Oh the Places You'll Go

reclusivemonkey said:
I'd love to try haggis. Is the supermarket one acceptable? Or should I order one online from Scotland. How do you cook it??? Hayley, I'm hoping you can help me out here so I can convince my fellow sassenachs that it really is a delicacy...
It's just like an oversized faggot, you're not missing much ;)

Rich - this is the second time in a couple of days I've had to ask you nicely to empty your mailbox :mad:

Hay

Hayley Baxter said:
Rich - this is the second time in a couple of days I've had to ask you nicely to empty your mailbox :mad:

Hay
Thats because Selena keeps sending him messages:rolleyes: where is she today by the way?

Col

I have been to... Australia, New Zealand, Rarotonga, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, France, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, Andorra, Egypt, Italy, Greece, Turkey, USA, Canada, Mexico, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Holland, Czech Republic, Luxemburg... and tomorrow I'm off to Hungary (Budapest)... Think both Australia and NZ have dis-owned Tasmania... and I have lived there as well (... and no, I don't have 2 heads!!).

French Canadians have lovely women... esp the accent... so a good reason to visit Montreal if you are a bloke. But nowadays I quite like visiting Sweden - cos my fiancee is from there, and they are lovely ppl, and the country is gorgeous. Also loved the Czech Republic... actually, let's face it... everywhere is nice as long as you don't have to work!!

ColinEssex said:
Thats because Selena keeps sending him messages:rolleyes: where is she today by the way?

Col

No idea :confused:

Selena, I'll make a little deal with you...can you save me just a little bit of space to speak to our Richey....... Stop being so greedy wanting him all to yourself :mad: ........:cool: :D

Hay

Hayley Baxter said:

Hay

Now the kettle's calling the pot black! :mad: :p
empty it Hays

Rich said:
Now the kettle's calling the pot black! :mad: :p
empty it Hays

Now now you two. . . . . . just spend a little time first thing emptying your mailboxes then you won't need to fight:rolleyes:

Col

SJ McAbney said:
Denmark, Poland, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Portugal, Czech Republic, Singapore, India, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Djibouti, Egypt, Cyprus, Lebanon, and Syria. Not the most joyous of places. Saying that, I enjoyed Poland, Denmark, and, in a way, the Czech Republic.
Mile-O, what part of India did you visit?

Col

Rich said:
well there is just that little difference about what constitutes a football team :cool:
We'll see how Man U get on in the next round of the cup shall we?

They're bloody lucky they didn't draw Colchester:D

Col

ColinEssex said:
Now now you two. . . . . . just spend a little time first thing emptying your mailboxes then you won't need to fight:rolleyes:

Col

I wouldn't dream of fighting with Richey :confused: I'd be lost without or little football debates......:cool:

Mailbox now emptied.........:o

Hay

ColinEssex said:
This may be mis-interpreted by our American colleagues :rolleyes:
Nah, 'you're not missing much' would still be true for an oversized faggot here. :p

Kraj said:
Nah, 'you're not missing much' would still be true for an oversized faggot here. :p
I see you're developing our sense of humour, just practice some more :cool:

Hayley Baxter said:
Thanks for the information Barry, Just for the record I don't like Haggis, I never eat Porridge. I did however try a Mars Bar Supper once........:p It had to be done! It wasn't too pleasant actually and I don't think I'll ever be trying anything like that again, one of our local chippie's done Mars Bar suppers and I think the other one was Snickers If I remember correctly!

I'll give you that much some good did come out of England....my other half for example!! When Scotland played England at the rugby last year he was a right pain in the neck winding me up because we were geting beat......I fight back where I can knowing that we are not half as good it's hard but I do ok. If it's not about sports and stuff it's when I take off on my slang and he tells all his relatives when we go back down south to visit in his best scottish accent (his scottish accent is really quite pathetic but he's improving) :p

Anyway I like England really and my many visits there have always been a pleasant experience. I've never had any abuse for being scottish although my other half does tend to get some grief for being English on nights out (certain places)

Hay

Gracious as always, Hay. A shining example to the naughty boys on this forum.;) :D

Col, it was a place called, I believe, Jamnagar. I didn't get to visit it, really, as I was on board ships back then.

reclusivemonkey said:
Firstly, great thread title :-) One of my favourite stories I read to my gf's daughter, along with "Oh the thinks you can think".

Thanks!
When my kids were little, I could recite "The Cat in the Hat" blindfolded. My husband knew I needed a vacation when he came home, "how was your day?" and I answered,
"The sun did not shine.
It was too wet to play.
So we sat in the house
all that
~~~~cold
~~~~~~~cold
~~~~~~~~~~ wet
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~day."

:) great memories of a mother's loving madness

TessB said:
Thanks!
When my kids were little, I could recite "The Cat in the Hat" blindfolded.

I vaguely remembered "The Cat in the Hat" from when I was young, and then in my teens it was "in vogue" again (although more in a visual sense I believe).

However, it wasn't until reading it again very recently that I saw what genius it really was. Some books are a PITA to read, and some are simply a joy (I mean the physical act of reading, rather than anything to do with the story). Dr. Seuss is clearly in the latter category.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom