What's your best/worst joke?

It is the Thousand Islands region, but less than half of those islands are inhabited. Many of them aren't even big enough for a two-hole outhouse.

Image20240708201915.jpg

I reckon 1984 is the democratic manual of politics ... The obviously don't like the constitution!

And Jules Verne's imagery, while spectacular, doesn't take into account that a pipe organ on a submarine would have trouble working due to problems in balancing air pressure in a fully enclosed space. Then again, with an electronic keyboard that isn't so much of a problem these days - but Captain Nemo didn't have that advantage.
That response should earn you the name of SheldonCooper...

Did you hear the one from MIcrosoft?

They created and installed anti-virus software called CrowdStrike, that promptly shut down systems all around the World.

Yes, the stopped the Xero accounting system from working this morning. :(

Xero, pronounced correctly would be ZEE ero which is another excellent choice of name. Particularly for something money related.

Tried to get a car insurance quote for next month but the system is down. Everything is so fragile, it is concerning.

Did you hear the one from MIcrosoft?

They created and installed anti-virus software called CrowdStrike, that promptly shut down systems all around the World.
what do I always say about AV software .... more like a virus than a virus

CrowdStrike is an A/V package for cloud storage systems. It only affects Windows machines. HOWEVER, there is an exception, which I noted in another thread... SouthWest Airlines continued to operation because their package is still running on Windows 3.1 - and there is no version of CrowdStrike compatible with that version of Windows, so SW Airlines just keeps on flyin' like the antiquated cheapskates they are. (I have a pilot friend who fills me in on the rumors about various companies in the airline industry.)

Uncle G, fabulous find with that video. But that poor patient had the severe form of the disease. The lesser form is neuro-opto-rectitis, in which the nerves between your anus and your cerebrum get crossed, giving you a crappy outlook on life.

When asked about the £20billion black hole in the UK's finances. Sir Starmer admitted on BBC News that it was probably a mistake to ask Angela Raynor to work out their budgets which Labour included in their manifesto.

I was complemented on my driving the other day. When I came back to my car someone
had put a note on my windscreen saying "PARKING FINE". Which was nice I thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom