I’m Mad as Hell and I’m not going to take it any more. (1 Viewer)

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
Today, 14:45
Rich said:
You're sad because I'm not on the list of people you hate ?:confused:
Not, not a sad face, that was a blushing face.

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
KenHigg said:
And that just about covers all of us around here :eek: :eek: :p

:eek: Light bulb just came on! Did you mean that half the people in the forum are in my list!

Boy did I just have a blonde moment. :eek: :eek:

Nah, can't be...I get along with everyone here so far!

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Rich said:
Including that Da Vinci Code thing? :confused:

The Da Vinci code was just a paperback novel released in hardback, surrounded by mystery to promote an international buzz.

It was so successful at that; they made a movie.

Probably what he intended from the very beginning.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
selenau837 said:
What am I sick and tired of. Hmmm, let me see!!

Liars, backstabbers, my ex, family court, close minded people, bigots, liberals, conservatives, unforgiving straight people (AKA Homophobics), the bible belt in the US, and most of all people who judge before they have the whole story. :D That about sums it up.

What does homophobia mean any way?

Seems to me, it’s a term used to denigrate heterosexual males.

R

Rich

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/4602268.stm

Why weren't the bastards that did this to these poor kids not prosectuted, why are these twats still involved in child care ? Why was one poor sod kept in care for ten fu&*ing years even after the court ordered his return simply because social services said his parents were poor?
Why is there no public inquiry Bliar? So much for so called fu@#ing experts!
All because one of the kids had nightmares about ghosts, I've got news for you twats, so did I, so do a lot of kids:rolleyes:
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:45
jsanders said:
What does homophobia mean any way?
The term refers to people who discriminate against homosexuals just as the term "racist" describes a person who discriminates against people of a certain race, and as the term "xenophobe" describes a person who discriminates against people born in a foreign country.

The term has been so overused and misapplied that it has become to be applied to just about anyone who disagrees with the political agenda of pro-gay policy. :rolleyes:

jsanders said:
Seems to me, it’s a term used to denigrate heterosexual males.
Sorry, Joe, but that's just plain silly. You may as well say "racist" is a put down to white people or "anti-semite" denigrates Christians.

R

Rich

Kraj said:
The term refers to people who discriminate against homosexuals .
Not that simplistic surely?
The term homophobia means an "irrational fear of homosexuality or homosexuals". It is derived from the words homosexual and phobia (meaning panic fear in Greek). The term itself is however often broadened to encompass other feelings such as aversion to, disparagement of, or discrimination against gay people, their lifestyle, or culture.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Kraj said:
The term refers to people who discriminate against homosexuals just as the term "racist" describes a person who discriminates against people of a certain race, and as the term "xenophobe" describes a person who discriminates against people born in a foreign country.

The term has been so overused and misapplied that it has become to be applied to just about anyone who disagrees with the political agenda of pro-gay policy. :rolleyes:

Sorry, Joe, but that's just plain silly. You may as well say "racist" is a put down to white people or "anti-semite" denigrates Christians.

Well maybe, but it seems to me that a phobia is a fear.

And the people I know that are in one way or another against gay people, are not it the least bit afraid.

So how did the word come into being.

And I think you're wrong about the second part Kraj I think it is used as a smeer against males that do not completely embrace male homosexuality.

Mostly; by "men hating" women.

I’ve seen it on numerous occasions.

Last edited:

KenHigg

Local time
jsanders said:
And the people I know that are in one way or another against gay people, are not it the least bit afraid.

Oh no -----! Not again....:p

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
jsanders said:
Well maybe, but it seems to me that a phobia is a fear.

I would argue that the root of most, if not all, negative emotions is fear. However, that's a entirely different debate. A phobia is defined as:

Dictionary.com said:
1. A persistent, abnormal, and irrational fear of a specific thing or situation that compels one to avoid it, despite the awareness and reassurance that it is not dangerous.
2. A strong fear, dislike, or aversion.
So, a phobia is not exclusively a fear. I seriously doubt anyone to whom definitition #2 does not apply would be referred to as a homophobe. If they are, whoever is referring to them is probably an idiot.

jsanders said:
And I think your wrong about the second part Kraj I think it is used as a smeer against males that do not completely embrace male homosexuality.
I'm sure that does happen and perhaps that's the majority of your personal experience. As I said, I think the term has been overused and misapplied. I don't think, however, that the term is nothing more than a "smeer"; there are still many people out there who negatively discriminate against homosexuals based exclusively on their sexuality and no good, rational reason.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
KenHigg said:
Oh yeah Ken, I'm on a role. I'm so sick and tired of political correctness, I could puke.

We are being forced to use courteous acceptable language and all the while it’s masking deep seated problems in our societies.

I mean come on.
The news is on; two guys kill a local news man. The police are looking for them they have a bad video from a teller machine. They don’t even tell the audience what color they are. As if skin color was not alowed any more to describe a suspect.

Political correctness to the point of absurdity.

Last edited:

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
And this has to do homophobia why?

KenHigg said:
Just remember Ken... I didn't bring it up :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom