Tipping

Rich said:
Absolutely, I'm confused, isn't it against one of your constitution freedoms to ban people from smoking :confused:
Yes, Rich, it's right there in the 4th Ammendment: "Congress shall make no law abridging the right to smoke or chew tobacco." :rolleyes:

Kraj said:
Yes, Rich, it's right there in the 4th Ammendment: "Congress shall make no law abridging the right to smoke or chew tobacco." :rolleyes:
Gosh that was an intellectual response :rolleyes:

Rich said:
Gosh that was an intellectual response :rolleyes:
I matched the intellectual level of my response to that of the question.

Len Boorman said:
Yup see your point but the flip side is also that customers have been done by the rogue trader. So here we have a situation that is not unusual in that the innocent pay the price of the actions of the rogues.
Len

Yes but then to a great extent that's the customers own fault, most of them want the job done cheap to start with;)

Rich said:
Absolutely, I'm confused, isn't it against one of your constitution freedoms to ban people from smoking :confused:

I know I will regret asking this... Just which 'constitution freedom' did you think would cover this?

KenHigg said:
I know I will regret asking this... Just which 'constitution freedom' did you think would cover this?
Well I don't know do I? How about the one that bikers use when defending their right not to wear a helmet :confused:

Rich said:
Well I don't know do I?
Considering the amount of confusion the United States Constitution seems to cause you as well as your expressed desire to clear up said confusion, perhaps you'd be interested in reading it. It's really not all that long, especially if all you're interested in is the Bill of Rights.

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html

Kraj said:
Considering the amount of confusion the United States Constitution seems to cause you as well as your expressed desire to clear up said confusion, perhaps you'd be interested in reading it. It's really not all that long, especially if all you're interested in is the Bill of Rights.

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html
That still doesn't explain why smokers can be banned by law from lighting up easily and yet a law forcing the wearing of crash helmets or even seat belts is fought with great ferocity citing infringement of the bill of rights

Rich said:
Well I don't know do I? How about the one that bikers use when defending their right not to wear a helmet :confused:

Oh Ricki... We didn't even have 'bikes' back then, how could we do a 'right' not to wear one... Besides the requirement is a State by State deal anyway, not a National issue... :D

Rich said:
That still doesn't explain why smokers can be banned by law from lighting up easily and yet a law forcing the wearing of crash helmets or even seat belts is fought with great ferocity citing infringement of the bill of rights

I wasn't aware of ferocity on these issues... Not around here anyway. We all wear seatbelts and helmets. Did you see this on one of our re-run tele shows?

KenHigg said:
I wasn't aware of ferocity on these issues... Not around here anyway. We all wear seatbelts and helmets. Did you see this on one of our re-run tele shows?

It's been in the news for years here, don't you guys ever get your own news ?:confused:

KenHigg said:
I wasn't aware of ferocity on these issues...
Apparently one retard ranting on a website constitutes a ferocious legal battle.

Kraj said:
Apparently one retard ranting on a website constitutes a ferocious legal battle.
There are a great many more and it's been in the news over here for years, don't you guys have newspapers? :confused:

Rich said:
I see, so you can take your helmet on and off depending on which state you're in :confused:

http://www.easyrider.com/~frankie/faq.htm

Sure. Last year when I rode to Florida, when we crossed the line, we pulled over and took our helmets off. Mind you I would have been fine to wear mine, I just wanted to look cool (and get a little sun on my coconut :eek: )

Rich said:
There are a great many more and it's been in the news over here for years, don't you guys have newspapers? :confused:
Now I'm confused. This major legal issue has been in the UK news for years and yet you still are clueless as to the legal rationale behind the arguments? Do your news programs not discuss such things? :confused:

Kraj said:
Now I'm confused. This major legal issue has been in the UK news for years and yet you still are clueless as to the legal rationale behind the arguments?

What rationale, elected government either has the power to make law or it doesn't, irrespective of individual protest or slant, that's where rule by majority vote comes in. Don't you guys believe in majority rule?

Do your news programs not discuss such things? :confused:

News programmes report the news, it's not the job of news reporters to enter or give an opinion on political affairs or the rationale behind a law

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom