Waiting (6 Viewers)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:28
Diverting again.
Just trying to open your eyes. And you can't answer the question, can you?
Unrestricted Capitalism is what made America the powerhouse it was. It is the job of Congress to put limits on what is acceptable behavior and what is not. I know you think that Trump is the root of all evil but in reality, it is Congress. It is Congress who makes the rules that allow CitiCorp to get cash from my checking account IMMEDIATELY upon receipt of entering my check into their payment system while I have to wait 5 "banking" days to have access to checks I receive.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Democrats are the greatest threat to capitalism and freedom that ever was. God save the Court and help them continue fighting for capitalism and freedom.

The administrative power of the state usurping all of our Constitutional rights was LOOOOOOng overdue to be killed.
Bring back the good old days, the polluted drinking water, the severed body parts, bank robber getting away, kidnappers running amuck, Small Investors being scammed out of their life's savings.

Truly, the only cost of all these regulations has been to make the ones that profit the most from extorting workers and polluting the environment, are the wealthiest investor class.

You are about the get your way, you and all of the rest of the MAGA bunch.

Be careful what you wish for. It's coming for you too. That will be some comfort I guess.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 08:28
Bring back the good old days, the polluted drinking water, the severed body parts, bank robber getting away, kidnappers running amuck, Small Investors being scammed out of their life's savings.

Truly, the only cost of all these regulations has been to make the ones that profit the most from extorting workers and polluting the environment, are the wealthiest investor class.

You are about the get your way, you and all of the rest of the MAGA bunch.

Be careful what you wish for. It's coming for you too. That will be some comfort I guess.
You sound a bit violent at this point. Severed body parts... that will be some comfort?
Who was it that finally either got banned or dragged themselves away from here finally - George something or other? No, Frank. A bitter recovering UA member IIRC. Is what it reminds me of. Sounds like you're about to pull the bomb out of that backpack, wherever you are!

We need some regulation, just nowhere near what we have and constantly growing to epic proportions. Have a fabulous day and Happy Monday!

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Just trying to open your eyes. And you can't answer the question, can you?
Unrestricted Capitalism is what made America the powerhouse it was. It is the job of Congress to put limits on what is acceptable behavior and what is not. I know you think that Trump is the root of all evil but in reality, it is Congress. It is Congress who makes the rules that allow CitiCorp to get cash from my checking account IMMEDIATELY upon receipt of entering my check into their payment system while I have to wait 5 "banking" days to have access to checks I receive.
I think MAGA is the root of all evil.

You should study what was going on at the end of the 19th century. And, how the government finally turned away from the robber barons and embraced the workers. That is an exact demonstration of the value of completely tearing down the mega capitalist structures.

We are at that exact crossroad right now. MAGA is for the Robber Barons, so far the everyday workers are not being represented be of liberal control of the voice of the democrats. And the Liberal Voice is being paid for by the same people that bring you morning AM rush hour brainwashing.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I think MAGA is the root of all evil.

You should study what was going on at the end of the 19th century. And, how the government finally turned away from the robber barons and embraced the workers. That is an exact demonstration of the value of completely tearing down the mega capitalist structures.

We are at that exact crossroad right now. MAGA is for the Robber Barons, so far the everyday workers are not being represented be of liberal control of the voice of the democrats. And the Liberal Voice is being paid for by the same people that bring you morning AM rush hour brainwashing.
That makes no sense, because Maga is only a few years old.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
You sound a bit violent at this point. Severed body parts... that will be some comfort?
Who was it that finally either got banned or dragged themselves away from here finally - George something or other? No, Frank. A bitter recovering UA member IIRC. Is what it reminds me of. Sounds like you're about to pull the bomb out of that backpack, wherever you are!

We need some regulation, just nowhere near what we have and constantly growing to epic proportions. Have a fabulous day and Happy Monday!
I was describing the world that existed before we had all these protections. Complete destruction of our regulatory institutions is not an answer to over-reach. And you (MAGA), everything you hear from your news sources, has one objective.

To reduce the taxes on the Crown.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
The Dems have been asking for this fight, and now that it's here they cry foul. You turned dead misdemeanors into serious felonies with creative lawfare, now you are concerned? :D

Mike Krailo

Local time
Supreme court has ruled on immunity, and dems are freaking out.

The key is presumptive immunity. That is a power only a president has, and it protects all future presidents from ridiculous political lawfare. The president is a branch of government and it has special powers. The phrase "No man is above the law" is an emotional proclamation that appeals to fairness, but would leave lower courts with way too much power to cripple future presidents. The dissenting justices don't seem to understand that impeachment is the correct way to remove a president that goes rouge and commits high crimes and misdemeanors. Remember no president has ever been indicted before until these lower courts suddenly declared they had the power to litigate a sitting president for perceived thought crimes. As regular citizens we all have the presumption of innocence until being proven guilty of a crime. Clearly defining what the crime is, is absolutely imperative for all of us, and especially for the president.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:28
Complete destruction of our regulatory institutions is not an answer to over-reach

Complete revocation of illegally initiated regulations IS an answer to overreach.

Dissolving the Chevron Deference doctrine actually changes only one thing back to the way it used to be & should be... the PATH to putting in a new regulation.

Before, if an Executive branch agency wanted a new rule, they drafted it up, published it for a requisite time in the Federal Register, and then put it into place. Congress and the courts had limited control because Congress got bypassed and the courts were essentially ORDERED to give deference to the ageny's action.

Now, if an executive branch agency tries to enforce a rule and the courts say "No" then the agency drafts a change to the extant legislation to clarify the rule and finds someone in Congress to sponsor a bill to implement that rule. (You KNOW they will find someone.) Then Congress looks at it, says "it makes sense" or "it doesn't make sense" or "let's tweak at bit" after which Congress acts to drop, table, or pass the legislation. And then, if they grant the change, the President signs it into law and the constitutional method did what IT was supposed to do and the Executive branch got what they wanted.

Granted, this slows down the speed of government operation. The government won't get so much done. But ... You have to understand the Jeffersonian view of government. "The government that governs least governs best." So maybe this slow-down of government operation is the hand of Thomas Jefferson on the throttle to prevent a government gone wild with laws and regulations.

And sorry, Thales750, but that ISN'T facism. If you take the Wikipedia definition,

1. dictatorial leader - neither Trump nor Biden closely meet this criterion.
2. centralized autocracy - Biden's executive orders to cancel student debt even though the act authorizing the debts was passed by Congress, qualifies as an autocratic action. The regulation-crazy Executive branch is yet another example of autocracy.
3. militarism - neither Trump nor Biden has displayed excessive militarism, but weaponizing the FBI (as done by Democrats) is close.
4. forcible suppression of opposition - look at how the FBI was weaponized by the democrats. Look at the "lawfare" waged against Trump and his followers. That is the Democrat's doing.
5. belief in a natural social hierarchy - Democrats push for DEI as their form of hierarchy.
6. subordination of individual interests for the perceived good of the nation or race - Democratic actions to restructure wealth
7. strong regimentation of society and the economy - again, DEI is an example, and it is democratic. Trump stood back during the COVID crisis but it was the Democrats who pushed the society and the economy in specific directions.

So if there IS any facism, it isn't with Republicans. It is the Democrats who had power and see it eroding, so they desperately cling to it, clawing and scratching their way knowing that Biden's brightest days are long-gone, but they MIGHT be able to keep him in power and control him from behind the scenes.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Complete revocation of illegally initiated regulations IS an answer to overreach.

Dissolving the Chevron Deference doctrine actually changes only one thing back to the way it used to be & should be... the PATH to putting in a new regulation.

Before, if an Executive branch agency wanted a new rule, they drafted it up, published it for a requisite time in the Federal Register, and then put it into place. Congress and the courts had limited control because Congress got bypassed and the courts were essentially ORDERED to give deference to the ageny's action.

Now, if an executive branch agency tries to enforce a rule and the courts say "No" then the agency drafts a change to the extant legislation to clarify the rule and finds someone in Congress to sponsor a bill to implement that rule. (You KNOW they will find someone.) Then Congress looks at it, says "it makes sense" or "it doesn't make sense" or "let's tweak at bit" after which Congress acts to drop, table, or pass the legislation. And then, if they grant the change, the President signs it into law and the constitutional method did what IT was supposed to do and the Executive branch got what they wanted.

Granted, this slows down the speed of government operation. The government won't get so much done. But ... You have to understand the Jeffersonian view of government. "The government that governs least governs best." So maybe this slow-down of government operation is the hand of Thomas Jefferson on the throttle to prevent a government gone wild with laws and regulations.

And sorry, Thales750, but that ISN'T facism. If you take the Wikipedia definition,

1. dictatorial leader - neither Trump nor Biden closely meet this criterion.
2. centralized autocracy - Biden's executive orders to cancel student debt even though the act authorizing the debts was passed by Congress, qualifies as an autocratic action. The regulation-crazy Executive branch is yet another example of autocracy.
3. militarism - neither Trump nor Biden has displayed excessive militarism, but weaponizing the FBI (as done by Democrats) is close.
4. forcible suppression of opposition - look at how the FBI was weaponized by the democrats. Look at the "lawfare" waged against Trump and his followers. That is the Democrat's doing.
5. belief in a natural social hierarchy - Democrats push for DEI as their form of hierarchy.
6. subordination of individual interests for the perceived good of the nation or race - Democratic actions to restructure wealth
7. strong regimentation of society and the economy - again, DEI is an example, and it is democratic. Trump stood back during the COVID crisis but it was the Democrats who pushed the society and the economy in specific directions.

So if there IS any facism, it isn't with Republicans. It is the Democrats who had power and see it eroding, so they desperately cling to it, clawing and scratching their way knowing that Biden's brightest days are long-gone, but they MIGHT be able to keep him in power and control him from behind the scenes.
Too much writing Doc. The bottom line we in the same place as they were at the end of the robber baron days.

I live in MAGA country. I see the nationalist Trump flags waving in the back of their MAGA pickups.

The difference this time is the common man is supporting the wealthy class. Hell is coming and MAGA is it's horse. Wait and see, I am right about this.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Too much writing Doc. The bottom line we in the same place as they were at the end of the robber baron days.

I live in MAGA country. I see the nationalist Trump flags waving in the back of their MAGA pickups.

The difference this time is the common man is supporting the wealthy class. Hell is coming and MAGA is it's horse. Wait and see, I am right about this.
@Thales750 serious question: why didn't Trump go full dictator four years ago?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
What planet do you live on? The water in Flint Michigan is probably still not drinkable. How about East Palestine PA after the train wreck? How are they doing under the Biden administration? Biden couldn't be bothered to even go to visit. Trump did though and I think brought water. Talk about severed body parts!!! Just think about how a partial birth abortion is performed? I'm not sure about kidnapping but I'm pretty sure that slavery is alive and well in the US and being aided and abetted by the Biden administration. Investors are still being scammed, near as I can tell. FTX only happened last year and Bernie Madoff was just 16 years ago which isn't exactly ancient history.
I wonder who made off with all the money big Pharma got paid for the "vaccine" that doesn't actually prevent you from getting COVID. If you don't count all the money CDC and FDA employees get from Big Pharma every year.
I was describing the world that existed before we had all these protections.
But we don't actually have any real protections. Congress passes tons of bills. Departments write rules and make their own laws, enforce them - that is why all the agencies need armed agents, not just the FBI and DOJ, and then decide that we the people don't have standing to sue them so they have completely run amok.

If Congress is not inclined to set evaluation criteria on whether or not a bill is successful, then we are just tearing up dollar bills into little pieces and tossing them into the wind. Just passing a bill is MEANINGLESS. You need the Executive Branch to actually enforce the resulting laws and regulations. And if you are not going to enforce the laws, then Congress should stop wasting their time and my money by creating new ones. Laws that are on the books but never enforced are the way banana republics work. These lurking laws are the traps that are used against "enemies of the state" such as Trump and his supporters.

Last edited:

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
What planet do you live on? The water in Flint Michigan is probably still not drinkable. How about East Palestine PA after the train wreck? How are they doing under the Biden administration? Biden couldn't be bothered to even go to visit. Trump did though and I think brought water. Talk about severed body parts!!! Just think about how a partial birth abortion is performed? I'm not sure about kidnapping but I'm pretty sure that slavery is alive and well in the US and being aided and abetted by the Biden administration. Investors are still being scammed, near as I can tell. FTX only happened last year and Bernie Madoff was just 16 years ago which isn't exactly ancient history.

I wonder who made off with all the money big Pharma got paid for the "vaccine" that doesn't actually prevent you from getting COVID. If you don't count all the money CDC and FDA employees get from Big Pharma every year.

But we don't actually have any real protections. Congress passes tons of bills. Departments write rules and make their own laws, enforce them - that is why all the agencies need armed agents, not just the FBI and DOJ, and then decide that we the people don't have standing to sue them so they have completely run amok.

If Congress is not inclined to set evaluation criteria on whether or not a bill is successful, then we are just tearing up dollar bills into little pieces and tossing them into the wind. Just passing a bill is MEANINGLESS. You need the Executive Branch to actually enforce the resulting laws and regulations. And if you are not going to enforce the laws, then Congress should stop wasting their time and my money by creating new ones. Laws that are on the books but never enforced are the way banana republics work. These lurking laws are the traps that are used against "enemies of the state" such as Trump and his supporters.
Save your anti-Biden arguments for the Choir. You don't get to win this by saying someone else is worse.

The MAGA manifesto is 100% about giving more to the rich.

Mike Krailo

Local time
That's another good one.
MAGA is just a new name for an age old evil. Greed at the top.
If it's age old, then it applies equally to both sides.

The MAGA manifesto is 100% about giving more to the rich.
I think we have already lived through trump years that prove this statement completely false. Ask the average black family if they are doing better under Bi-Done or back in the trump years and many will admit life was better under trump. That's why they'll vote for trump this time around in droves. Everyone was very happy back then minus the world wide covid event, unlike during "Break Down Quickly" years. Inflation is the governments way of stealing from all of us equally (devaluing purchasing power) which negatively affects those with lower income or are on social security. Rich people don't care about inflation until it becomes runaway inflation, but by that time they have already shielded their assets.

Make America great again is not some code word for evil just because trump came up with it. It actually has simple straight forward meaning to it. It is the idea that we should largely put America and the people/businesses living here legally that pay taxes, and contribute to society FIRST. The "Build Back Better" slogan that Joe mysteriously made it sound awfully similar to the trump slogan should have been "SMWDHACHI" which is short for Spend Money We Don't Have And Cause High Inflation". Or maybe "LAOI" Let Anyone In.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:28
You don't get to win this by saying someone else is worse.

That isn't exactly true. If Trump wins this time around, it will definitely be because the other guy was worse. Biden won last time by saying that the Donald was worse and as it was, he didn't get a landslide mandate.

In Louisiana a few decades ago, we had an election for governor where in the runoff, we had the choice between Edwin Edwards, a known (and later convicted) crook, and David Duke, a known bigot and former member of the KKK (as a grand dragon or whatever name for his rank). That was EXACTLY a case where Edwards won by saying the other guy was worse.

Therefore, Thales750, be careful about how you evaluate people's politics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom