Breaking News: Trump shot

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 19:02
Terrible news. I just saw that Trump has been shot at during one of his rallies. He had blood on his face and went down, so I don't know if he was hit or not.

Anyone know?

Update: Just read that he got hit in the ear. Not sure about anything else.

When I heard several Republican's say they will try to take him out if all else fails, I thought they were going too far. Well, looks like I was wrong. They will do anything to stop Trump. Disgusting. I wonder what this will do to his poll figures?

The secret service did an excellent job. Quick and fearless.

I just happened to see this on the news right when it happened. He is incredibly lucky. A couple more inches to the right and it would have been all over. This was in Butler County PA, at one of his rallies. There were multiple shots that I heard, most probably from secret service returning fire. The shooter is dead. Not sure if anyone else died from that first bullet. With all those people it had to hit someone else. Pray for those that were injured from this person. The secret service did a great job and Trump himself correctly dropped down as soon as he realized what happened to him. I'm sure he will wear that hole in his ear like a badge of honor.

That is some sad business.
This should not happen. How do you think someone got a gun in there?

It looks like the victim was male. There is going to be a big investigation to figure out how someone got a gun in there. My gut feeling is the gun was placed somewhere on the grounds prior to the event. They do sweep the area for this type of thing, but maybe someone got creative and dug a deep hole in the ground and lowered a gun on a string to avoid the sweep or somehow or did it after the sweep. However it was done, they will figure it out and add it to the list of things to check for the next time. I heard something about someone on a roof (shooter), but it's unconfirmed. They have some pretty sophisticated tools to do the actual sweeping so it's very surprising they missed it. I hope it wasn't an inside job.

The bullet clearly came from the left side (from crowd perspective) somewhere in front of the bleachers because the victim was in the bleachers when he was hit. Just don't know if they were in an elevated position or down at crowd level.

It is hard to deal with this kind of foolishness. I was in high-school biology class when Kennedy was assassinated. I was out of grad school and working when Reagan was shot. But the shooter apparently didn't make it so they will have to do a deeper dive into his online presence to figure him out. Just like the crazy guy who shot Steve Scalise a few years ago at the house baseball game.

More info pouring in on this. Witnesses say that the shooter was on top of a building right after the shooting. There was also a woman in the bleachers that took a bullet in the hand or wrist area. It sure sounded like three initial gun shots, then the rest sounded like return gun fire.

Well now it makes sense. The shooter was in light camo attire and shimmied up a building outside of the perimeter but well within the range of your average AR-15 (300yds). He was spotted by by standards that were also outside the perimeter and could see him climb the building with a rifle. They tried to point where the guy was but police could not see him due to the angle of the roof and from their vantage point from within the perimeter until he actually reached the top of the roof and was in position to shoot. The counter snipers were on a roof about the same distance away as the shooter was from Trump.

The reason this happened was lack of resources provided. There just wasn't enough people to handle all of the area's necessary to prevent this from happening. They could have used a wider perimeter and used drones to monitor the weak spots like the building that was near the perimeter. There is a lot to learn from this, but my understanding is the secret service requested more resources and were denied and this isn't the first time either.

my understanding is the secret service requested more resources and were denied and this isn't the first time either

If you are correct, I foresee some really sharp rhetoric in the coming days.

If you are correct, I foresee some really sharp rhetoric in the coming days.
I know Bongino has been warning about the lack of security resources for months now. Of course, he is former SS and has a lot of knowledge of how it all works. RFK junior gets virtually no SS help at all, but of course his chances of being a factor in the election is rather low.

I looked at the bigger picture again this morning and those witnesses that seen the shooter climbing the building and pointing out where the shooter was, tried to tell local police what was happening but they were not at a vantage point to confirm and relay the message quickly enough. This is very disturbing. How can a building be outside the secure perimeter and yet be well within the range of a sniper and not have security on it? A highly skilled sniper can hit an apple at 400 yards easily (chip shot) and this was less than 300 yards. Add in the special sniper tools, and a sniper has 400-1000 yard range. So there should have been drones, passive personnel that just report what they see, and much better communication. If this had been an actual sniper with skills, Trump would definitely have been assassinated yesterday %100.

It should be interesting to see what the investigation comes up with as to weaknesses in security and communication. The media's incitement of violence has to end.

I was surprised at how Biden's announcement was so fluid and practically Perfect. I was under the impression that his faculty's had declined greatly. Then my conspiracy theory circuits turned on... What if he's been practicing his speech for days, and just modified it slightly because Trump survived?

I was surprised at how Biden's announcement was so fluid and practically Perfect. I was under the impression that his faculty's had declined greatly. Then my conspiracy theory circuits turned on... What if he's been practicing his speech for days, and just modified it slightly because Trump survived?
Well done for identifying and accepting that you have a capacity for that tendency.

Many cannot and do not, there will be much conspiracy theory in the coming days.

My conclusion is that all will say it was Biden.

My conclusion is that all will say it was Biden.
Let me set you straight. We will joke about it but I'd bet the ranch that none of the conservatives here actually believe that Biden ordered the hit directly. His rhetoric though did have the desired effect. Trump says "march peacefully" and he is accused of causing an insurrection. Biden says Trump is Hitler incarnate but he is not responsible for the assassination attempt. Yet another case of leftist hyprocasy.

Biden's remarks were tired standard pre-written remarks that every politician and their PR person has. Biden did not actualy mean what he said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom