasn't Muslim. Muhammad later tried to claim him so he could steal a few Christians from their congregations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom